What a week it has been. Market up, market down, Novid-19 continues its path of wrath, one candidate says if elected he will appoint the first black female to the U.S. Senate after he had previously asked attendees at a campaign rally for their support in his bid to the U.S. Senate, devastating tornadoes in TN, Super Tuesday, insta-preppers raiding the store shelves, and the beat goes on. We are here and blessed indeed. Do you ever wonder what it would be like to be a person with a 95% mindset? Me neither. Just kidding. Sorta.
1-31 March (Marsha) Madness HFS Donation Drive - 45% of $4,000 goal reached after the first week.
I send a huge "shout" out to thank those who donated to the HFS March Madness 31 day fundraiser to support HFS Operations. Ms. Lucy and I are very appreciative of your generosity to support what we are trying to do through the HFS website and support mechanisms. More than the monetary donations I am very humbled by your kind words sent with your donation. It is very warming to read individual accounts of how HFS has helped change mindsets and/or helped get them better prepared for understanding and obtaining resources to be self-reliant.
I apologize that I didn't include a way for folks to use snail mail to send a check. If you wish to send a check instead of a digital donation please message me and I will share the address. Thanks for your consideration.
If you have not donated to the HFS drive, please consider doing it if you wish and can.
For those that missed the earlier announcement during the week, I posted a new podcast to the HFS Video page and HFS YouTube page. It is a two part interview with a Patriot Brother, owner of American Pride Firearms and Army Veteran Dewey Weaver. We discuss weapons. Ha. Types, sizes, purposes for the different types, home invasions, proper safe management, gun care, and maintenance and an assortment of things. I will post Part II on Monday, March 10, 2020.
Time is precious so let's move ahead .......
HEALTH ALERT: The Coronavirus awareness level should remain elevated. Like I have said previously, there is no need to panic but folks should remain cautious to the news and surroundings. You should have the ability to adjust to the news if it changes. The best advice is to be prepared to implement social distancing. We now have nearly 20 states and close to 200 infected with 14 or so deaths. The global numbers are growing by the hour. I am convinced if this goes to a pandemic our nation is not ready for it UNLESS something changes very soon.
We must make this brief public announcement to protect the innocent.
NOTE: Opinions shared in this newsletter are just that, opinions and nothing more. Read at your own risk. The owner and authors of this site are not responsible for hurt feelings or thin skinned readers. We do our best to show restraint and respect to the best extent possible. We take as many precautions as possible and try to remain as nonpolitical as possible, however, there are times when I just can't help but point certain things out. Just saying. Stay the course, read what you want, and avoid the rest. Avoid fear porn as much as possible and the day will be okay.)
Thoughts for the week -
Pick a number and grab a seat...as my thoughts for this week seem to be stacked high and wide. I will spare you of most because you are probably thinking some of the same things. I'm starting to feel like a bobble head from shaking my head back and forth so much. Sometimes it is like a person walking up to me and saying "I have an important question for you. Which side of the banana should I peel first?" Really? Are you serious? Anyone who can actually says the Coronavirus is the real reason behind the stock market crash last week would be curious to the answer on the banana question above. Think about it. The news was worse on Monday, 2 Mar 20, than it was on Friday, 28 Feb 20, yet the market was way down on Feb 28 and up on 2 Mar. Maybe it goes with the "never let a emergency go to waste" mindset. The hidden story not being told is the stock market problem was looming before the virus started. The Federal Reserve started pumping $100 billion dollars in liquid injections per night back in September. Today, the world faces a $1.2 quadrillion dollar problem. That is 20 times the global GDP. Do you really think the virus caused this problem? When they say "jump," many says "how high."
