Happy Saturday everyone.
Did everyone find a great bargain on preparedness equipment and gear on Black Friday? It was a great week and I hope the same was the case for each of you. Great time with family and blessed to have the time together. Thankful everyone who traveled made it home okay.
Ms. Lucy and I thank you for your continued support and taking your valuable time to read the website and communicate directly. Thank you.
It was great to meet some new folks (digitally) and hear their preparedness story. Seems some preparedness minded folks in Virginia are starting to get restless and giving consideration to leaving the state.
A few weeks ago I shared that I had been invited to take part in a local radio station morning
show to discuss preparedness along with one of our Patriot brothers here in the area. The show will not be on a Saturday morning but will be on Wednesday, December 11th at 7 AM CST. I will share the link with you if you have any desire to tune in via the internet. However, the radio station will also share the MP3/4 file with me and I can post on the website shortly after the show. https://www.wtkiradio.com/listenlive.html
Thanks to those purchasing copies of my book, Hope For Survival, How Food, Water, Shelter, and Security Could Save Your Life, to be used as Christmas gifts for family and friends. We appreciate your support. As always, all proceeds above print cost is donated to two specific charities to support those in need of help. We can guarantee delivery of the book to you by Christmas if ordered NLT December18th. The fastest way to purchase the book is through the website.
Recommended Buy: Jones Stephens J40-005 Four Way Key, 2-Pak - $9.52. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=water+main+shutoff+tool&crid=54UYIIJCULM9&sprefix=water+main+%2Cstripbooks%2C147&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_11 This is a very inexpensive tool that could come in handy around your home or when bugging out or your bug out location. You can buy different sizes and versions of this tool. You can buy them with long extensions as well so you don't have to bend over to reach the water shut off valve. This specific one will easily fit in your glove box or bug out bag.
With that said... the world awaits us...let's get moving....
(Reader advisory - This site, the author/owner and the contents of this site are for reading pleasure only. We are NOT responsible for your feelings, happy or sad. As always, avoid fear porn, take what you want, throw away the rest and apply to your own preparedness as you see fit. Keep one foot grounded always. Earthly speaking, the only thing we know for certain is how prepared we are. Hope to see you on the other side.)
Thoughts for the Week -
Is anyone else following the recent political landscape changes in the great state of Virginia? I guess I should ask, why should you if you don't live in the state. Fair answer. When I first retired from the military in 2003, I moved to Western VA for a year to help take care of my father who was going through chemo treatments for cancer, post-surgery. After one year, I moved to Eastern VA to work for a defense contractor just outside the Washington DC beltway. Ugh. I spent a total of three years in VA and that was enough. Don't get me wrong, VA is a beautiful state. It was the taxes. Federal, State, County, City, Vehicles, and Property. Did I miss one? On top of that, VA didn't offer any tax breaks on military retirement like many other states. I took the first opportunity to leave VA and relocated to Northern Alabama. So now, why do I care what happens in VA. I have family members living in VA today and they don't mind paying the taxes and no one has complained yet of the transitioning politics or laws. I guess not since 99% of my family are registered Democrats and they are non-hunters and non-owners of firearms.
I'm monitoring current politics and new laws in the state of VA because VA could lead the way for other states around our great nation to legislate against our 2nd Amendment rights. The Virginia State Senate Bill No. 64 proposes to prosecute "paramilitary activity", meaning any assembly for training or practicing with a firearm, other lethal device or technique with intent of enabling "civil disorder". An "assembly" is specified as two or more persons. Intent is not defined so we can assume it means the accused must produce "proof of innocence" or stand convicted." Let me break this down for you. Let's say you have a team of folks who are in to preparedness and you gather three or more individuals out in the country to burn off some ammo by target shooting. Most, if not everyone, arrives dressed in some type of camo style clothing. For that matter they could be dressed in jeans and olive green military style coats or just kaki coats. The initial assumption is military or militia mindset. The point is they are gathered as a group and they have firearms. What about professional business locations like firing ranges and tactical shooting schools? Now, read above. "Any assembly for training for practicing with a firearm or other lethal devices or technique with intent of enabling civil disorder." There's a lot of gray space here that could lead to assumptions by law enforcement and the authorities.
