Greetings and welcome to the Patriot Express Newsletter Edition #213. Here we are. Another week has passed, and more crazy stuff is piling on to our already full plate. How we handle it is critical to our focus and staying grounded.
I personally believe the craziest thing I heard this week was the current administrations further move towards equality by planning to charge responsible citizens with credit scores above 680 a higher interest rate when applying for a new mortgage. Nonsense. Right? Actually truth. The plan is to take the extra funds from the higher rates to pay on loans of those with poorer credit scores who can't afford a mortgage. Over the years a new preparer would ask me "what is the most important first step and I would offer or suggest getting out of debt as fast as possible. The point being, control your destiny vs being controlled by government and big corporations. Do you understand why now? This is only one of numerous examples.
Are you noticing the strange weather patterns hitting many regions this past week? It has been a continuous flow of high winds at my location. I think my American flag has been standing straight out fully unraveled the past five days. The good news is my green beans, squash of all types, onions, sweet potatoes, cabbage, lettuce, watermelon plants, turnips and radishes, are all above ground and growing. I'm still having to monitor the night temps as we are still getting down around 40 ish. What are you growing in your garden, planters, green houses..... You are putting forth the effort to grow food aren't you?
Thank you for your support to HFS weekly and your time to read the PENL.
Let us move along....
Communications: You can now follow HFS social media on the following outlets:
Facebook – Hope for Survival -Join us for daily posts on preparedness.
YouTube Channel – Hope for Survival
MeWe: - //mewe.com/p/hopeforsurvival2
Odysee - Hope for Survival (odysee.com)
HFS Thursday Zoom Session - HFS Zoom session #109 was conducted with discussions on the current banking situation, ongoing changing weather patterns and more. Thanks to everyone who attended the session.
Check out HFS YouTube. - The newest video is on using galvanized raised bed garden frames as suggested by a Patriot sister from TN a few weeks ago. I purchased a few of them and share it with you in this video.
If you have not, please consider subscribing to the HFS YouTube channel by hitting like and then subscribe. Connect and give me a shout. Again, hit subscribe and share with family and friends.
Upcoming Training Opportunities -
Free Herbalism Training (Virtual) with Heidi Villegas - Five BEST Herbs for Your Home Apothecary! - Wednesday, May 10 2023, 10:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
- Old School Survival Boot Camp - Vinton County, OH - May 12-14, 2023 - Survival and Homesteading Skills for the Modern World - go to www.oldschoolsurvivalbootcamp.com
Classes run from 9 AM to 5 PM daily. Group discounts available. Old School Survival Boot Camp is a 3 day hands-on self-reliance event. This is not a sit and listen and take notes kind of event. You will be an active participant in the classes and receive skill building hands=on training.
- Heritage Life Skills - Lite - July 21-23, 2023 - Haywood Community College - Hope for Survival will be teaming with Carolina Readiness Supply (CRS) to put this event together and offer some mid-summer preparedness training in Clyde, NC. Tickets are on sale at the following link. Heritage Life Skills 2023 Event – Carolina Readiness or call 828-456-5310
Guest speakers: 7 pm each evening
- Friday evening - Dr Dan Gentry, Medical Pearls
- Saturday evening will offer two guest speakers: Stephen Cantrell - Nuclear Preparedness and William Forstchen - One Second After
The Heritage Life Skills-Lite 2023 class schedule will be available soon.
- Project Appleseed - Project Appleseed | Project Appleseed (appleseedinfo.org) - This is a great program and opportunity to learn and spend time with a loved one, especially children. The link offers viewing for which states offering the Appleseed program. (Thanks Festus, for this submission)
Guest and Newcomers
If you are a guest or newcomer to the HFS journey, please check out this link for additional.
information offered through HFS. https://www.hopeforsurvival.com/post/guest-and-newcomers-information-page
Hope for Survival books and HFS Thumb Drive for Emergency Documents -: You can obtain information on the two HFS books at this link: Survival, Preparedness, Disaster Management for individuals or family (hopeforsurvival.com)
Hope for Survival - How Food, Water, Shelter, and Security Could Save Your Life (Book 1)
Hope for Survival - The Mindset (Book 2)
HFS Thumb Drive for Emergency Documents - We just restocked the HFS Thumb drive and have them available now. Follow this link and you will see the add at the top of the page. Blog | Survival (hopeforsurvival.com)
We must make this brief public announcement to protect the innocent.