For my Patriot friends in and around the Northern Alabama region, I will be doing the Preparedness series classes in late March . The Preparedness 101 (3 hour) class will be conducted on Tuesday, March 24, 2020, from 5:30 - 8:30 pm, hosted by The Madison Institute (TMI) and again on Saturday, March 28 I will do the Preparedness 102 (90 minute) and Preparedness 103 (3 hour) classes. The series is about preparing you and your family for individual, team, and community preparedness. The Preparedness 103 class is a first of its kind, as far as we know. The attendee/student will interact with other attendees/students to develop and maintain a community through a post event collapse. This will include building food, water, security and communication plans while dealing with scenario driven events to test the individual and team skills. If you are near the area and want to attend please message me. The cost is FREE!!!
One of our regular Patriot Sisters who emails often and sends lots of alternative ways to do task and make your own "stuff" while preparing sent this recipe for making your own hand sanitizer. It doesn't sound very difficult and if you grow your own aloe plants it seems like a good suitable substitute. If you try this let me know how it turns out. Thanks to our Patriot sister for sharing this. Here is the link and ingredients:www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/beat-the-empty-shelves-make-your-own-hand-sanitizer_03052020 The required ingredients are:
aloe vera, which you can grow and 91% rubbing alcohol
I was talking with a local Patriot sister in reference to the Novid-19 Coronavirus and she was sharing how a family member and boyfriend in New York returned from Mongolia recently and both employers placed them on 14 day quarantine. The family member could work from home and the boyfriend could not. Two weeks of unplanned lost wages. A third person was with them and was not told to quarantine and is back at work amongst other workers. It is unknown if the third person is infected and that is not the point. It is the fact the third person knew of the quarantine to the other two and chose to not be safe and simply disregarded the safety of everyone. This is one of the fears with this virus and how it is spreading.
As we prepare our minds and resources to create plans for natural and manmade disasters we can tend to focus on the big one. The EMP or the Pandemic. Maybe an economic collapse or all out civil war. Right? These are the attention grabbers most folks wish to talk about. Have you watched any video footage from the post-tornado events in Nashville and Cookeville Tennessee? No, it is not a global event where folks go nuts and run to the store to empty the shelves. At least it's not to us. To the folks in these areas who lost everything or most of their possessions, is there any difference to the individual impacted? It is uplifting to see the number of citizen volunteers flocking to the area to help these folks. The overhead video and imagery looks like a massive shredder went through and gobbled up people, homes, cars and trees. Total destruction. For those who survived they are thankful to be alive. Now they must move forward.
The citizen volunteers will help the cosmetic portion of this disaster but what about the psychological part that will live with these humans for a long time. They went to bed thinking about tomorrow. The kids play or sporting event. Maybe a dance recital or doctor appointment. Maybe the stress of having a bill come due and the uncertainty of how to pay it. They are awakened by tornado sirens blaring and life changed forever. Story after story being told. Homes exploding with families inside holding on to toilets. A boat was relocated inside a strangers kitchen. A young child pulled from the home and blown away. Another mother had to search through scattered rubble around her yard to find her young daughters two prosthetic legs. Folks this is real. Not an EMP or economic collapse. This is the power of nature destroying property and lives for many. This would fall under the 5 second phase of the 5 - 5 - 5 plan. If you hadn't already built a plan then it was too late.
We talk about preparedness with emphasis on the individual. The importance of the spiritual, physical and psychological aspect. The importance of preparing food, water, shelter and security. The need to consider establishing a cache to store essential items in the event you are chased from your home. You may lose all your preparedness resources from the disaster. What you have stored in your cache could become your essential resources. Establishing an emergency plan and emergency fund. The importance of building a communication plan which includes a point of contact outside the region you live. Have you built a 5-5-5- plan for your home and family? Have you practiced your emergency plan with your family members in your home? Do you have a rally point to meet and a secondary rally point to meet if you get separated? Have you established an emergency shelter within your home for your family to gather when the threat is outside the home, such as a tornado. Do you have commands and/or command words you voice loudly when your plan is implemented? Some of the Tennessee families had less than 30 seconds from siren alert to impact. Have you built a back pack or bag that contains your emergency information? Titles, deeds, banking information with updated printed copies of your financial account information, pictures, birth certificates..... Look at many of the homes in TN that are completely leveled. Think of the how much time a family can save if they have all this information consolidated and available after a disaster like the TN disaster. What we are witnessing is the impact of the cause. The devastation caused by a tornado. The many steps you take now could save your life and also help you already hold critical personal information immediately after the disaster.