My concern is how many states will watch and then take all or parts of Virginia's plug and play law to use in their own state. This law forbids the gathering of armed individuals. The 2nd Amendment states "a well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." In order to regulate a militia the group must gather, organize, rally, and train. This is now forbidden in the state of VA. Will this go to the Supreme Court for ruling on the meaning of the 2nd Amendment? It is sad to think that a majority in the urban strongholds of a state can vote and change the way of life for the many citizens occupying probably 90% of the land in the state which is the suburbs and rural areas. Now, apply Agenda 21 and Agenda 2030 to this and the rural and suburbia locations will be forced off their land to urban areas. If you are restricted on firearm ownership, restricted on the ability to grow food on your property, and food is then controlled by the state, how much are you willing to give up to obtain food to feed your family?
The pieces are being established and placed in the ready position for future use. I would encourage you to familiarize yourself with the Patriot Act, the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), and Agenda 21/2030. Remember a few years ago when a former attorney general categorized Christian conservative, veterans as a right wing domestic terrorist under the NDAA? There's more on this topic below under Other Worthy News.
Think about this. Consider what you just read above and another 2017 bill that granted Antifa 501(c))3) status, like most churches in America, meaning contributors can deduct donations to an armed communist terror outfit from their income tax. By decree of the IRS, Antifa is a non-profit, non-political organization. By the way, guess who was the Patron of the bill? We have a winner. Yes, VA State Senator L. Louise Lucas who has served in as a Democrat in the VA State government since 1991.
I think back to a famous quote by Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger who said "Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control who continents; who controls money can control the world."
On a side note, isn't it interesting when laws like this surface, firearm purchases sky rocket and background checks are equal in volume? Black Friday Background Checks for 2019 ranked the 2nd highest in history where a total of 202,465 checks took place in 24 hours. More interesting is the fact we are approaching the single year record from 2016 of 27.5 million background checks. Think people are paying attention?
Did anyone else notice the lack of news coverage in the media on the Anniversary of the President John F. Kennedy assassination? I remember a time in my life that the name Kennedy was the Democratic Party. Imagine, today, the former President would be considered a Conservative most likely.
I don't post comments very often on social media but I do read many of them because understanding thoughts and trends is important as part of the intelligence factor in preparedness. The psychological aspect. When reading hundreds of articles per week, one important part is to read comments by the readers. This will often give you a flavor of what people are thinking. Does the comments posted prove the reader grasp the intent of the article? Does the comments made by the reader seem balanced or irrational? I do believe many are armchair complainers and wouldn't walk past their mailbox to defend our great nation, but they do have opinions that must be included. Just like on Social Media, it is important to read comments from both political persuasions. A mindset that still baffles me is how many individuals complain constantly about the ruling class. They hate the rich and want their political party to stick it to the wealthy to force them to pay more. Everything seems to be the fault of the rich. However, these same folks repeatedly vote and elect very wealthy individuals who get even wealthier once in office. These same complainers live freely, get checks monthly, spend without thought or consideration of saving for a rainy day. But, they blame their woes on a political class because they have been taught they are rich and rob from the poor. They fail to realize regardless of ruling political party, the national debt goes up at an out of control pace that will never be balanced or paid off. They can raise or lower taxes and the bottom line never changes. If a person repeatedly touches the fire and is burned, why continue touching the fire? We can put the fire out and the person will still go to the fire to touch it. A conditioned society will never change and the blame will always be on someone else. They never seem phased or bothered by the ruling wealthy who want to control the less than wealthy through political power and persuasion. We currently have a President working for free and he is hated and labeled a thief. We have had other Presidents take their pay and raise taxes on the citizens, increase interest rates on home and auto loans, increase fuel taxes and other taxes and yet, they are labeled the best President since the invention of sliced bread. I suppose the reality is pretty simple. They believe they are owed the world yet in reality they are owed nothing.
