Good morning. Thank you for your continued support and time to read, email, text, and visit our website.
I wanted to pass along a "heads up" to anyone planning on attending Heritage Life Skills IX 2020. The original date has been moved one week back to May 8 - 10, 2020. What a great gift for all Mother's. Spend the weekend with a fun group of like-minded individuals. Hope you can make it.
With that said... Let's get moving....
(Reader advisory - This site, the author/owner and the contents of this site are for reading pleasure only. We are NOT responsible for your feelings, happy or sad. As always, avoid fear porn, take what you want, throw away the rest and apply to your own preparedness as you see fit. Keep one foot grounded always. Earthly speaking, the only thing we know for certain is how prepared we are.)
Thoughts for the Week -
It was another blessed week for us. Ms. Lucy has been on a torrid schedule the month of September but her time invested is quality time with family back East. She was able to spend time with her sister and brother-in-law who are missionaries from South Africa the past 12 years. They get minimal state side time for visits and most of the time is working time. The stories they share of their work and travel within the continent of Africa is amazing and often riveting. We talk and share preparedness methods here in the states based on the "what if" however these folks pretty much live it daily. With minimal income and a constant threat from their surroundings when traveling outside their local area, they must constantly stay focused on what is happening. They have been robbed multiple times and maintain an established safe room within their home and a "bug out" plan in the event they must flee South Africa. Their faith remains strong and constant. If you are the praying type, please keep them in your prayers. Thank you.
I had the opportunity to travel on the mountain to visit Festus and two fellow Patriots. It was great food, fellowship and conversation on a variety of topics to include faith, family, world affairs, MK Ultra, preparedness, team building, weapons, good books to read on human psychology and understanding what make a person tick. Time passes to fast when I'm around like minded people. I finally had to depart the crew and head off the mountain heading south east. Tomorrow will take me on to Virginia and West Virginia. Yes Dorothy, West Virginia earned her own state title. Take Me Home Country Roads ...
Speaking of Africa... or any other location where you can witness a third world way of life. My comments and intent is not to speak down to their way of life. It is to point out to you that here in America most have not lived or endured this way of life. Being poor and having a car and cell phone makes you middle class or higher in a third world country. Receiving a check from the government, state, church or family, because one is poor is middle class or higher in a third world nation. Many Americans will lose their ability to think and function if and when their lifestyle changes and they now become like citizens who are poor in a third world country. Survival will go beyond finding food and water. They won't know how to open a can or cleanse water. Have you considered this? Losing their cell phone will be traumatic. Losing the microwave oven will be traumatic. Losing their texting to communicate will be traumatic. When these citizens realize they must verbally communicate, know how to write with a pen or pencil, count and calculate totals with their brain and fingers, know how to find food and water they can consume without getting sick, get out of their parents basement to go find the resources to survive, they will be devastated. You see, the poor in third world nations are mostly survivors of a normal way of life for them. When today's norm becomes tomorrow's devastation for many, those of us who are part of the 5% will want to be totally separated from the craziness that is going to ensue. Take away, food, water, technology, transportation, and medicine, and chaos will be the norm. Have you considered lately how your life will be when chaos ensues? It may be something to readdress.
I'm just curious to how many of you have noticed the ongoing increase in prices when visiting the local food markets? It doesn't matter if it's a local family market or a box store, prices are out of control. Here in North Alabama we have noticed a lesser quality in many of the fresh vegetables. This wasn't a onetime thing but on going. I was recently in a chain grocer to pick up a few things that filled maybe two plastic bags and it was over $70.00. What is my point? Folks who are on fixed incomes or limited incomes must be feeling the pressure more each week. With winter coming soon it will be very difficult for families and seniors to pick between food, medicine and heating their home or apartment. This is nothing new and has been a mainstay in America for years. With the increase in homelessness and increased cost for food and heating, a noticeable percentage of our citizens are going to suffer through the colder months. While we continue our preparedness steps and add to our resources, are you also including extra food for those without?