Now, think about this. The TN disaster has occurred while a bigger disaster is looming in the nation. At the local level these folks in TN will start cleaning up the debris and start cleaning and throwing out damaged property in many cases. They go out to the community to buy cleaning items such as bleach, hand sanitizer, and masks, along with many other needed items. The convenience of these resources is no longer as convenient as most believe. Now what? Those who are prepared already possesses most of these items so they don't raid shelves in panic. In a perfect prepared world, folks would be prepared and resources would be available when needed. Sigh...just saying.
In a week or two when all the volunteers depart and return to their homes, the impacted families must go on trying to figure out how to put their life back together. When I hear the testimonies of the individuals impacted, I hear the hundreds of voices I hear often saying "why prepare, nothing ever happens." My response is a smile and comment saying "It never happens until it happens and then it's to late. Go ask those who survived how they may do things differently now." I say that as gentle as possible but the reality is those who plan will have better results in almost every case.
Plans, plans, plans. What is your plan?
Okay, the world awaits us, let's move ahead.
Preparedness News -
1. From JD Hayes - Natural News -https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-02-28-fear-and-outrage-rise-following-california-coronavirus-patient-not-tested-cdc.html - This certainly leads one to believe there could be another agenda in this menu of soup sandwiches. I listened to a detailed accounting of this from Mike Adams, the Health Ranger from Natural News. This is beyond acceptable.
2. From JB - Survival Blog - https://survivalblog.com/c-tue-mar-3-is/ - Worth the read and possibly to file away. If you use monthly prescriptions you may wish to lean forward now and check out pricing for your meds. This is an online pharmacy in California (don't hold that against them) with no box stores or middle men so they can price fairer.
3. From Ben Brown - Prepping Guide - https://thepreppingguide.com/barter-trade-items-postcollapse/ - This is a pretty good list to consider stockpiling for future trade or bartering. Keep in mind, we can compare ten different list and have ten different opinions. Pick and choose what is best for you and your situation.
4. From Preparedness Mama - https://preparednessmama.com/testing-your-soil-ph-without-a-kit/ - This is a good article to print and/or save for your digital library.
5. From F. William Engdahl - Alt-Market - https://www.alt-market.com/index.php/articles/4130-globalization-and-our-precarious-medical-supply-chains - I do believe this could be one of the nails in our coffin in the big scheme of things. They hold a lot of our debt. They make a lot of our medicines, resources and medical equipment...... Just imagine if they didn't like us how bad it could get?
6. From Sarah Rodriguez - Ask A Prepper - https://www.askaprepper.com/how-to-protect-your-garden-from-pests-and-diseases/ - There are few things that really gets under my skin and this is one of them. There is nothing more wrenching than to walk out to talk to your garden and find it looking like a flat tire. Bugs, worms, and critters are not my friend.
Other News -
1. From Tyler Durden - Zero Hedge - https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/gabbard-urges-trump-dont-drag-us-war-bidding-islamist-dictator-turkey - The Nation of Turkey just won't go away. I do hope President Trump listens to Tulsi Gabbard on this issue. The middle eastern fire keeps burning a bigger flame but has been overshadowed by the coronavirus and 2020 Presidential campaigning and state primaries.
2. From Great GamelIndia - GreatGameIndia - https://greatgameindia.com/coronavirus-samples-destroyed/ - The not so surprising part of the article is that China deleted previous test. The surprising part of this article is it has a SARs marker of 80%. And.....they covered it up. Oh wait, doesn't China hold a key seat at the World Health Organization for global health and well-being? Say it isn't so.
