We hope you enjoyed a blessed week wherever you may be. It seems we are in the lull of the year where the weather is sort of blah and dreary. Depending where you are, it won't be but a few weeks until the seeds can be planted and fresh veggies not long after that. Fresh healthy eating and canning for those who can for the future. Mix in some Heritage Life Skills in May and one has a great level of motivation heading in to summer. Love it.
Thanks for hanging out with us for a few minutes. It's not a coffee bar but it will have to work for now. I must talk a lot because I don't hear anyone talking back. Morning humor. About now I see Ms. Lucy rolling her eyes.... I know Festus got it.
I would like to welcome several new readers who are First Responders (Fire and Police) from the Boston, MA region. Welcome to the Patriot gang and the Hope For Survival website. I appreciate your support and emails. Thank you for your service and dedication to help keep our citizens safe.
It was great hearing from my Patriot Brothers and Sisters in South Carolina (multiple), Florida, Georgia, Tennessee (multiple), Massachusetts, West Virginia, and Virginia (multiple), this week. Thanks for emailing and sharing your progress in your plans. Keep charging. Each day forward you gain more control over your self-reliance and preparedness.
You may be aware of this so I am pointing this out for anyone who may not be aware of it. Check to see if your state conducts an annual or semiannual State Severe Weather Preparedness Tax Holiday. Alabama is great at this and will offer their first 2020 tax free event on February 21, 12:00 AM to Sunday February 23, 2020 at 12 midnight. These type events will allow shoppers the opportunity to purchase certain severe weather preparedness items free of state sales tax. Check with your state Department of Revenue to see if and when your state may participate. This is a great time to pick up batteries, tarps, first aid kits, generators, bungee systems, plywood, window film or other materials, flashlights, lanterns, fire detectors and extinguishers, car and boat batteries ..... The list is vast. This is a great time to start or add items to your inventories for preparedness. Learn what your community and state has to offer to help keep you informed and safe.
You may also want to check with your city/county Emergency Management Agency (EMA) to see if they participate in a program called Civic Ready (https://www.civicplus.com/civicready/mass-notification-system). This program provides critical information to the local populate who signs up for the notifications. Things such as Emergency Alerts, Community Notifications, Heat, Floods, Hazardous Materials, Hurricanes, Landslides, Pandemic, Thunderstorms and Lightning, Tornadoes, Tsunamis, Wildfires and Winter Storms...for starters. Yea I know, OPSEC. Weigh and balance it out. Remember, early warning. Getting pertinent information in a timely manner helps you to make decisions and implement your plans accordingly. Think about it, the county you are hesitant to submit information to get these notifications is the same county who knows where you live, collects property and auto taxes from you, and issues your state driver's license and auto plates. These are great advance "heads up" alerts.
Time is precious so let's move ahead.......
BREAKING NEWS: HLS has a great gust speaker for H LS 2020. Many of you will recognize the name when Ms. Jan announces it this week. I have referenced and recommended his work and books in my classes, my Hope For Survival book, and in website articles. I received email confirmation from this person this week that everything was locked up and good to go. He will be at HLS. A big thanks to Ms. Jan at HLS.
We must make this brief public announcement to protect the innocent.
NOTE: Opinions shared in this newsletter are just that, opinions and nothing more. Read at your own risk. The owner and authors of this site are not responsible for hurt feelings or thin skinned readers. We do our best to show restraint and respect to the best extent possible. We take as many precautions as possible and try to remain as nonpolitical as possible, however, there are times when I just can't help but point certain things out. Just saying. Stay the course, read what you want, and avoid the rest. Avoid fear porn as much as possible and the day will be okay.)
HEALTH ALERT: The Coronavirus continues to spread. The best advice I can provide to you was posted on the HFS Website earlier in the week. Right now I would recommend educating yourself, monitoring a respectable news agency for updates, and take precaution steps as needed. If things change I will post another Health Alert to the website. Be safe and alert. Coronavirus - the link: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
Let me reload my coffee because this is my favorite part....
