Patriot Express News Letter Edition #29
Good morning!!! Happy Saturday everyone. Hope you are all well as we meet again. So much news and so little time and space to share it.
Wow, what a drastic weather change here in North Bama. Seventy to thirty five degrees in 24 hours. I love it. I'm hoping to get Ms. Lucy out on the firing range this morning. If you have never tried it, you may want to do so. It is a different feeling trying to operate a firearm and get the slide back with cold stiff hands and fingers. It is also more difficult for many to conduct magazine reloads. Just saying...
Thank you for stopping by and sharing your time to check out the Patriot Express News Letter. Your time is never taken for granted so we are blessed that you share it with us. Thanks for your emails and shared information. I enjoy hearing from you and communicating thoughts through the week. I was a bit slow responding back this week so please accept my apology.
This coming week another new guest contributor will provide her opening article for your
reading pleasure. Please welcome Gypsy Trailblazer to our Patriot family. She will provide articles on Preparedness that focuses a lot on animals. As her time permits she will also provide short weekly "Tidbits" of information.
With that said... the world awaits us...let's get moving....
(Reader advisory - This site, the author/owner and the contents of this site are for reading pleasure only. Hopefully you will find something of interest along the way. We are NOT responsible for your feelings, happy or sad. As always, avoid fear porn, take what you want, throw away the rest and apply to your own preparedness as you see fit. Keep one foot grounded always. Earthly speaking, the only thing we know for certain is how prepared we are. Hope to see you on the other side.)
Thoughts for the Week -
One of my personal steps in preparedness is observing, reading, monitoring, discussing, and often filing information away for possible compilation with multiple articles on the topic. A lesson I learned years ago was to take the topic and read the points and then decide the value of the story. This is where I started labeling some information as fear porn. Sometimes the topic has merit but the fear mongering by the author detracted from the point of the article. I also watch for a specific topic to gain strength from the alt-right media and then maybe or maybe not gain strength from the national media. The specific topic I want to point out, and I have included it in past news-letters, is the topic of a Civil War II (CW II). This week I have located 21 different articles on the topic and I'm sure many more exist. I haven't decide if some are joining in the drum beating off of other sites, or if these are actually sites believing the probability of it happening. But, when mainstream starts talking the same topic, doing polling, and continually beating the fear drum my alert meter changes from green to amber. Have you noticed the number of mainstream media outlets now selling survival foods? Have you ever heard the saying, true or not, "if they say it enough and continue to repeat it, it must be true"? Think about that. I like to remind myself of the famous quote by Sun Tzu - " If you know your enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." Just saying...
Anyone else watching the federal numbers? As in debt? Growth...or lack of growth? What is being shipped and not shipped internationally? And, the amount of money the feds are pumping in to the banking system nightly the past month or more? The banks are having a major liquidity problem and reports vary but the federal government is pumping between $75 billion to $120 billion dollars per night. Why at night and where is the money going? Don't get confused, this is not the plunge team pumping money in to the stock market. This is in banking. I want to watch and see if the numbers increase next week after the 3rd quarter economic report was released yesterday at 1.9 percent growth in the quarter. Now this is better than a negative rate, however it is concerning from the perspective of how many Americans are living off credit cards, the number of Americans who are delinquent on credit card payments, and the amount of money being pumped in to the banks for lending. Lastly, the Feds just lowered the interest rates for the 3rd time in 2019. Yes, things could be much worse. I'm just saying keep your eyes and ears open to what is below the surface.
Do you ever watch and wonder "what if" that was me? My family? My home or neighborhood? What would "I" do? It's like being an armchair quarterback, except not with sports and with disasters. It seems every year we watch parts of California burn up. But, it could be anyplace. Remember how I suggest to focus on the effect and not the cause? As bad as the California are, what effect would they have on you if you lived in the area? Being evacuated? Maybe losing your home and resources? Having health and breathing problems? Being able to financially evacuate and start over? What if you are at work and your family is at home when the immediate evacuation order is announced, do you have a Family Communication Plan in place? The evacuation is implemented, utilities and cell towers are down and you have no clue where your family is now located. A Family Communication Plan will identify the location your family will rally at in the event of an evacuation or Bug Out event. Are you prepared?