Ding, Ding, Ding....Attention HFS readers..... Opinions shared in this newsletter are just that, opinions, and nothing more. Read at your own risk. The owner and author of this site is not responsible for hurt feelings or thin-skinned readers. I do my best to show restraint and respect to the best extent possible. I take as many precautions as possible and try to remain as nonpolitical as possible, however, there are times when I just can't help but point certain things out. Occasionally I use words only Patriots recognize and understand. It's not personal against any non-Patriot. It's just the truth. Sometimes we must pull up our spenders and suck it up. Just saying. Stay the course, read what you want, and avoid the rest. Avoid fear porn as much as possible and the day will be okay. When all else fails… Keep the faith and always have Hope.
Let’s move along and get to some thoughts...
Thoughts for the week
What is the truth today - In recent months, weeks, days, and hours, do you hear something or things that makes you shake your head in wonderment? Are these times happening more frequently for you? I realize most of the media is programmed to deliver specific messages as directed by the federal level entities. Old news. I'm starting to hear the radio voice from the 1980s hit movie Red Dawn starring Patrick Swayze, saying "the chair is against the wall."
I was cruising through YouTube pulling up unknown host to listen while working on another project requiring my attention. It appeared the host and guest had recorded several podcasts together discussing how history we had been taught years ago is likely wrong regarding the pyramids, how they got built, and the period of their building. It seems more and more past history is being questioned or proven wrong or untrue. It may seem impossible, or we could ask the question why, but aren't we living through the same thing today? That being, past history we it was taught or learned is being changed and rewritten.
A while back it was discovered public schools changing history books to say former President Ronald Reagan had nothing to do with the Berlin Wall coming down. I'm certain there will be no discussion on Muammar Muhammad Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi otherwise known as Colonel Gaddafi trying desperately to schedule peace talks with the West before the attack on Libya and his death. What will history say about Iraq and the supposed weapons of mass destruction? Will truth be told or will the script be tainted to reflect a chosen story vs the truth?
What about all the Antifa and BLM events over the past ten years and the surge to dismantle and remove historical monuments and statues around the eastern and southeastern US states. Who was behind it and why? Remember, if the government doesn't support it, it is not going to happen....and it did. What about the removal of the Ten Commandments being removed from all the federal buildings? Many will say they don't care because it doesn't impact their daily life. Really?
Is it possible the new agenda driving all these actions in the United States is part of the agenda of suppressing a specific race? Public school programs allowing the suppression of children's voices unless it fits the overarching agenda. White privilege was out in force and many white teens across our nation joined in to voice their guilt to their parents and authorities. Spoiled basement dwellers living free off their parents backs now accusing the same parents of spoiling them. Get that? These same programmed individuals will take to the street when told to do so. Elementary aged kids being pulled from classes without parents' permission to go learn how to protest peacefully. Didn't the current President and Vice President both comment that parent's don't own their children?