Thoughts for the week
I was blessed with the opportunity to speak at a local Northern Alabama church last Sunday morning. A fellow Patriot reader of the Patriot Express News Letter who I respect and have known for about ten years invited me to speak. I discussed Preparedness and the three key personal needs; that being one's spiritual, psychological and physical positions and conditions. I also covered the basics for food, water, shelter, and security as well as Every Day Carry (EDC) bags and Bug Out Bags. We had a few minutes extra so there was time for a couple of questions. One question was "what is the sufficient time and temperature for boiling water to make it potable if other purification methods are not possible? The correct answer would be to bring the water to a boil for one minute and three minutes when you are at an elevation over 6,500 ft. Let the water cool then place in a suitable container with a tight lid. If the water is not clear at the beginning you may want to strain the water through some gravel that drains through a cotton t-shirt just for precaution. If possible, select water that is moving and not stationery stagnant water. A second question asked my opinion of ionizing water. I don't really have an opinion one way or the other. I'm familiar with the machines and process, and I know a few folks who used a machine for health benefits, but I don't know enough about any results or positive/negative witnessed results to say I would/would not recommend the machine or process to anyone else. A big thanks to my Patriot Brother for inviting me
In my daily reading I wondered across this article and it caught my eye so I went back to read it again. As a 20 year veteran of the Armed Forces and a Freedom loving American, this royally chapped my cheeks. We seem to have lost all degrees of sanity. This story comes from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. I know of this institution because a friend of 30 plus years, who was once a staunch conservative, graduated from this institution of higher learning. He grew up in the deep south before joining the military. Later in life he enrolled and completed a Political Science Degree from UCCS. He graduated as a staunch flower child who now voices the opposite of every view he once held. It was staggering to witness the change. So in my reading this week, I surf cross this article from the same university talking about the negative impact active duty military and veterans are having on this institution of higher learning. In a school newsletter an article titled "Social Justice Collective Weekly" the article states how historically, the university has been known for its number of veterans who are full and part-time students. It further states how the school once prided itself on the number of military attending but now believes these active duty and veterans may be hurting the university. What?
The author says "the problem lies in their socialization into the military culture that is that of a white supremacist organization. They have been permanently tainted, and are no longer fit for a four-year university." It further says "veterans usually are associated with extremists right-wing groups such as the tea party and the NRA. In order to provide a safe place for all students, extremist right-wing groups must be suppressed on campus. This would include their followers: veterans." In the end, the article says "veterans should be allowed to attend trade schools. That is not to say veterans should not be allowed an education. Veterans should be allowed to attend trade schools or maybe even community college. But, in order to protect our academic institutions we must ban veterans from four-year universities."
Not far down the highway in the city of Denver, all schools will require Gender Neutral Toilets and Teachers to Respect Gender Pronouns....staff will also be permitted to hang the LGBT rainbow flags....yet we don't say the Pledge of Allegiance or sing our National Anthem because we may offend someone. They want these rights. They want the freedom to practice these rights. Yet, they want to treat those who fought and died for their right to pick and practice these rights as second class citizens?
It is because of these active duty troops and veterans that the school author and university can fluff their feathers and strut around like privileged peacocks. I am all for the 1st Amendment and what any person wishes to say. I am not for such policies and mind-sets that degrades, short-changes, separates by class, the men and women who have worn, do wear, and will wear, the uniform of the United States Military. I respect the fact the military is NOT for everyone. We are no different from any one else, however in most cases we have volunteered to serve this great nation. We have put the uniform on with pride and honor. We have supported and defended the Constitution of the United States. We have supported elected Presidents from both political parties. We have stood for those who can't stand. We have died for our great nation when others refused to serve. With very little voice we have traveled to third world crap holes because our nation called us to do so. We shed unnoticed tears for causes most cannot relate. While others burned our flag, protested this or that, we missed birthdays, holidays, anniversaries and the births of our children. While others continue to fight to destroy our way of life, our Constitution and Bill of Rights, we comforted and held our dead until they could be properly cared for and respectfully sent home to their loved ones. And, at the end, we have asked for very little because we volunteered and we love this country.
Today I have deep concerns the soft mentality has infiltrated a portion of our military and the question remains, without technology to aid the battle, do we still have the heart and willpower to fight the fight for our great nation and her citizens when called upon? On the home front these "you owe me the world" yuppies are too much for me. Skinflints indeed. If I didn't have faith in a higher being and had I not defended their rights to be knuckleheads, I would probably say they don't deserve to breath the same air. There will come a day when our country needs them and my question is, "will they stand and serve?"
Stories like this one and others gives me more determination to prepare. I digress.
A Hartford CT newspaper titled the Courant notes how the Democrats propose a new state police department to combat hate crimes and violent right-wing extremism. NBC News (the network where they practice to for the elite network of lies, CNN) says "Racist Trump supporters should lose their vote." Uncle Bernie Campaign calls police on reporters for asking question about his staff talking about killing people (refer to undercover journalist James O'Keefe's Project Veritas). The list of insanity goes on and on.
Think about the ongoing insanity and remember the words introduced to us during the previous administration when we learned more of the famous radical author, Sal Alinsky and his "How to
Create a Socialist State":
How To Create A Socialist State
by Saul Alinsky
1) Healthcare — Control healthcare and you control the people
2) Poverty — Increase the Poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.