As I mention in my book, Hope For Survival, I have found buying the large cans of vegetables at SAMs Club or Costco for minimal cost to set aside for those in need. Based on the current circumstances in America today, I may pull the ones I have in stock and contribute to a food bank and replace my stock. It is a good opportunity to rotate stock and more so help others. I don't make predictions nor predict but my gut tells me this is going to be a rough winter for many. I can tell you from past experience, there is nothing worse than enduring cold and hunger daily. I know from conversations with a few of you that you donate and volunteer at local food banks. Bless you.
One of our Patriot brothers called me last Saturday evening after a visit in Atlanta. This young man is pushing 80 years old, just had a knee replacement not long ago, and can get with it with the best of them. A mentor to troubled youth and a man to all others. He was sharing some names and information to me on some subjects we are both researching and getting more educated on. The attitude and care this man invest in his faith and family are golden. Sir, I just wanted to tell you what an inspiration you are to me. Thanks for caring and pressing ahead on your preparedness and helping others. Stay strong and keep charging. Just so you know, I followed through with the information you provided and watched the documentary you suggested. Excellent and informative and right on target. For others, if you want to watch the same documentary, it is on NetFlix. It is titled "Look and See" by Wendell Berry.
Aside from the beauty of the landscape in Kentucky, Mr Berry's story is excellent. It is a portrait of the changing landscapes and shifting values of rural America as seen through the mind's eye of writer, farmer, and activist Wendell Berry, in his native Henry County, Kentucky, a place mourning the loss of a bygone way of life that was once the cornerstone of America. Technology is making farming easier but the cost of technology and making a living after paying bills for the technology is pricing farmers out of their way of life. I would recommend this documentary. Rural America is forgotten in many ways until the food stops.
September is Preparedness month and the time for folks to start their personal preparedness or for veterans to dust off their plans and inventory their resources. We held our annual Preparedness Day at work where we set up tables to promote Preparedness. We display back packs, water treatment purification, emergency gear and things of this nature. Some of the things that the unprepared people say is hilarious. One group of ladies could not believe you could buy the 4 oz water pouches . She said "they are so cute." Another lady swore it was impossible to use the Mylar emergency blanket as a rain jacket. By the way, this is our favorite work day of the year. It reconfirms why Iam part of the 5% crew. And the beat goes on...and the beat goes on...
I often encounter discussions on Wild Crafting and edible plants. Always interesting I must admit, but, sometimes it is hard to associate names with appearances. What does the plant look like and can I eat it? So, I wanted to share this link with you. This is from a wild crafting website that I believe may be inactive, however the links remain working. So you can go to this link, pick your state and hit submit. It will then show by state edible plants or all plants based on your selection. Once you are on your choice of states you can then find a listing of plants found. It also offers what color of flower (if applicable) and fruit color (if applicable). This is a great tool for adults and also when teaching children. Here is the link to get you started. Enjoy. http://www.wildcrafting.net/states.php
Okay, let's move ahead...
Preparedness News -
1. From James Walton - Bio Prepper - https://www.bioprepper.com/2019/08/20/classified-fema-report-confirms-preppers-worst-fears/ -
2. From Mac Slavo - The SHTF Plan - https://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/if-truckers-stopped-working-grocery-stores-would-run-out-of-food-in-3-days_09162019 - I don't think many are paying close attention to the ongoing situation in the trucking industry because it's not on lame stream media. Last count I read trucking lacked roughly 4500 drivers. I have repeatedly stated for years, when the trucks stop rolling everything changes. We are always nine meals from chaos except for those who are prepared.
3. From Selco - The Organic Prepper - https://www.theorganicprepper.com/selco-guns-shtf/ - Isn't it amazing how things sometimes never turn out the way it was predicted? Flashback - You remember months ago attending a class at Heritage Life Skills and hearing me talk about focusing on your four primary needs...food, water, shelter, and security. Very often I read and hear about folks making statements about their weapons and ammo. Great. But why are you talking about it (OPSEC)?
4. From Bill White - Survivopeda - https://www.survivopedia.com/9-types-of-foods-you-dont-want-to-stockpile/ - This is a good article offering information based on experience of the writer. Personally, when I talk to folks who are in to Preparedness and they share how they have a lot of stocked food in their freezer, my mental alarm goes off. I never want to discourage or cause pause in one's efforts. But, I do try and shy folks away from relying on frozen goods mid to long term.