How important is it for the brain to receive the proper level of oxygen? When the brain doesn't receive at least 25% of the oxygen intake one can suffer from cerebral hypoxia. I read comments made by new Dem Presidential candidate Bloomberg and had to wonder if maybe some issues existed with the oxygen intake level. If you believe these elitist can relate to the average citizen, hear his and others words loud and clear. Bloomberg recently said "Some people say, well, taxes are regressive. But in this case, yes they are. That's the good thing about them because the problem is in people that don't have a lot of money. And so, higher taxes should have a bigger impact on their behavior and how they deal with themselves. So, I listen to people saying 'oh we don't want to tax the poor.' Well, we want the poor to live longer so that they can get an education and enjoy life. And that's why you do want to do exactly what a lot of people say you don't want to do." Let that sink in.
Close your eyes and play along for a minute. We are going to imagine three different situations as they would apply to your child attending middle school.
Case 1 - You are notified your child, around 13 years of age, took a firearm to school in their backpack. The gun was located and the child was detained and removed from the school. Punishment equaled a misdemeanor.
Case 2 - You are notified your child, around 13 years of age, took a firearm to school in their back pack. The gun was located and the child was detained and removed from the school. Punishment equaled a misdemeanor.
Case 3 - You are notified you child, female, around 13 years of age, did not take a firearm to school. The young girl was asked, theoretically, if she could kill any five people in the room, whom she would pick. The 13-year-old girl then pointed to four fellow students and herself, using her hand to mimic a “finger gun.” She was subsequently sent to the principal’s office, where the school resource officer recommended that she be arrested. With the principal’s approval, the school resource officer then took the girl outside, handcuffed and arrested her, transported her to a juvenile detention center, and charged her with a felony and criminally prosecuted.
So, Case 1 and 2 included a physical firearm and resulted in a misdemeanor. Case 3 included a finger gun and the child was treated like a criminal and charged with a crime that will stay with her for life most likely.
By the way, all three cases took place in the same school in Overland Park Kansas. And Cases 1 and 2 happened about 30 days before Case 3. Now, think about it. How would you handle the situation if your child was Case 3?
Folks, this was not Baltimore or Chicago. Kansas? This is like the same state which claims to have the world's biggest ball of twine. That would be Cawker City, Kansas by the way. If you would like to read the actual story posted by John Rutherford from the Rutherford Institute you can follow this link - https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/on_the_front_lines/overkill_13_year_old_student_handcuffed_arrested_charged_with_felony_criminally_prosecuted_for_pointing_imaginary_finger_gun_at_classmates
If you read the cases and results you didn't close your eyes as requested in the beginning. (Wink)
Being a preparedness minded person, my brain is always spinning and often asking the "what if" questions in many scenarios through the day. Historically, traveling from Bama to East TN and back on Thanksgiving eve or the Sunday post-Thanksgiving, traffic is five levels beyond terrible. So, I decided to leave our home in TN early to hopefully get back to Bama fairly early Sunday evening. NOT. Normally the drive is four hours. Not on this day, it was eight hours and ten minutes to travel 240 miles. But, I had lots of time to ask the "what if" questions. If the situation had finally arrived where the SHTF, how long would I stay with the highway and vehicle before going to plan B or C which would be to get away from the people and highway? Though delayed and painful, I would still arrive several days before I could if I diverted to walking the route. Would I simply monitor the situation for individuals starting to exit their vehicles causing blocked traffic to be worse? At what point would I decide to leave my vehicle to avoid highway violence? As the sun dropped behind the western mountains around Chattanooga, would I stay in my vehicle even if it was harder to see what was taking place on the highway and stopped traffic? What if I had to sleep? Stay or get out and go? So many questions to think about. My question to you is this. If you had been out on the highway in this situation, would you have had a prepacked bug-out-bag with all your needed survival gear? I hope so. If not, think about it and consider building your bag.
That my friends is about all I had to think about for the week. Just sayin...
Okay, let's move ahead...
Preparedness News -
1. From Denis Korn - Learn to Prepare - http://learntoprepare.com/2019/09/a-comprehensive-guide-to-long-term-food-reliance-updated/ - This article offers some excellent advice on your food preparedness. Things to consider when you start building your plan. Quality vs quantity.
2. From John Ramey - The Prepared - https://theprepared.com/prepping-basics/guides/survival-disaster-prepper-myths/ - This is older but has some interesting myth buster data. Worth the time to read and weigh against your current beliefs on "what to do" steps or measures to stop, prevent, or do during specific type scenarios.
