Good morning!!! Ms. Lucy and I hope this week's Patriot Express News Letter finds you blessed and going strong in to Autumn. We are still enduring warm days here in North Alabama but our nights and early mornings are cooler. If it would just stay like this.
Just another reminder, anyone planning on attending Heritage Life Skills IX 2020. The original date has been moved one week back to May 8 - 10, 2020. What a great gift for all Mother's. Spend the weekend with a fun group of like-minded individuals. Hope you can make it.
With that said... Let's get moving....
(Reader advisory - This site, the author/owner and the contents of this site are for reading pleasure only. We are NOT responsible for your feelings, happy or sad. As always, avoid fear porn, take what you want, throw away the rest and apply to your own preparedness as you see fit. Keep one foot grounded always. Earthly speaking, the only thing we know for certain is how prepared we are.)
Alert: Threat Advisory - US of A
Who: Incels, a portmanteau of "involuntary celibates", are members of an online subculture who have increasingly become more extremist and focused on violence in recent years.
What: The Joker movie.
When: Opening Oct 4, 3029 nationwide
Where: Theaters Nationwide
Why: Feds issue warning for potential threats at theaters showing the Joker movie.
Summary: This is a heads up to you and your families. I have been waiting on the media to release this topic in order to post this to you. Think outside the box and avoid the movie and locations showing the movie. The article suggest having a plan to ensure you have two escape routes out of the theater in the event something occurs while you are watching the movie in a theater. Why even be at a location where a threat advisory has been issued? Folks, it's simple. Don't put yourself in areas of potential threats. It's not living in fear, it's being smart.
From Ben Kew - Breitbart - https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/09/25/military-issues-warning-after-mass-shooting-threat-at-joker/ -
From Louis Casiano - Fox News - https://www.foxnews.com/us/joker-movie-army-warning-violence
From Dorian Geiger - Oxygen - https://www.oxygen.com/crime-time/what-are-incels-subculture-reddit
From Jasmine Brown - ABC News - https://abcnews.go.com/US/incel-violent-misogyny-broken-community-sucked-negative-mindset/story?id=64957014
Thoughts for the Week -
Thank you for your continued support and time to read, email, text, and visit our website. When authors Frank Horton and Boyd Craven encouraged me to establish a website to support my goals and release of my first book, I had no clue what I was doing. I would admit it was a huge learning curve going from zero to up and running in three days, it was a crap shoot putting it mildly. Hours of reading and watching YouTube videos helped a great deal. I'm still learning each day and time often prohibits a lot of growth in this area. But, I am happy to tell you after five months of the website up and running, we have posted over 175 articles, included five guest writers, and had over 3,000 website hits. Now, many well-known sites and names receive over 100,000 per article and that is awesome. But, they do it full time and have a staff to do many of the upgrades, changes, building, and research. Maybe in the future? I don't know. But, for now, I'm extremely happy to think that each of you visited the site enough to tally over 3,000 visits. I can't thank you enough for your support.
Initially and ongoing my goal has been to try and provide information that will help others. Stories of others, guidance on how to do things, visits with people just like us who are doing and thinking the same things. One of the difficult things is selecting topics to appeal to readers. Balancing the topics to provide information to a wide variety of readers; young and older, ladies and men, full time preparers and folks just starting, hobbyist and folks who are trying to work projects, non-political information, future topics that could change our way of life in time, .... Then sorting through information, finding time to research the topic and then if time permits, talk to others who may offer additional information on the topic to provide a quality article. Reading and learning has been a part of my personal preparedness efforts and passing it on to you is important. Then we have the numerous emails sent in with suggested articles and information. I read and consider them all. They are great. If your submission isn't posted don't think it's because it wasn't considered or worthwhile. Sometimes I use them, part of them, or bank them for a future article. Please understand, I'm not complaining, this is simply how it works.
