Good morning and Happy New Year to you. Is it just me or does it seem we blinked and the calendar went from December 15th to January 1, 2020? Time has flown by but it has been a great two week period in many ways.
Ms. Lucy and I thank you for stopping by to read the weekly newsletter. Closing out the old year and starting the new year is often busy times for many so we say a big "thank you" for your time.
Just so you know, our regular posting cycle will resume the normal rotation beginning Monday, January 6, 2019. So that means I will post a few items on Monday, Thursday, and the news letter on Saturday. If something urgent comes up that I believe you need to get your eyes on I will post it at the point I receive it OR I will share it in an email to you if you are on the mailing list. If you read this and you aren't on my mailing list, shoot me a note at the email address on the bottom of this page. I will add you to the list once I receive your email request.
I mentioned above it has seemed like a whirlwind the past few weeks but saying it was very special is putting it mildly. First, I don't normally take or have two weeks in a row off. It just doesn't happen. Aside from medical leave two times that lasted more than two weeks per event, this is the first two week vacation since 2003 when I retired from the military. So, this time really helped me unscramble my mental eggs if you know what I mean. Sometimes we just need to step back and figure out if we are on course and if not, adjust and do personal maintenance as needed. Ms. Lucy and I had some great quality time with our family members and friends. Time to say and do more than "Hi-Bye-that was a wonderful meal-Take care and Thank you" then out the door. It was time enough for personal conversations. We are thankful for this blessing and gift.
Heads Up - Waynesville, NC: Ms. Lucy, Festus and myself will be in Waynesville, NC today, Saturday, 4 Jan 2020, at the Kornerstone Kafe, located at 1092 N. Main St, from 11 AM - 1 PM. We sent out an email midweek asking if anyone would like to rally up to let us know so we could make arrangements. The Kornerstore Kafe appears to offer a breakfast or lunch menu. Oh, it appears they have a pretty impressive dessert menu so I will have to keep my eye on Ol Festus if he sees any blueberry pies or cobbler. He may forget where he is at and start singing. Just a warning to everyone ahead of time. If he strikes his Elvis pose, watch out. We hope to see you if you can make it. Come on out and help us chat up the start of the New Year.
Important Date: - January 20, 2020. From The Virginia Citizens Defense League - https://vcdl.org/ - If you are in or near VA and want to consider participating in a peaceful rally, there will be a state rally on the steps of the VA State Capitol. The VCDL is chartering busses from different regions of the state. This is an important date that many eyes of non-Virginians will be monitoring.
This video was posted with referenced intelligence coming out of the VA Capitol area. Thanks to a Patriot sister in VA for sharing this update and video. I have not confirmed this information. Keep safe and stay informed.
Governor plans to disarm Virginia:
Good Reads - These books are not preparedness books from the sense of canning or building resources. The books offer a better understanding of todays climate based on history and cycles of events.
Civil War Two - The Coming Breakup of America - Thomas Chittum - This book was published 20 years ago and it appears the author appears prophetic when compared to current events and the political climate in America today.
When the Almond Tree Blossoms - Aikman, David (A novel that will make you wonder how the author knew what todays history would reveal years after the book was authored.)
Target Patton: The Plot to Assassinate General George S. Patton - Robert K Wilcox (This is a good read and ties history to Ukraine back to this period). We must ask the question, "Do we really know how Patton died?"
The Fate of Empires: Being an Inquiry into the Stability of Civilization - John Hubbard (The Fate of Empires asks why many civilizations throughout human history have risen to greatness but later collapse into ruin. Can there be a permanent society, or are all doomed to decline?)
Okay, let's move this ball down the field ...
Thoughts for the Week –
I don't even know where to start. The past week has been such a blessing. We got an extended visit from our youngest daughter and her family (3 grandkids). Lots of fun, games, food, and time together that we normally do not have. Ms. Lucy is very gifted with children so they build puzzles, read books, and do art projects together. It is pretty amazing to watch. Well, except for the kids dragging her on the high rides and roller coasters at Dollywood. I have to run to Lowes to buy duct tape and WD-40 for her to use the following morning.
When I left Alabama just short of two weeks ago, my intent was to somehow fit in stops and visits with several Patriots along the path that I would be driving. There is never enough time but I'm happy to say I did get to visit with about 15 to 20 of you over the course of the holidays. From TN to VA and WV to NC, it has been such a great time to spend a few hours at each stop chatting, learning, asking and answering questions, and catching up on our journeys traveled. There was several others I wanted to visit but we just couldn't get our schedules in sync. Maybe next time. As noted above, Ms. Lucy, Festus and myself will be heading down to Waynesville, NC, to chat and have lunch with anyone who wants to attend. I may never be the same after riding in a car with both of them for a couple hours. Wait!!! Maybe I will film a podcast. That should go over well.
I want to thank everyone we got to see and to those who made time for me based on my schedule, thank you very much.
One of he most asked questions and topics discussed over the past two weeks would be about solar. Not so much home solar but a solar type system that can be moved around at the home or moved to offer solar power at alternate locations, such as a barn or other detached facilities. I will post an article next week on two different type systems and some comparisons between the two. I'm not endorsing either product but I believe they are reputable enough to share what they offer and can do for the buyer. They are the Titan System and the Patriot system. Look for the article on Thursday Jan 9th. I will tell you a good book to have on hand if you are interested in solar and possibly setting up your own solar design or concept, check out a book titled "Mobile Solar Power Made Easy by William Errol Prowse IV. This is a do-it-yourself Guidebook to Vehicle Mounted Solar System Design and Installation.
