Did you have an awesome week? We hope so. It was a great week indeed. I would try to trick you and tell you it wasn't raining here in the south but by now I think you would know better. We may actually get a degree of snow today. Hey, one inch of snow in the area causes major problems. Right now we should be fine because the ground temperature remains above freezing.
Thanks to everyone for the emails and communication this week. It is always good hearing from you. Because I'm old-er and try to crash by 830 to 9 pm during the week unless I'm working on a short time line and need something completed. I get up at 4 am normally but some days my body is awake at 3 am so I miss your emails until the following morning. When I wake up early I always stop by the computer and check email and news. I like to read your questions and think on them and answer back when I return home that evening.
I'm still trying to figure out a way to do a virtual coffee and bagel hour. Kidding. Sorta.
Time is precious so let's move ahead .......
HEALTH ALERT: The Coronavirus awareness level should remain elevated. New countries appeared on the radar in the past week and the numbers of infected and dead continues increase daily. S. Korea, Iran, France, Japan, and most likely N. Korea , are all seeing escalating numbers. There's some theories being looked at but I'm not comfortable to release them at this point. One of the big points to share is the number of quarantine days that started at 7, then 14, and now could go as many as 30, may need extended again. In some cases individuals are infected, treated, and a few weeks later infected again and die. The second infection is more severe on the heart and the patients die from heart failure. For more information please see my latest Coronavirus article posted on the HFS Wednessday.
We must make this brief public announcement to protect the innocent.
NOTE: Opinions shared in this newsletter are just that, opinions and nothing more. Read at your own risk. The owner and authors of this site are not responsible for hurt feelings or thin skinned readers. We do our best to show restraint and respect to the best extent possible. We take as many precautions as possible and try to remain as nonpolitical as possible, however, there are times when I just can't help but point certain things out. Just saying. Stay the course, read what you want, and avoid the rest. Avoid fear porn as much as possible and the day will be okay.)
Thoughts for the week -
Is it just me, or has anyone else concluded the world is not ready for a major pandemic event? Based on the past and current handling of the Coronavirus, it is apparent the world leaders fail at communicating, decision making and working together to stop the destruction a pandemic could bring. The Coronavirus first surfaced approximately 90 days ago and what do we know? Slow down, I can't write all of these responses down. Exactly, we know very little about the virus itself, but we have witnessed a failure within our own country to communicate, plan, and keep the citizens informed with facts and truth. An announcement was made last Saturday by a US government official that infected American's would be transported to Anniston, Alabama then within 24 hours we learn that US government official never briefed the President. Once he learned of the decision he quickly stated "this is not going to happen." Why would a decision with such a high degree of troubling consequences not be briefed to the leader of the nation? The country of origin for the Coronavirus was initially slow to respond, then lied about the cause and numbers of infected, and continues to hesitate with information. Why? No country as proud of China wants to admit fault. Understood. But the cat is out of the bag and it is past time the point of damage control. People are dying all over the world partly because of leadership and communication failures. Did you by chance see the testimony this week between the acting DHS Secretary Wolf and Senator Kennedy of Louisiana when the Secretary had no answers on the current status of preparation for the federal government to protect the American citizens? It was brutal. This is just another point and reason it is critical to be prepared for all types of potential hazards because it is clear we won't be told until it is possibly too late.
One of the key indicators to watch to determine the health of a nation's economy is the Baltic Dry Index and the Case Freight Index for shipments. It would be easy to see we are in troubling times by what is moving and more so what is not moving. The headline reads "US Freight Shipments Plunge 9.4%, Steepest since 2009. We can remember the turbulence we endured as a nation in 2008/2009. Do you realize in late 2008 our nation was a blink and pen stroke away from the federal government declaring Martial Law according to then Treasury Secretary Paulson? I'm not saying we are at this point again. What I am saying is the roads are rocky to begin with and now with the global coronavirus still spreading, the impact it is going to have globally on goods to ship could be huge.
With many of the Chinese Industrial factories closed and goods not being produced, the remainder of the world will be impacted. Ships will dock, planes and trucks will be grounded and the consumer will be without. Another reason to be prepared, right? I read over the weekend the Chinese Auto Industry is down 92% at this point. I talked about "when the trucks stop rolling" in my HFS book and it was one of my first articles when I started the website about 11 months ago. I also like to reference my personal thoughts that "one is none and two is one" in all preparedness efforts. I wonder if our government has the same policy for supply and demand of goods. It is probably China and China.
I can remember when Wal Mart first broke on the scene and promoted a "Made in America" platform. Not long after they got busted for the sweat shops in Mexico and then it was Wal Mart "Made in Mexico". Now it is Wal Mart Made in China. Wal Mart Made in Indonesia or Pakistan or Korea or..... With our national debt to GDP being around 106%, the ability to pay our debt without borrowing money has come and gone. So, we are financially strapped unless we print money and we have what appears to be a potential global pandemic on the rise. The main provider of goods is shut down, the ships, planes, trucks and railways are slowed down and in some cases parked, now what? Oh, they are also one of the largest holders of our debt. Watch the economy and what isn't moving my friends.