To sum it up, I am thankful to Ms. Lucy for her support and Festus for giving me another set of eyes to stay up to speed. I thank each of you for your friendship and being a part of this effort. Five months ago I would have told you this was impossible. When I write to you that I am blessed, please know, I am blessed. Thanks to everyone. But, our work isn't finished and we must continue trying to reach out and help others while continuing work on our own preparedness plans. Let's have fun doing it.
I am getting excited for Heritage Life Skills 2020. Are you? Hopefully we can cross paths if you attend. Festus and I continue piecing the two new classes together in the hope it will provide quality training for those who choose to attend the classes. If you attend the Preparedness 102 and 103 portion of the training, you will get to participate in community building and responding to scenarios presented to your community. If you do plan to attend these classes I would encourage you to get started now by reading one or all of the following books; JW Rawles - The Patriots, Glenn Tate - 299 Days series, William Forschen - One Second After series or Steve Bird - The New Home front series. These books will give you a head start to understand what we are attempting to do provide a better understanding on establishing a community (team) and making it function in a collapsed society.
Ms. Lucy and I had the opportunity to volunteer to support an International Organization titled JH Outback American here in Huntsville, AL this evening by serving dinner to the guest and staff workers running the event. Outback American is now International in Israel, India, Thailand, Poland and Kenya sharing a global message of faith, family unity, relationship building and bonding, and self purpose. Ms. Lucy and I participated as attendees back in 2013 and was completely impressed. If you want a great opportunity to bond with your spouse, child or grandchild this is a great place to do it. https://www.jhoutback.com/
Can you believe Christmas is quickly approaching? Less than three months away. We are getting ready to go back to print for another round of Hope For Survival books. We have had a few folks buying multiple copies to use as gifts. If you have considered or given thought to purchasing the book or multiple copies as a gift, please get your order to us ahead of time if possible. If you order the book I would be honored to sign each copy to a specific person if you provide the name. For those not aware, all proceeds from book sales go to two charities; a food bank in East TN and the Kenyan Well Program. Your support is much appreciated.
Ms. Lucy and I had the opportunity to travel back to our home state of W.V. last weekend for a very brief visit with family. I had the opportunity to meet an American Patriot who pulled in to visit my sister and brother-in-law. He drove in to their country driveway aboard a beautiful Harley Davidson with the American flag flying off the back and dawning his Vietnam Veteran leather vest. The man approached me with his hand out saying "they call me Doc, nice to meet you", as he gripped my hand firmly. He upheld the motto "Once a Marine, always a Marine". I knew of Doc from conversations with my family. Doc had lost his wife earlier in the year after a long battle with cancer. As he pulled in the driveway I heard my sister comment "it's good to see him out and about". Doc runs an annual charity in a town of 5,500 and county of 60,000, that is sort of like the Toys for Tots program led by the Marine Corp. It is one of the poor regions of WV where most history is about former coal miners. In several communities it looks like time stopped and the world moved on. Well, Doc works year round putting this annual Christmas event for children together. On the evening of the big event, Doc provides dinner and Christmas for over 1,000 area less fortunate children who would not have a Christmas without his efforts. In addition to dinner and a Santa, the children will get bags of groceries to have a meal on Christmas, new clothing (pants, shirts, shoes, coats, hats and gloves) and a toy based on age. Doc asks for no accolades or pats on his back. He spends all year reaching out to others to contribute and donate in order to give to others in need. It was my honor to finally meet this man they call "Doc".
Okay, let's move ahead...
Preparedness News -
1. From George T - Survival Blog - https://survivalblog.com/root-cellar-construction-george-t/ - Great article on a topic I hear often. If you read this, take time to read the comment section as well. Good stuff.
2. From Bill White - Survivor Pedia - https://www.survivopedia.com/4-effortless-steps-to-make-your-own-smoke-signal-flares/ - Excellent self-help project you can do on your own.
3. From James Watson - Bio Prepper - https://www.bioprepper.com/2019/08/12/what-is-the-best-canned-meat-for-preppers/ - When discussing food, this is one of the most talked about topics...how long till my food expires? Should I throw out my food at the expiration date? I have thrown away so much food that it just isn't worth keeping food stocked. This is a good article offering the opinion of the author on how long past the expiration date should one trust canned food.