During my visits with fellow Patriots the past two weeks, one of the questions I presented to the group is this. It is t is 3 AM, you are awakened to a loud noise and voices in your home. You engage your emergency plan for a home invasion ( I hope) by grabbing your weapon and moving towards the sounds in your home. As you pass through your bedroom door, shots are fired. You immediately drop and take cover as you hear a gasping noise like sucking sound. You turn to see your loved one covered in blood and holding their chest. It appears they have a sucking chest wound. The voices of strangers are moving through your house towards other family members. Do you stop and tend to your loved one with the sucking chest wound or immediately move towards the threat to stop it? What is your plan?
I believe its important to point this out so I will try to explain it in a way not to sound confusing. In the military and in a Law Enforcement we had this thing called "triggers or igniters" which are single events that could cause disruption or trigger another domino type impact to secondary areas. Example - We are tracking events in VA with the 2nd Amendment concerns. In the near future, thousands of 2nd Amendment supporters are expected to arrive to Richmond, VA. In neighboring WV a large number of citizens are on disability and unemployed. Another percentage of the population is drug dependent. If VA goes hot and shots are fired between 2nd Amendment supporters and the State, or Pro vs Anti 2nd Amendment supporters, we will see thousands of citizens flooding in to the state until they close the state borders. When this
happens about everything needed to survive will stop moving. Supplies will be gone in 72 hours. Remember, VA has key highway systems critical to the movement of resources; Interstates 77, 81, 64 and 95. What about the thousands of VA citizens trying to flee the state violence? You now have a fairly economically depressed area that now has no resupply and thousands of people are flooding in to the state. What is your plan? This is why we stress not waiting until the fire starts to go buy the extinguisher. I continue to talk to Patriots who hold the knowledge but choose to roll the dice. I'm not sure why anyone holds a belief that America will be different from any other country. Hate, anger, and hunger will be a lethal mix of ingredients that no sane person will want to be a part of. Think about it.
Last evening Ms. Lucy and I had the pleasure of having Festus, Jager, and Ms. Jager in our home. I think laughing was a key item on the agenda but overall it was a great evening. Jager, Festus and I broke away and went to the mancave to shoot a 75 minute podcast on weapons. What a blast it was. Great information and I hope to get posted on the video channel soon.
That my friends is about the extent of my thoughts for the week. I tried to keep it short during this holiday week.
Okay, let's move ahead...
Preparedness News –
1. From Daisy Luther - The Organic Prepper - https://www.theorganicprepper.com/the-un-is-hiring-disarmament-officers-in-new-york/ - To many, this story may seem as crazy as bat on roller skates, but if you have followed the news between the lines since 2008 you will know this is not far fetched and it is not uncommon to see job adds or recruiting posters for positions such as what this article is talking about. The question is, what is truth and what is a disinformation campaign. Psychological operations can be good or bad depending which side you are on.
2. From Sam Culper - Forward Observer - https://forwardobserver.com/eyes-on-virginia-2020-heres-what-to-expect/ - It is important to hear every opinion. Good, bad, or indifferent. Then calculate the information and decide for yourself. More importantly, you will need food, water, shelter and security.
3. From Commander Zero - Notes from the Bunker - http://www.commanderzero.com/?p=6781 Stack and stock, stock and stack. Your preparedness should be consistant and programmed to fill your needs. Don't allow what you think may or may not happen determine your history and outcome.
4. From Off Grid Survival - https://offgridsurvival.com/bloomberg-on-texas-church-shooting/ - I don't mean to sound cruel (or do I?) but have you ever heard the saying about folks with a hollow head who flap their gums in the breeze and makes this sound like wind blowing through a sewage pipe. Is there anything worse than a wealthy person with over energized lips and a constant flow of noise coming out telling you how you should live your life? I rest my case.
Other worthy news from the week ...
1. From Brandon Smith - Alt-Market - http://alt-market.com/index.php/articles/4046-the-leftist-cult-vs-the-trump-cult-similarities-and-differences - Hmmm, I have a hard time thinking of possible similarities. LOL
2. From James Kuntsler - https://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation/evidence-of-absence/ - (My apology for the profanity). One must wonder how much truth there will be to the words Mr Kuntsler writes. I believe what he is saying but I'm still not convinced the Conservative base has the backbone to stand up for what they believe. The Left has been proving for sometime they will fight for their goals and beliefs. I hope I'm wrong.
3. From Daivd Collum - Peak Prosperity - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXZsAtHQTXY - I realize this drum is about worn out but it does seem the drums are louder and more frequent.
4. From the Z Man - Z Man - http://thezman.com/wordpress/?p=19446 - Hurry everyone, we must open the gates and let the world in, criminals and all.
5. From the Guardian - https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2004/feb/22/usnews.theobserver - I think someone consumed some of Al Gores magic potion on this one. It is still interesting that we have leaders and agendas so far off the checklist of what is normal that they could easily convince the masses the sky is falling. Just say Patriot Act.
6. From John Whitehead - Rutherford Institute - https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/nullify_government_tyranny_in_2020_harness_the_power_of_your_discontent As always another excellent read from John Whitehead.
Okay, let's close this thing out and get moving on this day.
Thanks for stopping by and taking in some news. I will get back to the normal posting schedule on Jan 6th, 2020. You may have noticed a video channel set up on the website yet no videos are posted. We have the videos ready, but we continue having technical issues uploading them to this web provider.
If you are the praying type, please continue praying for our Patriot sisters and brothers. Lots of sickness and illness around the nation. We lost (that I know of) two of our readers to cancer in 2019. Thoughts and prayers to their family members. We also have several readers who are on the road the next few weeks. We pray for their health, safety, and His hand of protection in all they do. Blessings to everyone in 2020 for jobs, health, wisdom, safety, wealth, family, and to our great nation and elected leaders. We continually pray for our military at home and abroad, and our first responders who serve us 24/7. May you all be protected.
Keep charging and have a great weekend. Have a safe and blessed 2020.
Bravo Echo Out