3. From Rich M - Bio Prepper - https://www.bioprepper.com/2019/11/30/government-officials-want-to-ban-ham-radio/ - I would remind everyone that just because it is happening in California or any other state doesn't mean it can't or won't happen in other states. Often times states remain in the rear monitoring results and then makes the move to follow the initial state.
4. From JMD - Survival Blog - This is a very good article that offers up some excellent thoughts on setting up your bug out route and plan. If you attended any of my classes at Heritage the past two years you will probably relate to the binder of printed route maps put together to set up a primary and alternate route for yourself. Anyone who is part of your escape or located along your planned routes, should also have a copy of your binder to hold. You should establish code words for launch times and estimated distance to be covered daily. This will be tracked by those possibly waiting to receive you along the route or at your final destination. You should also have key words and code words toL trigger your start to the plan. Also consider setting up markings at land marks in the event you vanish and someone who knows your plan can come to search for you which possible. Just some, of many thoughts you should consider. I have a partially completed article on this topic for the website to be posted at a date sooner than later.
5. From Mark Miller - America's Gun Digest - https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/unseen-in-the-best-places-belly-guns-and-hide-outs-for-low-profile-carry/ Good read
Other worthy news from the week ...
1. From Steve Brown - The Duran -
If you want a better understanding of what is taking place on the continent of Africa, this is a good starting point. Africa is a gold mine for resources needed for humanity and industry as well. But, one thing pretty much excluded from this article is discussion of the Chinese Silk Road project.
The Belt and Road Initiative is a global development strategy adopted by the Chinese government involving infrastructure development and investments in 152 countries and international organizations in Asia, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and the Americas. This is a $900 billion Chinese investment to be completed by 2049 and involved Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and Americas. The Silk Road project and history behind it can be read about at this link. https://www.bloomberg.com/quicktake/china-s-silk-road Understanding this may answer a lot of questions in the future when you hear the question asked, "why on earth are we fighting a war in Africa?"
2. From Eric Zuesse - The Strategic Culture Foundation - Via Zero Hedge - https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/zuesse-why-second-american-revolution-necessary-entire-world - The author asks a great question. That is....how will me know when a lie is not the truth when everything being stated is a lie.
3. From Greg Hunter - USA Watchdog - https://usawatchdog.com/ - What does a gun sound like when it's firing blanks? Just like it is firing a bullet except to those who are familiar with both sounds. What will the Fed guns sounds like when they have no bullets to fix the next financial crisis?
4. From Vigilant in VA - Survival Blog - https://survivalblog.com/reader-letter-second-amendment-sanctuary-resolutions-virginia/ - I don't know if you are paying attention to what is taking place in VA but this could be the first location where eyes and ears will focus. Will the majority Democratic State Government move forward with Anti-2nd Amendment legislation? We shall see. I say don't focus on the State Dem elected officials but keep your eyes on the elected Sherriff for each county. Here is the list of the 22 VA counties claiming Second Amendment Sanctuary protection. https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/11/30/22-virginia-counties-declare-second-amendment-sanctuary-status/ On a humorous note, I read a few post on social media of folks asking what state is good for relocation.....out of Virginia. Why anyone would be in Virginia to start with is beyond me considering their outrageous tax system. Just saying...
5. From Gordon Chang - Gatestone Institute - https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/15230/china-adopts-malicious-cybersecurity-rules - "After all these "cybersecurity" rules are in place, no foreign company may encrypt data so that it cannot be read by the Chinese central government and the Communist Party of China. In other words, businesses will be required to turn over encryption keys." Isn't it interesting that China is currently leading the AI global race? Isn't it also interesting that several large US based developers are testing software and systems aligned with the Chinese Social Scoring program? Isn't it also interesting how much land and real estate the Chinese government and Corporate world purchased in the US of A? Think this isn't the real deal? Watch as this Chinese citizen is interrogated by Chinese officials for criticizing the police on social media. Social media used as monitoring of citizens, then punishes them. https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/watch-chinese-man-interrogated-criticizing-police-social-media Hmmmm.
