Updated: May 1, 2021
Greetings and welcome to the PENL Edition #107. Ms. Lucy and I would like to thank you for stopping by to check out this weeks newsletter. As we move through May quickly, things continue changing rapidly across the nation. Fuel shortages, supply chain issues and federal mandates to reduce beef production and consumption. Are you paying attention? On the current pace we could be in for a long summer ahead.
Ms. Lucy has been editing my new book to be released very soon, The Mindset, and she has been pointing out some of the points I make in the book about what do you see? Of course she always jabs me a bit with how I write things because I write how I speak. Growing up in rural West Virginia, English was not my favorite subject. I know, proper grammar is important. She was sharing a story with me how a coworker was sharing a story about her husband trying to solve a problem and he always turned to his wife (the friend) and would ask her "what do you see" that I am missing. My wife found it interesting because that is part of the point in my new book. The importance of understanding what you see. If all goes well the new book will be available in May 2021.
Hope for Survival - The Mindset is book two in my HFS series and it is set to be released by the middle of May. I will be taking pre-orders on the book through this website shortly. I will also have it available during my time at Heritage Life Skills in Waynesville, NC, May 20-23, 2021. This book focuses on the mindset and why one should prepare. Check it out.
Thursday Zoom Rallies – We had Zoom Rally #52 as HFS continues the Thursday night series discussing preparedness related topics like gardening, building preparedness groups and leadership to name a few. Congratulations to the HFS Zoom family on the 1st year anniversary of this effort to bring Patriots together to bond, learn, and participate during the Covid-19 era. I am really proud of this group for sticking with it weekly. Our guest speaker was Dr. Richard Proctor from the Provost Institute and he spoke on the Constitution and his great book titled Saving the Constitution. A favorite feature of mine is the "chatter that matters" segment of the evening where all attendees can discuss any and all preparedness topics on their mind. Thanks to Dr. Proctor for his time to join the HFS Zoom family and to everyone who could attend.
Heritage Life Skills will be held May 21-23, 2021 and registration started March 1, 2021. More information about Carolina Readiness Supply and Heritage Life Skills 2021 is provided in the following link to HFS YouTube page. (266) Hope For Survival - YouTube Here is my conversation with Ms. Jan discussing Heritage Life Skills 2021.
If you have never attended a Heritage Life Skills you are missing out. Here is a link to the website and registration page where you can find this years schedule, instructor bios and classes being offered. Carolina Readiness: A Preparedness & Survival Store.
Communications: You can now follow HFS social media on the following outlets:
Facebook – Hope for Survival
YouTube Channel – Hope for Survival
MeWe: - //mewe.com/p/hopeforsurvival2
Connect and give me a shout. Share with family and friends.
Moving along …
We must make this brief public announcement to protect the innocent.
If you are a guest or newcomer to the HFS journey, please check out this link for additional information offered through HFS. https://www.hopeforsurvival.com/post/guest-and-newcomers-information-page
Ding, Ding, Ding....Attention HFS readers..... Opinions shared in this newsletter are just that, opinions, and nothing more. Read at your own risk. The owner and author of this site is not responsible for hurt feelings or thin-skinned readers. I do my best to show restraint and respect to the best extent possible. I take as many precautions as possible and try to remain as nonpolitical as possible, however, there are times when I just can't help but point certain things out. Occasionally I use words only Patriots recognize and understand. It's not personal against any non-Patriot. It's just the truth. Sometimes we must pull up our spenders and suck it up. Just saying. Stay the course, read what you want, and avoid the rest. Avoid fear porn as much as possible and the day will be okay. When all else fails… Keep the faith and always have Hope.
Let’s move along and get to some thoughts...
Thoughts for the week –
I will share these thoughts from the point of Freedom. Not about politics or ideology. I must ask, when is enough, enough? I have continued my attempts to stay above the national media and avoid much of the ongoing debate over vaccines, the election, and many other ongoing critical issues. We do discuss these issues during the Thursday evening weekly zoom calls. I have avoided posting these topics to keep the website off the radar of the "woke" crowd and their agenda. It is more important to have the website available and provide preparedness information than to rant about certain topics when they are already flooding the media circuits daily.