The 1st and 2nd Amendments of our Constitution gives us specific rights as citizens of our country. Without steps taken legally by our government to change the constitution, the rights are in place and must be protected and honored by elected officials sworn in by oath to protect same. Like it or not. If your yard man mows down your rose bushes you fire him, right? If the milkman leaves our milk and eggs out to spoil you call his boss, right? If the paperboy continually fails to deliver your paper you call the paper company. One would think or believe, ignoring or abusing citizens' rights protected under the constitution is a greater broken trust than your roses, milk, or newspaper. Aside from debating abuses across the table at your local Hardees or church parking lot, why are the 1st and 2nd Amendment, law abiding, tax paying, citizens so quiet? Do you realize if you tell the truth, are now a disinformation criminal. The laws created post 911 such as the Patriot Act and more, has been turned against the American people and each of us are now targets. You can learn more on this topic following this link to a great product by Jacob Siegel at Target Magazine A Guide to Understanding the Hoax of the Century - Tablet Magazine
Parents are now caught between a buzz saw and the truth and the buzz saw is winning the battle. Parents spend very little time at the table with their children. Between day jobs, getting dinner, doing chores, and more, they may get an hour daily with their children while the system has the children all day. A parent corrects what the child is being taught and the child turns the parent in at school. Next thing the parent discovers is Child Protective Services is on their doorstep. The parent can no longer dictate the truth to the child because the system has already captured their young mind(s). I realize part of a child's disrespect of a parent is the actual parenting or lack of. But, the system is also weaking the parental position through the eyes of the child. Young children simply do NOT respect their parents. Parents are the dollar bill, the ride, the keeping up with the Joneses to not embarrass the child to their friends.
Imagine if our nation made it a mandatory class 1st - 12th grades that every child must complete a glass on gratitude that builds over the years and life of a child. Imagine a child learning to say thank you. Or a child learning to say yes ma'am and no sir, respectfully. What if a child actually learned why he/she is blessed to have parent(s) and live in America. How about a child learning to be thankful for life each day. Maybe include thankfulness for family. Without a doubt, I have probably ruffled a feather or two because when it comes to our children we consider our own to be perfect, right? Like the title of this thought states, what is the truth today.
Last week I met a young man at 29 years of age. He is African American, born in Kenya and then his family moved to the Atlanta area when he was 10. A very bright young man: alert, well read, and paying attention to words being said by both sides. He completed college and now works in computer software and programming. He also serves in the US Air Force Reserves. This young man is 100% unlike the woke culture, painted up with lots of bling and finger paints to make their mark on society. First, he told me how thankful he and his family are to be American citizens now and live in a free nation with so many chooses. One of the biggest things he stated to me that stood out over everything was his comment "why are Americans so naive and incapable of thinking on their own?" He didn't say it from a negative perspective. He made it as an observation to what is taking place in America today and our populace is allowing it to happen.
We are even witnessing much of the same in our community churches. We also see churches breaking away from their organized denomination because of direction being imposed. One denomination recently directed their pastors to preach less and sign more which meant he/she has 13 minutes maximum to deliver His word to the congregation. Some churches are refusing to speak of the world and our nation's current status and the train of immorality going over the cliff. Me and Festus have frequent conversations on this specific topic. I like to call it the Christian Buffet where folks can go through the line and pick and choose which scripture they wish to hear and to avoid the parts that hurts their feelings or impacts their daily life.
But, just like all the other facets of life and what is true or not true, even interpretation of the Bible and scripture is deciphered in many different versions. My version is right. Her version is wrong. Their version is crazy. We grasp what we decide is the truth for us. Yet today, we have someone or others deciding for us what is the truth or else they are changing what we knew as the truth to what they want the truth to be. This is even happening in churches around America. Full churches with pastors admitting they don't even believe the Bible or else admit it's just a job, yet, no one, to include the deacons, are recognizing it or calling it out. Are we so in tune with man that we lose our own understanding of scripture and fail to hear all the empty messages today? We are and have always been fairly trusting as people and society. Was our trust abused and now the truth is being revealed? Was the past the truth and now others are trying to change history with untruths? If we individually don't believe in something, then what is the purpose? Hence, the training going over the cliff.
I think back to the classic jazz hit by Flugelhorn great Chuck Mangione, Land of Make Believe.
All I know is we as individuals, more than ever before, need to get things right in our life and for our family, because I do believe we are just now seeing the commercials to what is to come (earthly speaking). For those who are still watching cartoons and fairytale stories, stay tuned because you are going to fit right into the future. Anyone who fails to see the manipulation to society and the world, weather, food, news, movies, and more, will never get it. I would offer this to you, as it is what I am trying hard to instill in my own life. Treat all with respect without sacrificing my own integrity, moral beliefs and ideology. I will work to find common ground with others without throwing my own foundation overboard. As much as we want and wish for a perfect ending to what we are living through, it is not going to happen in my judgement. I think, as a person of faith, I have to put away my anger and bitterness to the things witnessed the past 20 years and ask myself, do I want to be an apostle or assassin?