4. From Tim Ferriss - Art of Manliness - https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/how-to-make-the-best-beef-jerky-in-the-world/ - I am a big fan of dehydrated jerky. Yum, yum. I experienced some teriyaki flavored venison that was cut as thin as potato chips. It crunched like baked bacon. Excellent I must say. My brother-in-law passed me some bear jerky he made last winter and it was very tasty as well. There is something about being outside in the cold and pulling out a piece of tasty jerky to chew on to cut the cold and hold me over to the next meal.
5. From David Andrew Brown - https://prepperswill.com/surviving-an-ambush/ - Those who attend my classes or took time to read my book will recall my constant pointing out it is most important to know yourself and how your brain is the greatest tool in your box. Planning and surviving an attempted ambush of you and your family should not be overlooked. How you detect and react will be the difference in life and death, being kidnapped or escaping. Like other possible scenarios, how you apply skills and quick thinking, not weapons, will be your strength.
6. From Mom with a Prep - https://momwithaprep.com/ - Home canning is an awesome tool. But, it can be deadly if not used right. Be smart and know the dangers before you start.
7. From Back Door Survival - https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/best-composting-toilets/ - This is one of the most overlooked preparedness needs for folks bugging in. The assumption that one will have water to flush toilets. Or, if they lose water they will go outside. Sanitation is critical to your preparedness planning. This article provides several suggestions for composting waste. Think about it, develop a plan and don't make this a stinky subject.
8. From Tunnel Rabbit - Survival Blog -https://survivalblog.com/two-way-radio-retreat-tunnel-rabbit/ - Folks often ask, should or shouldn't I have a Ham radio and license? That is a personal choice and commitment of time and money. But, you do need a means of communicating between loved ones and teams. How you plan to do it is a personal choice. But, if you are serious and build a Family Communication Plan, including the PACE system as a minimal, you need a way to talk back and forth. How will you do it? Something to consider and remember. When you purchase any version of a walkie-talkie from Amazon or a Box Store, do NOT think you will communicate the distance suggested on the plastic wrapper. Some say several miles. This is line of site. Meaning, a flat unimpeded line of site. No obstacles between radio A and B. Here is an excellent price on a last minute Ham Radio offer from Amazon on Baofeng UV-5R. This opportunity and offer expires 1 Oct, 2019. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N95D413/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B01N95D413&linkCode=as2&tag=survivalcom-20&linkId=a3374d633fa494a571779666e9b3a561
Your last call! There are just three days left until the U.S. sales ban on multi-band Baofeng UV-5R handie-talkies takes effect. As of October 1st, 2019, it will be illegal to advertise or sell them. But they will still be legal to operate. Only license amateur can operate on their ham bands. However, unlicensed folks can operate with them on their FRS, MURS, and CB bands. So get yourself a six pack, ASAP! BaoFeng 6 Pack BF-UV5R 1.5" LCD 5W 136~174MHz / 400~470MHz Dual Band Walkie Talkie with 1-LED Flashlight Includes 1800mah Rechargeable Battery (Black) by BAOFENG Price: $129.99 & FREE Shipping
Other worthy news from the week
1. From Martin Armstrong - https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/future-forecasts/ecm/economic-storm-trump-will-be-blamed-for-because-of-bad-advisers/ - I would encourage you to take time to read this article by Martin Armstrong.
Martin is always outstanding with his analysis. He makes some fairly bold assertions for early 2020.
If you study Martin, you will learn how everything is based around historical cycles; wars, financial crashes, ...
2. From Mike Adams - Natural News - https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-09-17-global-geoengineering-chemtrails-experiment-funded-by-nazi-linked-alfred-p-sloan-foundation.html - Excellent article. A topic that for many years has been labeled conspiracy theory is taking form, piece by piece. If one takes time to read and study history post WWII and follows the trail to current day they will understand the truths better. Another excellent site is https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/. Dane Wigington site has just shy of 33 million visits. Dane uses research and facts to support his conclusions. The point is you don't have to believe it. Simply understand it.