I was discussing the Titan 1500 solar generator with Festus recently. This product has gained attention since I posted it on the website a few months ago. Festus is a detail oriented guy so it's always fun discussing things with him. Aside from him telling me the advantages of a flip phone, I can usually participate in a two-way conversation. When folks inquire to purchase the product it has been backlogged for one reason or another due to the US vs China trade embargo and now the coronavirus and simply due to it being a quality product with great reviews. The manufacturer ensures customers they currently have the resources on hand to produce the product if purchased. So, one of the questions we discussed is "exactly what part of one's lifestyle determines how much power is needed during a short or long term grid outage?" What do you want to have vs what do you need? Have you asked yourself this question if your plan includes a generator? How much of what you have identified as needed is possibly a want. Now if you can arrange to have it all, go for it. But for those having to figure it out, what do you have to have? Did you remember to include medical devices as part of your must have items? If you have a wood burning fire place does it offer the ability to heat water? Could you possibly use this to replace the convenience of the hot water heater and microwave? Have you conducted the plus and minuses of needs vs wants? One of the hug plusses of this particular product is it puts off minimal to zero noise. You can take advantage of the provided power source without attracting the unwanted and curious.
Out of tune and out of touch. That is the feeling I get watching the 2020 Presidential campaign (Not always by choice). Both parties I must say. It is interesting to see the number of Republican faces and voices who got wealthy off the Republican badge and now I see them as guests (often) on liberal news networks voicing opposition to the current President. A Republican. It is the voice outside of the Washington Beltway who are supporting our elected President. Just watch the campaign rally locations around America when he stops for a few hours to campaign. But my point is not just about our President. Look at what is taking place on the Democratic ticket. They have promised for three years they will win back the White House. They have a plan. They have tried to throw our President out of office and he is still the President 9 months from the election. Numerous candidates started out in the race for the Democratic ticket. We heard a repeat of many past campaigns with nothing new. They will push grandma over the cliff. They will take away your Medicare. They will cut your Social Security. They are racist and will take away welfare. Blah, blah, blah.
This year is a bit different. Today, it appears the front runner of the Democratic Party is an admitted Socialist who promotes previous Socialist and Communist dictators. Many believed he was a one and done after the last election in 2016. He is the man to beat on the Democratic ticket today. The liberal voters outside the Washington Beltway are supporting him while the Democrats inside the beltway are melting down. Today the two likely candidates are not really wanted by the deep roots of their respective party. To me it is a clear sign the politicians inside the beltway are out of touch with the people who own this nation. But more troubling is the growing percentage of our voting age youth who are bought and paid for supporters of the Socialist agenda. The mindset that is being taught in our public school systems. The media is turning on the Democratic front runner because they know he is not the face of the party and he will never defeat our current President. Their words, not mine. With this being evident, don't be surprised to see an old name and face brought forth during the Democratic Convention to replace the current front runner and the name is not Clinton.
If you read a lot you have probably crossed a point of view that the Coronavirus is a bigger threat to the global and US economy than the virus. Time will tell, but if the current path doesn't change soon, we will see greater shortages of products and goods then we see now. Day to day items are still being stocked but many companies depending on parts and supplies from China are feeling the crunch already. Do you realize the US of A receives roughly 90% of its Psychiatric medicines or ingredients for the meds from China? Until China gets its industry base moving again, those who are dependent will become more desperate for supplies. First it was the US vs China trade war and now the virus. I won't even mention the stock market because it has been a huge ugly baby this week. There are many reasons to be prepared and this is one of them. When you are prepared, things like the Coronavirus will simply be another speed bump because you are already or close to prepared. You now adjust to the impact the threat will have on your life. Food, water, shelter, security, medicine, social distancing...
Okay, the world awaits us, let's move ahead.
Preparedness News -
1. From Samantha Biggers - Backdoor Survival - https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/the-bug-in-supply-chain-thoughts-from-a-19-day-and-counting-bug-in-during-covid-19/ - Very good and informative article. Nineteen days and counting. This family is bugging in during the coronavirus to test their own plan and abilities to function and survive. Initially one would believe they are living off their stocked resources. Check out this article to learn more on the discussion. Pretty creative.
2. From Rourke - Modern survival online - https://modernsurvivalonline.com/bucket-repeater/ - This is a pretty interesting concept for building your own Ham radio repeater. This additional link is to an issue with the original design that was then corrected with the recommendation at this link. https://modernsurvivalonline.com/re-building-a-bucket-ham-repeater/ - This would be a much cheaper route to take then purchasing a store bought repeater.
3. From Charles Yor - The Survivalist Net - https://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/ready-prepping-level/ - The point of the article is a key point we all must remember daily. Levels of preparedness differ in almost every person. Some effort is better than no effort and for those who live the life style, even better. But, we all started at the same point. Zero.
4. From Survival Blog - Contributor - https://survivalblog.com/letter-elderberry-wuhan/ - This is a good article to print and have in your paper library. Ms Lucy makes our elderberry syrup, as needed, and we both take elderberry capsules daily. Making the syrup is quiet easy to do and it taste great.