3) Debt — Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.
4) Gun Control — Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state.
5) Welfare — Take control of every aspect of their lives (Food, Housing, and Income).
6) Education — Take control of what people read and listen to — take control of what children learn in school.
7) Religion — Remove the belief in the God from the Government and schools.
8) Class Warfare — Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take (Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.
Cruise through the above list and determine how many of the items sound familiar. Now realize how close we are getting.
As noted in Taki's Magazine " We fought a seventy-year battle against a totalitarian system that prohibited free speech, and having won it, we adopted the very system we defeated and imposed it on ourselves." Yes sir, if the dog barks and growls at you, pet it. We now live in a society where critiquing leadership, failed infrastructure, or social policy equates to racism and discrimination. While fat cats stuff their pockets with kick-backs and under the table deals, the oppressed are taught to look the other way and blame everyone else. Nothing ever changes. Civil Rights gone wrong. The people suffer while the elite shake hands, eat well, and move on. One author suggest repealing the 1964 Civil Rights Act to allow the restoration of the constitutional right to freedom of association. Imagine it.
Happy, Happy, Happy. A happy story.
I wanted to share the coolest thing with you. One of our Patriot sisters has been burning it up the past couple of years. Relocating, setting up a new home and so forth. We communicate often as she shares projects and thoughts on progressing in her family plans. Her family recently added a new puppy to the family of two legged and four legged beating hearts. She shared a picture of the new puppy and it was so awesome. Our Patriot sister's children surrounded the puppy and the oldest child was reading a story to the puppy from a book. If there was ever a picture to tell a story, that was it. Even with all the negative news, stories and events, we can always find more positives around us. Thanks my Patriot sister for sharing the conversation and awesome picture from your family. I know it is exhausting to keep the pace you and your family continues to have. You are making great progress. Keep charging. Every day invested is one day forward to being better prepared.
As I was saying in the last Patriot Express News Letter, this is a great time of year to check and adjust your EDC and Bug Out Bags, check and rotate foods, and even can more food or start canning food. So, Ms. Lucy and I picked up some quality boneless skinless chicken breast and canned about 8 quarts and 8 pints (two canner loads) to put in our inventory. Ms. Lucy turned me loose with the second batch and while she was away during the day I took it A to Z and when she returned she found a canner singing away. So, my point is, if I can do it, anyone can do it. I actually enjoy it. Why? Because I know with each rotation of canned meat or veggies, it is added food to our food plan. Protein. I did video tape the first round with Ms. Lucy explaining the process step-by-step to eventually get on a Podcast. I will try to get it posted as soon as I can based on my schedule.
Many of you probably read last Saturday's Patriot Express News Letter Edition #41 and thought I had lost my mind when I stated we should pay attention to GOP members waffling on Impeachment support. Today is hump day and I just noticed the lie box stating as many as 8 GOP Senators are on the fence to calling witnesses. Remember, only 12 are needed to go soft. I am not against witnesses. I just ask, why weren't the witnesses to defend the President important during the Congressional hearings? Elections always have consequences and those up for reelection this year will definitely be polling and watching through the rear view mirror. Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock. Who will STAND to be counted when the gavel drops.
Okay, the world awaits us, let's move ahead.
1. From Doc Montana - SHTF Blog - https://www.shtfblog.com/seven-deadly-prepper-sins-wrol-teotwawki/ - Doc offers some really good thoughts in areas we often believe we have under control. Like I have offered before, it is good to get multiple sound opinions and then you pick what works best for you in your situation. Maybe mix and match a few together to find what works best for you. Just like buying a pair of shoes, try a few opinions on for size to your plan and pick what works best.
2. From Apartment Prepper - https://apartmentprepper.com/ - This is simply a suggested website for folks living in Apartment type dwellings. In my opinion, this group of people conducting preparedness measures is probably the most overlooked or neglected groups. Many believe the only option is bugging out. Sometimes it just isn't possible.
3. From Pat Cascio - Survival Blog - https://survivalblog.com/ - This is a good article on portable generators. If you have noticed lately, I have been posting a lot of information on generators, fuel and solar types. This is because I have been getting a lot of question and request for information on different types of recommended generators.
4. From Michael Snyder - The Economic Collapse - http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/a-plague-of-billions-of-locusts-threatens-to-create-a-horrific-end-times-famine-all-over-africa - Famine, Floods, Pandemics, Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Locust... natural disasters all over the globe. Imagine 150 million locust per square kilometer and it is getting worse. This could be tragic for the continent of Africa possibly. I don't know if you have noticed or not but isn't it interesting how we used to send our military to some place in Africa what seemed routinely to prevent another humanitarian crisis with starving displaced Africans. Remember? Is it not it interesting how we do not need to do that any longer...yet we have starving Africans?
