It's that time of year once again....... No, not to get your annual run for the exit because the title of this article has DONATE in the description. Just kidding
Can I get a minute of your time to share why HFS does the annual donation drive and needs your support? First, let me say a huge thank you to everyone who provided donations for 2021 and helped to support us with a onetime donation or a monthly donation. Thank you and blessings to you.
We are conducting the 3rd Annual Hope for Survival Donation Drive to help offset operational cost. Funds raised helps cover the cost to keep the HFS website operational as well as it is paying the fees for upgraded email, licensing fees for software, editing software, zoom fee to use the room and capabilities, website space rental and upgrade cost for extra storage space. As needed the funds also provides the resources to replace a worn-out computer system as needed. This is just a portion of the cost being covered to keep everything operational and available to support you daily.
You may ask "why do an annual donation drive?" Historically, I have conferred with a few close friends for opinions on ways to go forward and offset some of the cost to continue HFS without impacting the flow of operations, or impacting the availability of information to ANYONE who wishes to visit the site and/or gain information, I have decided to continue the annual 31 day donation drive for those who can donate and would like to contribute to offset upcoming renewals and subscriptions that keeps the website functioning. HFS decided a few years ago to not use advertisements for promotions to avoid possible conflicts and issues of control from the outside. It also allows HFS to control information and narratives to protect the information of HFS subscribers and users. Through three years we have used one promotion for 90 days to help get HFS preparers satellite phones to build upon multiple communication platforms.
As with many things, some folks can pay for a subscription, and some can't which leaves them not having access to information they would like to use. The purpose of our HFS website is to be available to everyone. Regardless of your decision or ability to contribute, the HFS team thanks each of you for your friendship and support in all facets of Hope for Survival. For me, it's not just a website, it's a place where I get to meet and spend time with Patriot's who are like minded and we develop a lifetime friendship and priceless bond while helping each other and others get better prepared.
As most of you may know, all proceeds from HFS book sales goes to charity to help feed those in need. Also, any and all proceeds paid or donated for conducting training classes and vulnerability assessments gets recycled back in to the HFS coffer to offset costs for me to continue conducting site visits to meet and support HFS preparers, and now groups. The funds pay for gas. food, and lodging when needed. You may visit, read, and go about your week without little thought to what really goes into a simple website, a newsletter, putting together weekly zoom, traveling to set up groups and the items behind the scenes, and that is okay.
So let us look behind the scenes for a minute to give you a brief capture of some of the things we do to get a product to you or a visit to your location.
After 152 straight weeks of the Patriot Express Newsletter something occurred to me. Think about this. The average number of words in a basic book is about 80,000 words. Each Patriot Express Newsletter is about 40,000 per week. Per average, that is like writing two books per month just for the PENL. If it wasn't so fun, I would call it insanity.
I would also like to share what HFS accomplished for fellow Patriots and community groups in 2021. Think about this, all on donated time. We aren't doing this for any reason other than to better prepare our fellow Patriots and their families and communities to be self-reliant.
- Added roughly 125 new members
- Prayed together, spent hours together, grew together, and bonded together
- Stood up 15 HFS Teams/Nodes/Tribes (TN, NC, KY, GA, and AL)
- Sold roughly 200 copies of Book 1 and 180 Copies of Book 2
- Donated over $2,000 from book sales to help feed hungry families in need of support
- Two HFS rallies in Waynesville, NC
- Two HFS rallies in Huntsville, AL
- Taught Preparedness at the Monticello, KY 2nd Annual Preparedness Day
- Taught at Heritage Life Skills 2021 (9 sessions over three days)
- Traveled to Waynesville, NC; Black Mountain, NC, Asheville, NC, Fairview, NC, Roxboro, NC, Franklin, NC, Monticello, KY, Crossville, TN, Ocoee, TN, Shelbyville, TN, Clarksville/Nashville, TN, Clayton, GA, Roanoke, VA, Joppa, AL, Huntsville, AL, Sellers, S.C., Roanoke, VA, Charleston, WV, Lewisburg, WV and Princeton, WV, to do training, speak at events, or conduct risk assessments.
- Guest podcast appearances on The Burning Earth (Sara Hathaway), Prepper Broadcast Network (James Walton), Survival Prepper Show (Dale and Duff), The Christopher Scott Show, and All-American Podcast (Paul Seawright)
- Conducted 42 HFS Zoom Calls
- Recorded 21 YouTube videos
- Posted numerous posts to Odysee, MeWe, Parler, and Facebook HFS pages weekly
- Posted 52 Patriot Express Newsletters (equal to 26 books of 100,000 words per book)
- Wrote a book and published same
- Regular readers in about 40 states and three countries outside the US of A that I also communicate with via email.
I can't give you exact figures on donated time because it's not something I track for myself or Festus. Roughly, I donate about 150 hours per month, and about 2000 hours per year just keeping the website running, putting the PENL together weekly, putting Zoom together, and research time for all of these products. Some of the sites we use to get current information and news charges fees or else they operate on donations. HFS donates funds to support these sites. It wouldn't be right for me to use their site for information and not support them yet ask you all for donations to keep HFS operational. Festus also provides hours of his personal time as well to help support HFS with daily/weekly information that ends up with you through the PENL and weekly Zoom. Most importantly I must also mention the hours Ms. Lucy doesn't see me while I work HFS items almost daily. She has been understanding through the first three years. She calls herself a website widow.
To all the HFS followers and supporters, we are greatly appreciative for your continued time, support, and for helping spread the word of what we are trying to do to help others be better prepared. Thank you.
To make a donation, please go to the donate tab at the top of the blog page or go to the main page and click the yellow Donate tab. Click on same and follow the steps to donate. Again, all donations will be used strictly for the operations of Hope for Survival. Anyone wishing to donate by check using snail mail can send me a private message and I will provide the mailing address. If you would prefer to set up a monthly donation that would be great as well. If you would like to donate a monthly prayer to support HFS, your prayer contribution would be greatly appreciated.
Donation or not, each and every one of you are awesome Patriots. Keep charging forward.
Thanks for your time and consideration, your support is greatly appreciated.
Many blessings to all,