Carrot Ginger Bisque - Tess Pennington - Ready Nutrition.com
The creamy texture of this soup is so filling and the warming spices of ginger, cumin and curry will warm you up even on the coldest of days.
Carrot Ginger Bisque Ingredients:
*1/4 c. butter
*1 large onion, chopped
*4 c. vegetable stock
*1 c. coconut milk
*1 c. cashews *3 garlic cloves
*1 1/2 knobs of ginger, finely grated
*2 1/2 tsp. cumin
*1 tsp. curry
* 1 1/2 lb. carrots, chopped
*Dash of cayenne
Sour cream Instructions:
1. In a stock pot, melt butter and saute onions and garlic until soft.
2. .Add grated ginger and spices and stir well.
3. Next, add carrots and vegetable stock and cook until carrots have softened. This will take about 20 minutes.
4. Add coconut milk and cashews and cook 10 more minutes.
5. Allow soup to cool slightly and add to a food processor.
6. Process mixture until smooth.
7. Optional: top with sour cream and serve warm.
*Hint - if soup is too thick, add more vegetable stock to get the desired consistency.
Bravo Echo Out