I don't have a date yet but sometime in November and December I will be taking part in a joint interview on WTKI AM 1450 AM and 105.3 FM radio show here in Huntsville to discuss Preparedness in today's environment. I will be interviewed along with one of our Patriot brothers here in the Huntsville area. Normally I would have declined for OPSEC reasons but I do believe spreading the word on Preparedness is part of the learning, sharing, communicating, training, and team building process. Each interview will be about one hour and it will probably be at 7 AM CST on a Saturday. If you have any desire to listen in on the Preparedness discussion you can use this link, http://www.wtkiradio.com/listenlive.html on your internet provider. I'm not sure yet if there is a podcast type set up where you can go listen at a later time. I realize many of you will be getting ready for lunch at 7 AM (wink) so if you want some preparedness discussion with your samich and chips, tune in.
Imagine, you live in a country where you are being investigated for a crime that you did or didn't commit. Every witness says you are guilty and did do what you are being investigated for. You are not allowed to call witnesses to refute or argue the point. You are guilty as charged and the recommendation is you be removed. Sounds crazy huh. Sounds like some of the third world nations I used to spend time working and witnessing these crazy things like I described. Imagine, this is now happening in America. It's not about the person being accused. It's about due process. We are protected. So we thought. I don't know about you, but for me, watching this Washington fiasco is a sad week in my lifetime. The fact that any elected official, regardless of political party, would subvert the law of the land...the U.S. Constitution, in this way for political party gain, concerns me. Like a former military brother used to say "a nation's strength and stability is only as strong as the gum holding it together."
Heads Up to anyone located in or passing through Connecticut - The state now has firearm sniffing dogs..... https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/connecticut-state-police-roll-out-firearms-sniffing-dogs/ .
Okay, let's move ahead...
Preparedness News -
1. From Bethany Hayes - https://urbansurvivalsite.com/items-stockpile-winter/ - Ho-Ho-Ho it's that time of year once again. Yes, Santa is not far behind but winter will be here first. Are you ready? If you prepare in general, preparing for winter should not take much effort. Just don't forget to convert your clothing from summer to winter.
2. From Arsenio Toldeo - Natural News - https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-10-28-are-you-prepared-for-the-next-black-death.html - You are two weeks in to your SHTF situation and your door bell rings. You go to the door and find five family members looking hungry, cold and tired. You had no warning they would show up since they live 60 miles away in another town. You've heard rumors of disease outbreaks happening. But, this is family. What is your plan? Can you turn them away or will you break and let them in your home?
3. From Bob Rodgers - Preppers Will - https://prepperswill.com/counter-sniping-tactics/ - Knowing and understanding your offensive and defensive weaponry, ranges, and what they will not only do for you, but what they will do against you, is critical.
4. From Ann Armbrecht - Numen Blog - http://www.numenfilm.com/blog/interviews-herb-industry/ - Excellent and very informative if you are wanting to learn more on herbs.
5. From Survival Life - https://survivallife.com/animal-traps-build/ - Quiet, cheap, doesn't waste ammo and one can snare multiple animals at once.
6. From Michael Snyder - The Economic Collapse - http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/global-authorities-brace-for-a-worldwide-protein-shortage-as-one-quarter-of-earths-pigs-have-been-wiped-out - This article reconfirms previous post on Hope For Survival regarding the global issue with pork supplies which could drive a protein shortage. To make matters worse we still face an ongoing African Swine Fever outbreak killing millions of pigs globally.
7. From Simon Black - Sovereign Man - For some reason the link is down so you can get the intent of the article at this link - http://woodpilereport.com/ - You will have to scroll down about 1/10 of the page for the actual article. Sorry. The discussion is on Chile and the ongoing civil strife that is ongoing. Here is another article on the same topic by Patrick J. Buchanan discussing Chile and Democracy. If you aren't up to speed on Chile you may want to check it out. Once the most stable country in Latin America, Chile now facing civil strife, death and a growing anger towards Democracy. https://buchanan.org/blog/is-democracy-a-dying-species-137638 Just a reminder to anyone wondering...we are not a Democracy