I want you to ask yourself a question. We continue to state, preach, yell, holler, and write, our disagreements to current practices taking place and what is it getting us? Have we gained any ground? Are our politicians listening? One side believes in doing it by the book and what is legal while the other side is steam rolling and laughing in the faces of those yelling "you can't do this." Do you think or believe anything is improving or changing in a direction of your morals and beliefs? How about economics and world affairs? It seems all we get is fear and rules on how to think or how we will now do things to make our government happy.
Remember, fear is a powerful tool to control the masses and drive the masses towards a chosen objective. Know the truth about information. Information and truth are the power we all will need going forward. Stay grounded and keep the faith. A government is not religion.
City by city, town by town, hospitals, schools, malls, family homes, dances, churches, and the list goes on. We can debate arming or not, reasoning with debates over causes as well. When you are in a soft target situation it won't matter except where you are and how do you go about getting to a safe zone or place. Preparation in advance can help you have a higher rate of survival and escape.
Have you noticed all the crazy stuff going on almost daily involving average citizens getting caught in the same place as a raving crazy person wishing to cause death or bodily harm to innocent people? It may be a stranger, a friend, a neighbor, a family member, or even you who gets caught in the danger zone or if you are familiar with the Left of Bang concept you are now over the bang area when you are facing the threat directly. Sadly, in many cases involving gun violence the shooter leaves markers and identifiers well in advance.
School, social media, tells friends, buys lots of guns with support from a parent who may be afraid of the child or believes little Johnny would never hurt anyone. Some already went through some level of psychological counseling to include violent drawings and/or threats against others. Doctor/patient privilege often protects the threat and then it happens and it's too late. Yea, I know, poor Johnny had a rough childhood and his babysitter abused him by taking away his pop tarts or something horrible. All the sudden we must have sympathy for little Johnny because he is a graduate of feelings university. If you don't believe this, just review the school shooting recently in Nashville, TN. My question is what about the innocent victim in the shooting or violent event? That could be you or a loved one.
Do you take for granted each day that you leave your home and return home safely? Everything that happens is on the television screen, newspaper, or internet. You may be antigun or simply rely on local law enforcement or local security of the place you are visiting to handle the crazies roaming the street. Let's say you are unarmed by choice and I'm going to ask you, what if?
- You are at church and get up during the sermon to visit the bathroom. While in the bathroom you hear multiple gun shots going off. You run to the bathroom door and open it to find multiple gunmen blocking the entrance to the sanctuary. Your wife and children are inside, and you can't be with them to help them? Remember, you are unarmed and can't do nothing about it. Have you at least discussed a plan with your family to get on the floor and hug the ground if you can't escape safely?
- You decide to take your family out for dinner and midway through the dinner a gunman rushes through the door firing off multiple shots towards pedestrians at the outside tables and then inside tables. Everyone screams and panic ensues. People are rushing to get away while falling over one another and shot victims on the floor. You are unarmed again and don't know what to do. Did you consider flipping the table over to use as a shield? Did you pre identify the route to the back door through the kitchen? What if you had chosen a table where you could face the front glass and doorway and identified the shooter before the threat entered the front door? What if you had been armed? You could possibly have saved other lives to include your own family. You are anti-gun or opted to not be armed.
- You are at a stop-n-rob getting gas and your spouse ask you to run in and grab milk to avoid going to the grocery store. While in the store you notice two men standing by your car beating on the glass when suddenly the passenger window by your wife explodes throwing glass all over your wife. Your wife is screaming as one of the men attempts to drag her from the car as she is holding on to her purse. The man punches her in the face. You are standing in shock and unsure what to do. You are unarmed and suffer from brain freeze. Your wife is being physically beaten and you are paralyzed unable to respond. Imagine if you and your wife both took gun safety classes and then firearms training classes from an experienced trainer. Most gun owners are trained and carry a firearm to protect the life of family and others. You could have responded the same way had you been trained. Instead, you froze, and your wife had to withstand the beating until local police arrived on scene. Do you still feel the same about firearms now as you did before the event? Your choice.