5. From Luke Fater - Atlas Obscura - https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/what-did-medieval-peasants-eat - Very interesting article and website if you are interested in peasant food.
Other worthy news from the week
1. From Jacob Hornberger - The Future of Freedom Foundation - https://www.fff.org/2019/08/23/look-to-china-to-learn-about-america/ - Very interesting article by Mr Hornberger. Excellent statement on then and now...that being "the conversion of the Federal Government from a limited-government to a national-security state."
2. From Tyler Durden - Zero Hedge - https://www.zerohedge.com/political/russia-absolutely-pwn3d-fbi-during-obama-years-report - Great timeline breakdown. Maybe one should ask "who really had who."
3. From Z Man - The Z Man - http://thezman.com/wordpress/?p=18617 - When you read an article do you ever consider the agenda or hidden sponsor of the article? Z man lays out some interesting points.
4. From JC Dodge - American Partisan - https://www.americanpartisan.org/2019/09/that-5-am-bump-in-the-dark/ - I don't know about you, but I have the same thoughts as the story depicts. What if? You obey the law, play by the rules, leave people alone and treat them with respect.... but as the saying goes "there's always one." Insert Red Flag picture
5. From William L. Gensert - American Thinker - https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/09/no_matter_who_wins_in_2020_there_will_be_blood.html - If you have been hanging around for a while you probably read the headline of this article and think, "yea here we go again...another threat, another date, come and gone again." I don't know about you but the drum continues to beat and somedays it is louder than others. However, if you prepare daily and focus on protecting your family, the cause is not what I focus on, it is the impact of the cause.
6. From Matt Bracken - American Partisan -https://www.americanpartisan.org/2019/09/the-future-is-drone-warfare/ - My friends, this is a game changer indeed.
When one side can weaponized a system that flies under the radar, penetrates deep levels of security and can then target specific weapons, people and high value targets, and spying without detection....the playing field has new parameters. The news carries story after story over the past 18 months of family homes being entered between 1-4 AM and a family member grabbing a firearm thinking the home has an intruder. The ending doesn't go well for the family member.
7. From Martin Armstrong - Armstrong Economics - https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/climate/will-the-elite-wake-up-in-time-confront-the-left-climate-fear-campaigns/ - As always, Martin provides excellent perspectives. Okay my Patriot friends, we have reached the end.
8. From Paul Joseph Watson - Summit News - https://summit.news/2019/09/18/governments-not-prepared-for-pandemic-that-could-kill-80-million-people-warns-report/ - As scary as this may sound, this does not come as a surprise. If the truth be known, this has probably been the case and not improved in the past 25 years.
10. From Danielle D. Booth - From Quill Intelligence - (Easier format to read at https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/new-ghost-ships) When folks talk about the state of the economy I often suggest they simply take a look at what is shipping internationally and moving domestically via the highways. Things are moving slow in many cases and in other cases not at all.
11. From Mac Slavo - SHTF Plan - https://www.shtfplan.com/forecasting/bank-of-america-survey-recession-fears-have-reached-all-time-highs_09172019 - When I see these articles I ask; is the survey responses based on folks who watch and listen to mainstream media or study the markets and trends? Debt is an ongoing issue no doubt. Markets not moving goods is another issue. Constant beating of the war drum is another. Shall I continue?
12. From Brandon Smith - Alt-Market - https://www.alt-market.com/index.php/msm/3931-fed-ignores-growing-liquidity-crisis-mentions-nothing-about-qqeq - Brandon never disappoints.
The Patriot Express must move ahead.
Thanks for your time to check out the weekly newsletter. Stay safe this week.
Don't forget, this is Preparedness Month. Dust off your plans and adjust accordingly.
Please continue keeping our fellow brothers and sisters in your prayers. We have several folks who are battling health issues or dealing with a spouse with major health issues. Prayers are powerful and I know these folks would appreciate them much. Thanks!!!
Keep charging and have a great weekend.
Bravo Echo Out