3. From Jack Baruth - Riverside Green -https://jackbaruth.com/?p=17765 - Scroll down to the "Neglect has left the minimum wage far below what the economy could afford" article. This is pretty interesting comparison between 2038 and 2018 dollar values compared to wages. Think about this. This chart says the $15 dollar wage in comparison is below poverty. Now, think about this. Uncle Bernie says he will make $15 the minimum wage...to the cheers of the youngsters...then he says and I will tax your $15 at 52% which drops you below what you did earn to around $7.25 per hour. Now take away state and local taxes. You may earn $4 per hour now. And the youth stand and cheer. We seriously lack education in this country.
4. From Tyler Durden - Zero Hedge - https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/crisis-will-spill-over-disaster-drdoom-sees-40-collapse-delusional-stock-market -- My friends, I don't know anything of this guy but this is not good. I have read his comments before but I don't know much about him. If correct, the tax paying citizens who plan for retirement are in for a rough bumpy ride in 2020.
5. From Matt Bracken - American Partisan - https://www.americanpartisan.org/2020/02/will-china-win-the-pandemic-world-war/ - I don't know if you follow Matt Bracken at American Partisan but he is one to tab to your read regular file.
6. From Matthew Ehret - Off-Guardian - https://off-guardian.org/2020/03/02/why-the-coming-economic-collapse-will-not-be-caused-by-corona-virus/ Very good article for anyone wanting a quick history of the US financial market over the past 75 years.
7. From John Whitehead - The Rutherford Institute - https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/the_looming_financial_nightmare_so_much_for_living_the_american_dream - One can't pass up another good JR article. Excellent writing and perspective from a conservative view.
8. From Advancing Times - http://brucewilds.blogspot.com/2020/03/next-economic-downturn-may-last-forever.html - A broken system set up by those making the laws and making decisions. Why do we expect these same people to fix what has padded their pockets and left us holding the bag. Looking across the horizon for a fix makes me feel like Gilligan once felt on Gilligan's Island. Skipper, there is no rescue in site.
9. From Prof Anthony Hall - American Herald Tribune - https://ahtribune.com/world/3930-who-or-what-started-the-wuhan-coronavirus.html - This is an extremely long article but worth the time if you want to dig in to the origination of the Covid 19 - Coronavirus. This is very in depth and covers multiple possibilities and conspiracy theories in different directions to who could have been responsible for the origination of the bioweapon. Grab something to drink, walk the dog, and grab a bagel...this is like reading a conspiracy novel, except it is the world we live in.
10. From Brandon Smith - Alt - Market -https://www.alt-market.com/index.php/articles/4133-how-the-pandemic-crisis-will-probably-develop-over-the-next-year- A big thanks to Festus for sending this my way. Like always, BS offers excellent insite.
That's all my Patriot brothers and sisters.
Thank you for your time to read the PENL. I hope you found something to help you in some way. We don't take your time for granted. Keep your feet and minds grounded as the world continues towards an unknown destination. Keep the faith and continue doing great things for yourself and others. Keep the emails flowing. Bring new friends and help spread the word on Preparedness. I appreciate your sharing the great things you are doing with your plans and progress forward. Keep chugging ahead. Remember to find someone who is down and out and do something to give them HOPE.
Hope - Where there is hope, there is faith. Where there is faith, miracles happen.
Please keep our great nation, our elected leaders, military and first responders in your thoughts and prayers. I know several of our readers would appreciate you adding them to your prayer list as health and worldly struggles remain. We should also pray for the citizens and world leaders around the world infected and making decisions with Coronavirus. Please include the families in TN who lost family members during this week's tornadoes. We have one of our Patriot sisters and her family in our prayers as her husband passed away this week after a long health battle. Please keep Ms. Lucy and our two daughters in your prayers as they will be away from their homes for the next week. And lastly, please keep me in your prayers over the next week as I will be hitting the road heading east with multiple stops until I reach Charleston, WV to speak Preparedness on Saturday and Sunday, 14/15 March and then return to Bama. I pray for each and every one of our Patriots. May we all be protected from the growing evils surrounding and attacking our families daily. Amen. Thank you.
Keep charging and have a safe week.
Bravo Echo Out,