- It's 3 AM and you and your wife are sound to sleep. You sleep well knowing your home has a security alarm system and you live in a safe neighborhood where nothing ever happens. You are so confident that you often fall asleep leaving a garage door up for your pet to run in and out to use the bathroom, so you don't have to get up. Nothing ever happens so why worry about it, right? Heck, no one driving through your neighborhood scoping out homes would never notice the door up, right? On this night, you are wrong and some rough necks across town decide to have a little fun. They walk right into your house and start destroying your property. One of the gents who probably does not qualify for citizen of the year carried a gas can from outside and starts dumping gasoline all over your new furniture. Your wife is screaming and the more she screams the more damage they do and louder they laugh. You don't own a firearm and are unsure what to do aside from wishing your little yapper dog would suddenly blossom in to a German Sheperd and attack the men. What if you had closed the garage door, tested your home security system for functionality, and had some form of home protection? Heck, what if you even went overboard and discussed a plan with your wife and family? You decide.
- What if you or your spouse is at work having a normal day when a fired coworker goes to their car and reenters the facility with a firearm and takes everyone hostage? The employer has unarmed security contractors and a no firearms policy in the facility. What should you or your spouse do at this point? Does the employer offer an active shooter training program? With or without training, have you considered what you would do or discussed with your spouse and coworkers what to do?
I could go on and on and give you a "what if" situation for every excuse you provide as to why you shouldn't be trained and armed in the world today. It doesn't make you a bad citizen, it makes you a responsible citizen. At this point you have decided to rely on the system or another human to provide you with personal protection because you opt not to be responsible yourself. While you contemplate the statement I just made, think about how many citizens possess illegal firearms with the intent to harm innocent citizens. Changing the gun laws will not protect you any more than you take steps to protect yourself. Bad people do bad things. If not with guns, they will use another delivery method unless stopped by a system that seems to be missing its intent, or by law enforcement who is likely on scene after the fact, or an armed private citizen.
A commonality amongst active shooters in America, are almost all, if not all, using some form of prescribed psychotropic medication. You may ask why aren't all of these Indvidual's in some level of counseling? Current practice in the US is any individual prescribed one of several medicines in this category aren't always required to receive counseling. Why? When psychotropic medication is prescribed, psychiatrists typically provide a mental health diagnosis, while primary care physicians do not always do so. Since 2001 roughly 22 percent of Americans are prescribed and take one or more prescribed psychotropic drugs. That is about one in five adults taking one or more. Roughly 3% take more than one.
There should never ever be a point in any situation where an adversary can read you and predict your actions because of things they learned from your habits and trends. Learn to be a hard target in all that you do. A hard target mentally, physically, and historically. Staying safe is a personal choice. Bad people with bad intentions pick soft targets, no gun zones, and locations with weak and predictable security practices. Without a plan and the ability to protect yourself and your family you are setting yourself up to be a statistic.
I would strongly encourage you to read my book titled Hope for Survival - The Mindset to help better understand what I am making as my point above. You can purchase the book here on the website. I'm trying to help you stay safe. Remember, preparing is your insurance policy for what you prepared for. You buy life insurance policy to protect your family once you are gone. Why not build an insurance policy to keep you safe to be with your family now vs after you are gone?
Let me put it in simple form for you, statistically speaking, in most active shooter or violent events in a public place, you are going to be on your own the first minutes of the event. If you are not armed, or another brave citizen is not armed, you are going to be alone and fending for yourself the first seven to ten minutes, or longer, until help arrives. Are you willing to put your life in the hands of the unknown for this long and hope things work out in your favor? Think about it.