6, From Adam Mill - American Greatness -https://amgreatness.com/2019/11/30/the-rise-of-americas-putin-ized-intelligence-community/ - If memory serves me correct, wasn't former President JFK trying to warn us on something before he lost his life? Hmmm
7. From Tyler Durden - Zero Hedge via Truthstream Media- https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/agenda-2030-translator-how-read-uns-new-sustainable-development-goals - On the surface these all sound wonderful. However, if you have been following Agenda 21 and Agenda 2030 the past ten plus years, you will read between the lines of implied intent. A one world government for all the people of that one world by forcing single policies for food, health, security, wealth, and protection. Remove citizens from rural locations in to stacked quarters and minimal living space and conditions. Mass public transportation for the people that will cut back on causes of global warming. Mass vaccinations to support a healthier world. Equality through mass forced controls over those who excel and achieve ahead of the human drains on resources. Shall I continue?
8. From Jacob Hornberger - The Future of Freedom Foundation - https://www.fff.org/explore-freedom/article/the-destruction-of-american-liberty/ - Good read. Another well stated case to speak of on the road we have traveled to this point. Remember back a short 18 years ago how our elected officials stood on the steps of the US Capitol Building to sing "God Bless America?" Oh how far we have traveled in this blink in history.
9. From Michael Snyder - End of the American Dream - http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/how-dumb-have-we-become-chinese-students-are-4-grade-levels-ahead-of-u-s-students-in-math - Reading this reminds me of the movie Forrest Gump when he said "Stupid is as stupid does." Another key block of destruction to bring down the United States as the world leader....in about everything. Education. If we dumb down our children and rebuild them in a new system with less freedoms of thought, decisions and self-determination and mold to a new structure supporting global goals and direction, we can bring down America to a third world nation? Think about this. In 2009 the US of A ranked 18th out of the 36 industrialized nations. In ten short years the nation has fallen to In 2019 the Asian region has moved ahead and dominates the globe. South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong... The US of A ranks No 2 for best systems. It's easy to spend billions on programs but it doesn't ensure children are learning skills to compete at home and abroad. To earn a top ranking the weighted scores were based on three equally weighted country attributes: well-developed public education system, would consider attending university there and provides top quality education. Think about how many foreign students travel from abroad to learn in our systems and then return to their home country. In 2014 The United States ranked 14th in the world in cognitive skills and educational attainment, while Pacific Asian countries and regions dominate the top rankings, according to a report commissioned by Pearson, the multinational education company. In one of the most critical skills needed today, math, a Hechinger Report which reports on global education reports the U.S. now ranks near the bottom among the 35 industrialized nations in math. In reading and science the US remained steady. Based on the steady downward trend in math it is believed U.S. 15 year olds testing are average at answering questions on the surface but fall below average when having to problem solve requiring multiple layers of problem solving. I would like to see a poll showing how many classroom teachers spend more time caring for the well-being of a child at home vs hours teaching education. A large percentage of students today arrive to school underfed, underdressed, malnourished and coming from abusive homes. I could go on and on but I will stop here. You get the point.
10. From Brandon Smith - Alt-Market - https://www.alt-market.com/index.php/articles/4019-the-masses-are-being-conditioned-to-ignore-the-economic-bubble - Put your left foot in, take your left foot out, put your left foot in and you shake it all about. We do the hokey-pokey and watch it fall apart. That's what it' all about.
Stay safe this week. Check your bags and ensure you have your winter gear rotated in to the bag. It is important to check your vehicle as well. Tires, belts, fluids, and overall condition, Mylar blankets and other needed items in the glove box. Just like your back pack, personalize your vehicle in the event you must spend unexpected time in it. It could become your shelter in some unforeseen scenario.
Please keep our fellow brothers and sisters in your prayers. Say an extra prayer for my buddy on the mountain, Festus. The crud bug got hold of him and was shaking him like a wind chime. Several folks are battling health issues or dealing with a spouse or family member with major health issues. The holidays are approaching and can be additional stress on top of existing issues. Prayers are powerful and I know these folks would appreciate them much. Thanks!!!
Keep charging and have a great weekend.
Blessings, Bravo Echo Out