I do have to ask, when is enough, enough. After listening to the new CDC mask guidelines and reading additional information on the topic, my gut is a tight ball and my blood pressure climbing. Do you see what is coming? Yes, this is in line with much of what we talked about the past months. Those who choose to not be vaccinated are being cornered and will lose much of their past freedoms in the coming months. It is bad enough that an unmandated vaccination is being forced on those who wish to not be vaccinated at this time. So lets tighten the laws and access requirements to common places such as stores, parks, churches and sporting events to start with.
I don't know if you caught the presser of Mr. Biden this week where he was participating in a virtual conference with global leaders. He was he only person in the room or at least within view of the camera and he stood at the microphone and monitor wearing a mask. He was the only leader on camera for this virtual event wearing a mask. Maybe we have not been told yet that the Covid-19 can be passed to others through a virtual screen and microphone.
How much more can the citizens of this great nation take? Now they are pushing to keep children in a mask when the attend school. That's right. The old story line of children not passing off the Covid-19 virus seems to be changing and now the CDC suggests keeping children behind the face diaper and some education institutions are requiring a vaccination before allowing in person attendance. The control of the people will get tighter until the unvaccinated speak out and start revolting against the system. We are being stripped of our constitutional rights and freedom to move about, voice our displeasure, and function as people in a free society.
More and more I am convinced many are not paying attention to what is happening and many are simply complying with a program that is "voluntary" and not enforceable by law. People are simply doing as they are instructed regardless of the psychological damage taking place to the people of our great nation. People are stuck on their sofa moaning at what they hear and simply disregarding their voices and actions are needed in their local communities. Once they step out the front door and mask up, they are part of the system being forced on the people.
What will come next? Will the Fire Marshall have unvaccinated Christians removed from church services? Will managers and corporate leaders ban unvaccinated shoppers from Lowes, Home Depot, and other box stores from shopping if unmasked? Will masked shoppers be shamed and harassed by the unmasked vaccinated Americans? You see, to this point, the masked refuse to drop the mask and ask others to show them the law that requires being masked and vaccinated. It does not exist. It would be fairly safe to assume the masked and unmasked are dividing along political lines as well. The forgotten point is we are Americans first and the masked are forgetting the Constitution and Bill of Rights was not a political party document. It was for all peoples, all races, all political minded humans. We can have political divide but we must stand together against Tierney and the destruction of this great land. If we don't, we are finished.
This week we remembered the devastating date of April 27, 2011, when a series of deadly Category 5 tornadoes swept through the south and southeastern United States causing massive amounts of damage and hundreds of citizens died as these storms swept through state by state. I lived through it in Huntsville, AL. I remember the date very well and will always remember it
Early in the morning our meteorologist at work was monitoring over night weather patterns in Arkansas and Mississippi and he then stated "oh no, this does not look good. It is going to be a long day." Indeed it was. Most of the day our work force remained in our area of refuge to protect them while the sky remained pea soup green and the air was dead calm except when another tornado passed through our area. Keep in mind, our area was not the only area being hit by tornado after tornado. It seemed sirens blared all day. One specific storm touched down in Alabama and remained on the ground until it reached Washington County, VA.
The series of tornadoes last over 72 hours, costing billions in damage and taking the life of 360 citizens with maximum sustained winds of 210 mph. The storm system cast over 210 tornadoes during this period of destruction. It was one of several event that compounded my efforts to be, remain, and practice preparedness. Furthermore, it contributed to my efforts to help others get prepared.
You see, most of my neighbors did not have resources to survive. Simple things such as candles, flashlights, batteries, water, food, generator power to save food in the refrigerator, weather radio and more. Most of our neighbors spent long hours at our home to get food and hear emergency radio broadcast. We had preparedness resources to sustain the five day period easily. We had no electricity or water. Cell phone services was sketchy. This was a perfect situation to prove the importance of self-reliance and the need for communities to come together to support one another.