5. From Tuan Nguyen - Smithsonian Magazine - https://www.smithsonianmag.com/innovation/a-potato-battery-can-light-up-a-room-for-over-a-month-180948260/ - This is worth the time to check out. One is none and two is one, right?
6. From Survivopedia - https://www.survivopedia.com/what-survival-foods-you-actually-need/ - This is a good list but it is one of many. Remember, pick and choose what works for you. Why let a stranger tell you what you will eat during a disaster or emergency situation.
7. From Sara Tipton - Ready Nutrition - https://readynutrition.com/resources/the-grim-reality-about-pandemics-they-dont-want-you-to-know-no-country-is-prepared_12112019/ - Ding, Ding Ding, Houston, we have a winner. Someone has nailed the tail to the donkey.
Other News -
1. From Tyler Durden - Zero Hedge - https://www.zerohedge.com/political/dhs-whistleblower-found-dead-side-california-highway-police-rule-suicide - This is a sad and tragic story. For those who followed the story line on Philip Haney, they would also freely state Mr Haney was a extremely bright man. A Christian and a true Patriot to his country. He was tasked to build a data base and program in the first Department of Homeland Security tracking terrorist and networks. The first. And, his employer, the US Government turned on him for doing his job during the heightened battle against terrorism. He simply completed his task to good and was punished for doing so. He built the case and then was forced to delete all of his work. If you have not read or followed the story of Philip Haney I would encourage you to go find recordings of his testimonies and after the fact interview and learn this story. It will inflame you.
2. From Doug Casey and International Man - International Man - https://internationalman.com/articles/why-the-us-is-headed-into-its-fourth-turning/ - Thanks Festus for sharing this article with us. Even though this is along the path many are discussing with rough edges, this article has more meat and foundation as to why we face troubling times as a nation. Good article.
3. From Paul Craig Roberts - Paul Craig Roberts - https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2020/02/12/pbs-assaults-white-americans/ - PCR makes some simple but great points in the article. I could probably spend the next year writing articles on this topic, but for the moment I will let others beat the drum. I will say this....why did mass immigration from the middle east not move sand colored people to other countries with sand colored people where hundreds of thousands of refugee camps waited? Instead, they moved them to Europe and the United States for a better life of welfare and a society they mostly did not simulate with. Look at the annual birthrates in the destinations compared to birthrates of chosen people.
4. From Molly Carter - Ammo.com - https://ammo.com/articles/gun-ownership-in-america - Finally, an article sharing the positives of gun ownership.
5. From Michael Snyder - The Economic Collapse - http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/most-americans-are-not-taking-this-coronavirus-outbreak-seriously-and-that-is-potentially-very-dangerous - Isn't funny how so many want the most current news on the coronavirus updates yet they do nothing about it. In my world I call them the 95% gang. They continue to prove me right.
6. From Tyler Durden - Zero Hedge - https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/hundreds-millions-dollars-lost-shipping-rates-collapse-due-hugely-disruptive-virus - If you are a regular reader you should recall past articles and posts in the PENL discussing the Baltic Dry Index and other references to the drastic slowdown products and goods being shipped between continents. This started before the coronavirus. Basically nothing is moving. We are talking long term economic damage to the global economic system.
7. From Brandon Smith - Alt-Market - https://www.alt-market.com/index.php/articles/4123-the-global-economy-was-sinking-long-before-the-coronavirus-appeared - Is it fair to say the coronavirus is the "icing on the cake" with the global economy? I think.
8. From Daniel Greenfield - Frontpage Mgazine - https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2020/02/bernie-sanders-funded-wealthiest-zip-codes-america-daniel-greenfield/ - Google, Amazon, Microsoft and Apple... to name a few. It's not Brooklyn as previously report....try San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago....
9. Tyler Durden - Zero Hedge - https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/we-just-experienced-fastest-10-correction-sp500-history - It has been painful for many over the age of 50 who are hopefully starting to focus harder towards retirement.
Drum roll........... That's all my Patriot brothers and sisters.
Thank you for your time to read the PENL. I hope you found something to help you in some way. We don't take your time for granted. Keep your feet and minds grounded as the world continues towards an unknown destination. Keep the faith and continue doing great things for yourself and others. Keep the emails flowing. Bring new friends and help spread the word on Preparedness.
I appreciate your sharing the great things you are doing with your plans and progress forward. Keep chugging ahead.
Remember to find someone who is down and out and do something to give them
HOPE. Hope - Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence - Helen Keller
Please keep our great nation, our elected leaders, military and first responders in your thoughts and prayers. I know several of our readers would appreciate you adding them to your prayer list as health and worldly struggles remain. We should also pray for the citizens and world leaders around the world infected and making decisions with Coronavirus. We have one of our Patriot sisters and her family in our prayers as her husband passed away this week after a long health battle. I pray for each and every one of our Patriots. May we all be protected from the growing evils surrounding and attacking our families daily. Amen. Thank you.
Keep charging and have a safe week.
Bravo Echo Out,