It is a great Saturday indeed. Sometimes we have to stop and give thanks to waking up. Life is a beautiful thing, right? Ms. Lucy and I thank you for your continued support and taking your valuable time to read the website and communicate directly. Thank you.
So life is back to normal now. We are back in Alabama after a two week whirlwind of miles, stops and quality time with family and friends. Ms. Lucy calculated we drove about 1,500 miles today and visited five states. It was awesome. Tiring, but worth every mile. I sorta feel like the little kid on the teeter-totter saying "do it again, do it again" as Ms. Lucy gives me the stare of insanity. Ha. Thanks for being a good sport Ms. Lucy. Stop laughing Festus.
IMPORTANT DATE - January 20, 2020. From The Virginia Citizens Defense League - https://vcdl.org/ - If you are in or near VA and want to consider participating in a peaceful rally, there will be a state rally on the steps of the VA State Capitol. The VCDL is chartering busses from different regions of the state. This is an important date that many eyes of non-Virginians will be monitoring.
This was recently posted by Daisy Luther at The Organic Prepper. https://www.theorganicprepper.com/virginia-close-gun-ranges-ammo-free-zones/ - All I can say is just when we thought we had heard the worst of what is coming to VA, another door opens and the crazy clown pops out. My fingers are crossed and prayers continue to flow for level heads to prevail. My fear is this will not end well. We are not just talking about 2nd Amendment Rights violations, we are now talking about the lively head of thousands who make a living operating shooting ranges, privately owned gun stores and ammo and gun part sales. With all of this said, I have yet to hear a squawk from the NRA. What is going to happen to the NRA Gun Range in Fairfax, VA? Will the NRA relocate in the hours of darkness? Or will it be the NRA calling donor phones all hours of the night requesting funds to fight the battle in courts? So far it is unknown. We are quickly approaching a "put up for shut up" point.
I was listening to a local radio station interview this week with a former Green Beret and DEA Agent who discussed the 2nd Amendment issue in VA. He shared how he was told the VA Gov has plans to freeze bank accounts and assets of any VA citizen refusing to turn in their firearms, then disconnect utilities and internet. Let's hope the weather stays warm.
With that said... the world awaits us...let's get moving....
(Reader advisory - This site, the author/owner and the contents of this site are for reading pleasure only. We are NOT responsible for your feelings, happy or sad, though happy is the goal. As always, avoid fear porn, take what you want, throw away the rest and apply to your own preparedness as you see fit. Keep one foot grounded always. Earthly speaking, the only thing we know for certain is how prepared we are. Hope to see you on the other side.)
Thoughts for the Week -
As I briefly covered in the last newsletter, we ventured out to visit numerous locations and Patriots over the two weeks of our vacation. I briefly mentioned stops in central TN with Festus and a crew of Patriots at the same location. I also mentioned the two Patriots I visited with in WV and another Patriot in VA. Once back to our home base in eastern TN, it was much easier to venture out and visit folks.
I took a drive down to Western NC to visit with a young Patriot who worked with me on the upcoming Preparedness 102 and 103 classes to be held at Heritage Like Skills in May 2020. It was a very nice and informative visit. I don't know about you, but, I enjoy communicating with like-minded individuals. Hours pass and so much information is shared. It is always interesting and informative when folks talk about projects they are working on and the result they wish to achieve. This particular Patriot is full speed ahead working on emergency plans and bug out bags for the children, the water well, food preps such as canning and more. Listening to folks talk about their plans and actions with excitement is great.
Later in the week, Ms. Lucy, Festus, and myself journeyed back to NC to meet up with fellow Patriots who ventured out in the rain to share a meal and discussions on preparedness. This was a great setting with good conversations in small groups discussing faith and the church, history and current events in the small group I was in. We then adjusted to a full group conversation on Hope For Survival in 2020. We then discussed preparedness, world events, equipment and planning, night vision equipment, building teams vs individual planning and survival, communication equipment, and Virginia. The rally was scheduled to last two hours and at the three hour point we continued to chat. There is never enough time. We will do this again for certain. Thanks to the fellow Patriots who took time to come spend their morning with us. We appreciate it much. We also appreciate Festus coming off the mountain to spend time with us at our home and then travel to NC to do the rally. I could sense a tenseness the further we got him from the mountain. I'm going to have to get the lad off the mountain more often. On the other hand, staying on the mountain may be the healthiest thing for all of us.
We did have time to journey by Carolina Preparedness Store and see Ms. Jan. It was great to see her for 30 minutes or so we had to chat. For those who aren't familiar with Ms Jan, she and Mr. Bill run the CPS but also sponsor and put on the annual Heritage Life Skills event annually. Great people doing great things for the preparedness community. Ms Jan shared to me that this year's HLS will offer over 80 classes. Folks, if you have not attended in the past you should consider it. It is a great three day opportunity to invest in your preparedness plans and come take some classes. More so, a great opportunity to spend time around like minded folks who can also offer a lot on the preparedness topic. You won't regret it.