Ten years later, I find a greater need for personal preparedness. As leadership in government continues dumbing down our society, wearing a mask or double mask, a broken supply chain, and more, we must be self-reliant, period. I am not convinced our society agrees. Now, more than ever, our society is dependent on government and jumps when leadership snaps a finger. What does this say about where we are today? When the system totally collapses where will it leave the people? Total chaos will ensue and the order of law will fail. It is failing today in most blue states and blue cities. Where will that leave us? If we are not prepared for a sustainable period we will be up the creek.
Many of those around us in 2011 found their ability to survive up the creek and they remain up the creek today. Why? Because someone else will come through with their needs. I don't blame them. They are mentally conditioned to do as told and trust those carrying the message.
Remember, 90% of the nation will be unprepared and dependent upon the system. When the system fails, they will be depending on you.
In theory, we are supposed to depend upon our government to lead us and provide guidance and hope in the direction they are taking our nation to keep the best interest of "we the people" in mind. They often set the example and provide us with important laws and legislation to keep us moving forward. Over the past year we have lived through the Covid-19 era and now watch as many race to find a location to get the promoted vaccination. We have been told the vaccination is our hope to get back to normal. Question? If the above is true in theory, then why did the recent State of the Union show otherwise? Why did the government conduct a State of the Union which was the longest first year President's State of the Union in history at 62:00, and require limited participation by vaccinated and masked attendees to be six feet apart? How does this promote confidence in the "jab?" Furthermore, why was the building required to be empty of nonparticipating members? Just wondering....
Okay, lets move along to the news…
Preparedness News –
1. Ice Age Farmer - Biden Ends Beef! 90% Reduction in Red Meat by 2030 in Climate Plan – #AbsoluteZero | ice age farmer - I don't know if you tune in to Ice Age Farmer but you should. He provides excellent information to what is coming in the future.
2. From Prep School Today - Prep School Daily: Basic Food Storage--Pasta - I often hear questions on how to store pasta for mid and long term storage. Check this out.
3. From Old World Garden Farms - The Best Cucumber Plant For Making Pickles Ever - And How To Grow It! (oldworldgardenfarms.com) - What do you do with your excess cucumbers? Do you can pickles? Maybe you should consider doing so.
4. From Primal Survival - How to Store Cornmeal Long-Term and Does Cornmeal Go Bad? (primalsurvivor.net) - Great information to know and put in your paper library.
5. From Prep School Daily - Prep School Daily: Start Right to End Right: 3 DIY Soil Sample Tests to Perform to Insure Your Garden Is as Productive as Possible - Here is another excellent article to print for your paper library.
6. From Animal House - Survival Blog - Tangible Investments on the Farm, by Animal House (survivalblog.com) - What should I do with my worthless dollars as debt rises and the value of the dollar decreases? Tangible assets is one option to consider. What are the things you need or do not have now that you will need to sustain operations around your property? Have you identified these items?
Other News –
1. From James Kirkpatrick - V Dare - Will Whites Support A Globalist American Empire That Picks Fights Abroad And Wars Against Them At Home? | Articles | VDARE.com - Very interesting perspective by the author. Great question asked. In the end of the ongoing assault against the white race, where will white people stand in America?
2. From John Whitehead - The Rutherford Institute - The Rutherford Institute :: Rutherford Institute Challenges Government Overreach, Compelled Speech & Efforts To Boost State Budgets Through Fines & Penalties |- Are you paying attention to where your tax dollars are being spent? How about where the government is reaching to obtain more funds to offset the out of control spending? People and institutions are being fined for absurd reasons all in the name of political correctness and reeling in free speech.
3. From Adam Taggart - Peak Prosperity - Bond Market Troubles Will Take Away The Fed's Printing Press | Peak Prosperity - By now, everyone should realize the federal government is in financial trouble. Debt, out of control spending, out of control interest on debt, debt to GDP ratio, all are indicators we should be alarmed about.