I would encourage you to invest time watching the following series of videos. Festus and I watched these videos probably ten years ago and recommended them to everyone over the years.
Thats all Patriots...
Preparedness News -
1. From Prep School Daily - Prep School Daily: Managing Snake Bites in a Collapsed Society - Are you certain on steps or actions to take when you or a family member suffers from a snake bite? Truthfully, the guidance is confusing. Use a snake bite kit. Don't use a snake bit kit. Do this, don't do that. Stay calm. Are you kidding? A snake just bit me and I didn't see the snake. Was it poisonous or not? So many questions. What should I do. Check out this article with some good tips.
2. From Bob Rodgers - Prepper's Will - Trauma Scenarios And How To Handle Them (prepperswill.com) - No matter how much we train, this is an area I believe we all fall short in some way.
3. From Kris Bordessa - Attainable Sustainable - Canning Salt vs. Table Salt for Food Preservation - Attainable Sustainable® (attainable-sustainable.net) - In a recent stream of chat in the HFS Signal group, this was the discussion topic. Salts. Types and when and why not to use them.
4. From Amy Allen - The Organic Prepper - What You Need to Know About Growing Potatoes (theorganicprepper.com) - Good information. I've heard recent stories of folks not being able to grow potatoes.
5. From Lind Loosli - Food Storage Moms - 10 Essential Tools Every Homesteader Should Have - Food Storage Moms - Tools, tools, and more tools. It's great to have them even if you don't need them today. Knowing how to use them is equally important.
Other News -
1. From John and Nisha Whitehead - The Rutherford Institute - The Rutherford Institute :: The War on Free Speech Is Really a War on the Right to Criticize the Government | By John & Nisha Whitehead | - As simple as it may seem, I agree with JW in his title statement. Good read. (Thanks, Festus, for this submission)
2. From Bjorn Andreas Bull-Hansen - How they plan to take your home. You will own nothing and be happy about it. Remember this quote? You need to watch this and take it to heart because it is real and the few are planning to deploy it on the many. (Thanks Festus, for this submission)
3. From Off Grid with Doug and Stacy - Many still refuse to believe or even listen to the topic of chem trails and things being sprayed over our heads daily and how it's impacting our health. Here is another great testimony on the topic.
4. It wasn't so long ago we heard cries and screams of the health risk associated with 5G broadband for technology and homes. Now, less than a couple years from that launch the government plans to roll out the start of 10G services during 2023. You can search the topic and find hundreds of articles supporting 10G needs. As always, no one is talking about the radiation risk from wireless signals. CommScope.com
5. From James Taranto and David Livkin - WSJ Opinion - Justice Samuel Alito: ‘This Made Us Targets of Assassination’ - WSJ (archive.fo) - Does this truly surprise anyone?
That's all my Patriot brothers and sisters.
Prayers - Please keep our great nation, our elected leaders, military and first responders in your thoughts and prayers. We pray for good health and wisdom. Please pray for our leadership to find answers and guidance to the problems facing our great nation. May your faith remain strong and answers to the unknown provided. God is good and may our prayers blanket and protect you and your circumstances. I pray for each, and every one of our Patriots.
The HFS family needs lots of prayers right now. We have several sisters and brothers in great need of uplifting. Prayers are needed in Central AL up to Huntsville, AL and our Patriot brother who remains with serious health issues. Prayers are still needed in northern GA, MD, KY, NC and TN. Please pray for our Patriot sister near Nashville who experienced a health set back unexpectedly. As you can see, we have numerous prayer needs and many are long term illnesses.
May we pray for all the blessings and things in life to be thankful about and continued hope for revival around the world. We must continually pray for the unsaved, our family and friends who live each day without the protection for eternal life and salvation.
As Patriots we must stay strong and never give up. Our home, community, and nation need us now more than ever. Stay focused on your local community and things that will impact you around the nation. Don't allow the events around you to create fear in your life. Build your own self-reliance and focus on faith and hope. Remember we are a blessed nation, and we must continue to be great people today and make a better tomorrow. Keep charging.
Bravo Echo Out,