5. From Robert Richardson - Off Grid Survival - https://offgridsurvival.com/familypreparedness-talkingaboutprepping/ - This is another hot topic I hear about weekly. After years of preparedness, I have yet to hear the perfect solution. I personally believe it is case by case.
6. From Bethany - Survival Blog - https://survivalblog.com/appalachian-redoubt-bethany/ I often see folks asking where they should relocate. This is a very populate question on the DD 12 Group Page on Facebook. In an article I will post next Thursday talking about "can you survive in your town/city when the crud hits the fan, the author says the best locations to relocate are located in the Northwestern US of A. In this article the author offers a view of the Appalachia region of Ohio, WV, and KY. Personally, having been to 48 of the 50 states, I prefer the region of the Appalachia towards East TN/Western NC and Northern GA. Nothing against any other location. I just prefer this region.
1. From Lawrence Thomas - The Gold Telegraph - http://www.goldtelegraph.com/could-we-be-heading-back-towards-a-gold-standard/ - I know our current President supports the gold standard and several U.S. states currently honor gold and silver as currency. Internationally the BRICS nations also support a global currency system backed by the gold standard. Sooo, why not.
2. From Jack Burns - The Free Thought Project - https://thefreethoughtproject.com/bottled-water-company-admits-to-dumping-arsenic-into-csecosystem-nobody-goes-to-jail/ - I am going to...California, California, here I come. They got some crazy bottled water and I am going to drink me some. NOT. Would it not be nice if just for one week we could find one positive story coming from the state?
3. From Jacob G. Hormberger - The Future of Freedom Foundation -
https://www.fff.org/2020/01/23/two-different-americas/ - The author asks a great question. That being "Was the abandonment of America’s sound founding principles the reason for the massive chaos, crises, and dysfunction that riddle our society today?" As much as I personally dread seeing pay statements with all the earned wages held out for all the different programs devised by the feds, I also ask myself the question "how many people would retire broke with no way of living if someone didn't force the tax withdrawal to save for them?" How would they survive? Yes, I understand all the corruption between withdrawal and payout, but the bottom line is this. Imagine a society where half the citizens have no way of surviving after the age of 62 or 65 or beyond? We already have citizens working beyond 70 till death while getting retirement and Social Security.
4. From John Whitehead - The Rutherford Institute - https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/the_super_bowls_biggest_losers_the_boys_and_girls_being_sold_for_sex_20_times_a_day - The growing pedophile epidemic has not slowed it appears. It is the rich, the powerful, the elite, and what appears to be many who appear above the law to this point continue taking part in this sickening practice. This is not a recent phenomenon, but appears to have increased in demand during the Vietnam War and the Columbian drug war in the 1980s. Regardless, this is beyond sick and criminal.
5. From Brandon Smith - Alt Market - https://www.alt-market.com/index.php/articles/4081-how-viral-pandemic-benefits-the-globalist-agenda - Another good product from BS. Great points made and mostly on target. Many of our citizens are clueless to the power and finances of Big Pharma and the politics played between Big Pharma and governments.
6. From James Rickards - Daily Reckoning - https://dailyreckoning.com/elites-have-destroyed-a-possible-u-s-russia-alliance-to-contain-china/ - Regular readers of the Patriot Express News Letter may recall from a recent article I asked "is there a possibility the US could build a coalition to bring Russia closer or even in to NATO to subvert the growing and escalating threat from China." Jim Rickards, a brilliant mind, breaks down the importance of the alliance and why it didn't happen. BTW, Jim Rickards is a Patriot loving American and someone I would recommend folks tagging and reading on a regular basis.
That is all my Patriot brothers and sisters. Thank you for your time to read the PENL. I hope you found something to help you in some way. We do not take your time for granted. Keep your feet and minds grounded as the world around us runs away in many directions.
Please keep our great nation, our elected leaders, military and first responders in your thoughts and prayers. I know several of our readers would appreciate you adding them to your prayer list as health and worldly struggles remain. I request a silent prayer for former boss and friend who is dealing with cancer and is currently in quarantine to protect his immune system from a recent blood cleansing procedure. We also have a Patriot sister recovering from a recent surgery. We pray for safety and a clear vision ahead for one of our Patriot families traveling a long distance this weekend. I pray for each one of our Patriots. May we all be protected from the growing evils surrounding and attacking our families each day. Amen. Thank you.
Keep charging and have a safe week.
Bravo Echo Out,