4. From NC Scout - American Partisan - WWV: The Russian Federation’s Military Doctrine, Plans, and Capabilities for Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Attack | American Partisan - This is a great read. I would encourage anyone interested in Russian capabilities with the EMP style weapon to read this information.
5. From CBS News - CDC unveils new mask guidelines for Americans who have had COVID-19 vaccine - CBS News - By the time you read this your blood will probably be reaching the boiling point. A non-government agency, the CDC, is dictating and separating the vaccinated from the unvaccinated in America. They are using the "jab" to dictate what we, as citizens, can do going forward.
6. From John Whitehead - The Rutherford Institute - The Rutherford Institute :: The Global Deep State: A New World Order Brought to You by COVID-19 | By John W. Whitehead & Nisha Whitehead | - Are you listening and paying attention to the world around you? Yes, the power elites are using Covid-19 to change the world we are living. Control of the people is being shaped up to punish those choosing to not be vaccinated. (Submitted by Festus)
7. From Doug Hagmann - The Hagmann Report - We Act NOW | Sam Andrews, David Callihan & Stan Deyo on The Hagmann Report | Full Show 4/27/2021 » The Hagmann Report - This is a must. We have been covering steps and actions we must take to regain control of our country, starting in our local community. This is a great discussion between DH and his guest. Check it out.
That's all my Patriot brothers and sisters.
Thanks for your emails and messages. I enjoy hearing from you throughout the week and sharing your preparedness projects and accomplishments. Thanks for your time to read the PENL and hanging out with us for a while.
Always remember, no matter how negative the news and world around us seems, we always have hope and positive things around us to be thankful for. Don't let the doom and gloom of a broken society get you down. Stay grounded and don't lose sight on the big picture.
Prayers - Please keep our great nation, our elected leaders, military and first responders in your thoughts and prayers. We pray for good health and wisdom. Please pray for our leadership to find answers and guidance to the problems facing our great nation. Please pray for the former President and his family. May your faith remain strong and answers to the unknown provided. God is good and may our prayers blanket and protect you and your circumstances. I pray for each, and every one of our Patriots.
Please pray for our sister Patriot in the Cumberland Plateau who continues recovery and rehabilitation from recent knee replacement surgery. A month post surgery she still suffers daily pain.
Please pray for our Patriot sister in the Asheville area who has been sick for over two months. Pray you gain strength, get your health back soon. Prayers for strength and good health for your husband as well.
Please pray for our Sister Patriot in Huntsville, AL who took a fall in January and is still going through numerous medical procedures and test to get to a point of recovering.
Please pray for our Sister Patriot in NC who underwent surgery recently to fix a prolonged medical issue that causes her pain constantly. Prayers to her and her husband for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. She is mending well and it was great to see both her and her husband on zoom last week.
We need a lot of prayer warriors to uplift a Patriot sister and her family while they deal with negative health news with a child. We need lots of prayer to uplift this family often.
Please pray for a Patriot sister and brother in SC while they deal with family issues regarding a child and grandchild. Pray for strength and wisdom as they adjust to current events.
Please pray for wisdom, energy, and efforts as the Carolina Readiness crew puts the final touches on the upcoming Heritage Life Skills event. May we pray for all the blessings and things in life to be thankful about and continued hope for revival around the world. We must continually pray for the unsaved, our family and friends who live each day without the protection for eternal life and salvation.
Our prayers are needed for medical answers to an ongoing unidentified health issue with a Patriot brother in NC so he can proceed forward with solutions to get 100% healthy again. Prayers to him and his wife on their journey.
As Patriots we must stay strong and never give up. Our home, community and nation needs us now more than ever. The global stage for WW III is being set before our eyes. Our nation suffers in many areas. The hole will only get deeper. The headwinds are strong against us but we must keep charging. Have a safe week. Don't allow the events around us to create fear in your life. Build your own self-reliance and focus on hope. Remember we are a blessed nation and we must continue to be great people today and make a better tomorrow. Keep charging."
Bravo Echo Out,