Don't fall over. I'm not done yet but I figured out a way to get podcast to you. I'm still working on the actual video folder and channel. Hopefully by the end of the weekend. Enjoy
We visited Tazewell County, VA during our time off because it is where part of my family lives. I shared my thoughts on the county in last week's newsletter. I do monitor the local paper for one of the county townships so I wanted to give you the link to do the same, if you wish. If you take the time to go read articles on the Second Amendment topic, make sure to read the comments as well. Folks are pretty set in their thoughts and there is a degree of tenseness that is evident. Now, what I wonder is this. The folks I talked with on the 2nd Amendment topic seemed to know very little about what I was talking about. Folks writing the articles and commenting seem very in tune with the topic and they do not hesitate to make bold comments. Are we witnessing some of the same things that other social media sites also offers? The armchair "tuff guy or gal?" Those who talk bold yet rarely go to their mail box? Just a wonder. I do realize there's lots of movement on this topic and the Patriot side will be bussing in thousands of Patriot types to the Richmond area for the Jan 20th rally.
I was asked what my crystal ball shows on this topic. Well, my crystal ball is still foggy since I really am hesitant to make predictions. As soon as I do, either it is wrong or else my name shows up some place with a quote of me saying it. The Virginia problem has so many variables and unknowns that could go wrong for either side. I will say this. I believe there is the potential for a powder keg to detonate and many innocent citizens be wounded or killed below the inactions of the state leadership. What happens when an anti-gun/anti-second amendment infiltrates the pro-gun/pro-2nd amendment and is dressed like a Patriot type and then fires on one of the anti-gun/anti-second amendment crowds? Game on, right? There is a saying "may smarter heads prevail" but when guns are firing it is highly unlikely smarter heads will prevail. We all must realize there are a lot of angry people around us on both sides. One can simply read websites and blogs to see many folks are itching for a reason to pull the trigger.
I would like to think the VA state leadership would step out and record a press conference to state the media and external sources are blowing the subject out of text and meaning, however, the Governor of VA has failed to do so to this point. This would lead me to believe their intent is what many believe it to be. Gun confiscation. This will not end well. One must also realize, the vast majority of pro-gun confiscation support is located on the eastern coast of VA around Richmond and the DC/VA beltway areas. Think about that.
"The only stable state is the one in which all men are equal before the law" - Aristotle
I would remind our readers to remember this. While watching any of the lie boxes spewing anti-American propaganda against our President and/or military for actions taken against Iran or any other country for that matter, always remember you are seeing and getting the unofficial and unclassified version of the story. Huh? Unless inside sources leak the information or the original classification authority gives permission to release the information, then all news and media is assumption based. Proven fact, most news is wrong in its initial release and some thereafter. It is more important to get the story out, right or wrong, ahead of the competitors. But, right, wrong, truth or lie, the true colors of the anti-red, white, and blue of our Constitution is shining bright. The death of the Iranian General Soleimani was a good thing. The man was a butcher. Not just to US Forces but to the citizens of Iran, Iraq, Syria Lebanon... The media shows the citizens of Iran mourning the death of the General and it’s a sad thing, right? Can I stop laughing now? Most rogue or iron fisted regimes force their citizens to rally by the 100,000s and to appear sad and mourning the death. If they don't they are killed or beaten. There are many reasons why information and missions are classified and it's not always to keep you from knowing the truth. We protect sources. We protect time lines of missions. We protect US and friendly forces. We protect infiltration and extractions. There are certain things about a mission that should remain classified and not released in order to protect the uniformed officials doing the mission. Here is possibly a perfect example. This is a story coming out of three mid-western states involving nightly drone flights through the skies. Moving fast while strobes flash to give their locations. https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/fbi-faa-air-force-investigate-armies-unidentified-drones-appearing-over-3-states-night - Sometimes things happen here to practice for things happening another place. Just sayin...
Make America Great Again. Why are so many elected officials drawing tax payer funds for their American government positions, so anti-American? Why do so many focus on bettering the interest of other non-American nations ahead of America? Why do so many continue to get reelected? Maybe I should ask, do we have so many un-American citizens in America? Yes, elections do have consequences and the numbers are not in favor of the Patriots as each election passes. Maybe this lends more truth to comments made a while back by Trevor Loudon about how many current
That my friends is about the extent of my thoughts for the week. Just sayin... Okay, let's move ahead...
Preparedness News -
1. From James Kunstler - James Howard Kunstler - https://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation/forecast-2020-whirling-and-swirlin/ - Our country is caught in a matrix of self-destructive rackets and the common denominator is the immersive dishonesty we have given ourselves permission to practice. In ethics and daily conduct, we’re nothing like the country that came out of World War Two. What will we do when we no longer produce agriculture? Who will lead the effort to bring farming back to America? If no one sees it now, why should we believe someone will be in the White House to see it then? James provides his 2020 forecast in this article. Long but a good read.