3. From Tyler Durden - Zero Hedge - https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/orwellian-nightmare-six-us-cities-make-list-most-surveilled-places-world - This is a very interesting article. You may be surprised which US city is No 1 of the US cities listed and the other five US cities in the global top 50.
4. From John Whitehead - The Rutherford Institute - https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/you_want_to_make_america_great_again_start_by_making_america_free_again - What are we willing to tolerate in order to protect a right we value? Freedom doesn't mean it is just for the rights and beliefs you agree with. However, it seems rights and beliefs are only applying to the other side of the fence. Believe and follow or be beaten and Oster sized for your position.
5. From Sandra D. Lane - The Organic Prepper - https://www.theorganicprepper.com/what-is-campylobacter/ - Ugh, this one sounds like no fun. Be safe.
6. From Tyler Durden - Zero Hedge - https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/stiff-strong-and-tough-researchers-discover-new-plastic-could-revolutionize-body-armor - Aside from perceived cost on a new product, this could be an outstanding move forward if the new product is available and affordable. First dibs will go to the Dept. of Defense. Here is another link to the same topic from a different source. http://www.buffalo.edu/news/releases/2019/002/025.html
7. From Courtney Linder - Popular Mechanics - https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/apps/g29038565/delete-apps-iphone/ - Is it just me or does it seem each passing month reveals more vulnerabilities used against us on our electronic devices?
8. From Christopher Roach - American Greatness - https://www.amgreatness.com/2019/09/17/why-soft-on-crime-democrats-are-tough-on-gun-violence/ - If you have noticed, I often jump off the rails on the topic of crime, gun control, the disregard for crime against children in the inner cities and how politicians and the wealthy ignore this fact. The author of this article makes some very good points to my points above.
9. From Z Man - The Z Man - http://thezman.com/wordpress/?p=18670 - Thoughts on Civil War - I don't know if people simply enjoy this topic, want this topic, think the reality of the topic is good, or if they are really contemplating being a part of it; but, I hear this topic often. Realities vs war gaming maybe? Any kind of war is not pretty and the weak at heart will find out in the early stages they should have stuck to the gaming side of it.
10 From Dave Hodges - The Common Sense Show - https://thecommonsenseshow.com/activism-agenda-21-conspiracy/its-here-d-wave-announces-2048-qubit-quantum-computing-system-theoretically-capable-breaking-all - If you are tracking AI and 5G you will see how this is more possible and a threat to the way of life we are used to having.
11. From Mac Slavo - SHTF Plan - https://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/google-rolls-out-orwellian-nightmare-technology-to-spy-on-you-in-your-home_09262019 -"These Walls Have Ears" - If you start to say something private, your friend might warn you that someone is eavesdropping by saying that the walls have ears. This implies that even when you think no one is listening, someone may still be spying on you. This expression first appeared in English in the 1600s. During the Cold War between the US of A and the Soviet Union, it was a common theme for anyone traveling to Russia to not say anything inside hotel rooms because the walls had ears. Today - Isn't it funny how folks line up to buy the Echo or Alexa device? Now, these devices offer facial and voice recognition. The newest feature will allow face to face camera communications, like Skype. This gives new meaning to "These walls have ears." Why travel to Russia to spied on when..... "Alexa, what did Ms. Lucy ask me to do this morning, I can't remember. " Alexa - "Hmmm, hold on, let me check my records." Just saying...
Okay my Patriot friends, we have reached the end. The Patriot Express must move ahead. Thanks for your time to check out the weekly newsletter.
Stay safe this week. Don't forget, this is Preparedness Month. Dust off your plans and adjust accordingly. A plan is only as good as you make it and verify it to work for you.
Please continue keeping our fellow brothers and sisters in your prayers. We have several folks who are battling health issues or dealing with a spouse with major health issues. Prayers are powerful and I know these folks would appreciate them much.
Keep charging and have a great weekend.
Bravo Echo Out