2. From Matt Bracken - The Prepper Journal - https://www.theprepperjournal.com/2013/09/05/music-stops-americas-cities-may-explode-violence/ - This is a dated article, reposted, because it is so pertinent in the world we live today. Those who eat will live and those who do not eat....will die. This reminds me of the famous quote from Former Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger when he said "who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world." He later said "it's not a matter of what is true that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true."
3. From Samantha Biggers - Backdoor Survival - https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/exodus-from-the-city-analyzing-the-golden-horde-scenario/ - This is a lot of what we have been trying to convey over the years. A good example of someone else telling you the same thing. Are you listening?
4. From Ashley Cowie - Ancient Origins - https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/elderberry-remedy-0013075 - Ms. Lucy and I use elderberry and we have for several years. Good stuff. Taste great. Easy to make your own or you can buy a lot of the different types of elderberry products on the open market.
5. From Steven Malanga - City-Journal - https://www.city-journal.org/banning-dollar-stores - Unhealthy diet? Maybe and maybe not. But, what is the answer for the citizens who can't afford much else than to shop at a Dollar Tree, Dollar Store, or Dollar General? And by the way, in case you haven't figured it out, these are great stores to buy some of your preparedness items at a cheap price.
Other worthy news from the week ...
1. From Jacob Hornberger - The Future of Freedom Foundation - https://www.fff.org/explore-freedom/article/a-limited-government-republic-versus-a-national-security-state/ - Excellent read. If you wonder how we got from the Constitutional Convention, Articles of Confederation, to the Pentagon, CIA and Military Industrial complex, this is a great read.
2. From Patrick J. Buchanan - PJB Official Website - https://buchanan.org/blog/our-real-
existential-crisis-extinction-137964 - I started reading Pat's books back in the 1980s. Never a political fan enough to vote for him, but I appreciated his wisdom and what he put forth in his books. I can remember him talking about the demise of the United States of America 30 years ago. Yet, folks are so caught up in their x-box, Face Book, Twitter and their Tinder for Farmers dating app. Think about all the different political and social movements over the past 20 years attacking the lifestyle we group up with. Boy meets girl, gets married, they get a house, picket fence, cat and dog, then kids come along. Well, think how untold the same story is today. Couples can't have kids the old way because, well, you know. Male/female couples, relationships, marriages, and families blew away with Ed McMahon and the sweepstakes lottery. What one chooses to do is not my business, however, when I peek through my closed window shudders I see the a lot of the nation's foundation eroding or gone.
3. From Brandon Smith - Alt-Market - http://www.alt-market.com/index.php/articles/4049-how-long-will-it-take-for-the-us-to-collapse - Another excellent article from Brandon. If you like free entertainment read the comments section. All I need to go with it is some Three Dog Night and the Show Must Go On.
4. From Tyler Durden - Zero Hedge - https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/new-york-times-reveals-americas-weapons-makers-drive-trump-impeachment - The truth to this point remains uncertain but the point made in this article, if true, is solid. At least someone is looking out for the tax payers money.
5. From Jim Satney - Prep for That - https://prepforthat.com/kentucky-gun-sanctuary-counties/ - As we discussed in previous Patriot Express News Letters, state by state, county by county, more division is taking place.
6. From Tyler Durden - Zero Hedge - https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/its-open-season-criminals-atlanta-police-stop-chasing-criminals - How interesting. Let's just announce our intent to no longer chase criminals. Maybe they should use drones instead? Wait, that was another story wasn't it. A zero chasse policy was issued by the Atlanta police chief, Erika Shields. Bottom line, she said "the risk to the safety of the officers and the public for each chase", and "knowing that the judicial system is largely unresponsive to the actions of the defendants." Is this a slap back to the local judicial system?
7. From Tyler Durden via Federic Pieraccini via The Strategic Culture Foundation - https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/deeper-story-behind-assassination-soleimani - If accurate, this story could be a real game changer and major blow to the current administration, both globally and nationally. If you have followed the Patriot Express News Letter over the months, you will recall previous information I have offered regarding the Chinese Silk Road efforts globally as well as the importance of the Petro Dollar. The move to squish the US of A by removing the dollar as the global currency and also do away with the Petro Dollar would bring the United States to her knees, quickly.
Okay, let's close this thing out and get moving on this day. Thanks for stopping by and taking in some news.
Please continue to pray for our country, our leaders, and our fellow Patriots. We have folks in need of uplifting, heeling, blessings, and strength. One of our Patriot sisters underwent surgery this week that will require a lot of physical therapy and mending. This impacts her and her Patriot husband. We also have Patriots who are terminal with illnesses that could use our prayers and uplifting. Lastly, please keep our troops and first responders in your prayers. As we know, the world is a crazy place and they are our first line of defense. Thanks for your prayers to all.
Keep charging and have a great weekend.
Bravo Echo Out