Welcome to the Patriot Express Newsletter (PENL) Edition #60. Thanks for your time and for being here. Ms. Lucy and I certainly appreciate you stopping by to check out news and views for the week. It has been a busy week since our last PENL #59. The world seems to change daily. Maybe hourly.
We hope your life may be gaining some degree of normalcy since the Covid-19 outbreak a few months ago. I see some states are fairly open while other states continue keeping folks locked down and out of work. Some folks in certain states still have not received any unemployment benefits to stay afloat. Times are tough for many of our fellow Americans.
I want to thank everyone for your emails over the past week. Thanks for your time to write and communicate with me at HFS. I appreciate your efforts much and the opportunity to chat on whatever topic you present for discussion. Maintaining contact and building bonds and relationships also creates the ability to share information in different parts of the nation as it presents itself. Through all the negative things going on around us, it is uplifting to witness people coming together to bond and build friendships.
I'm starting to feel the urge for another road trip to see some fellow Patriots. Maybe we can venture up to KY to visit and do some training? Or maybe a trip near Greenville, S.C. Let me see what I can work out around life. Maybe I can drag Ms. Lucy and Festus along.
With each passing week the information on Covid-19 changes. I noticed Dr. Fauci changed his tune from being locked in to the home to it not being good to be locked in. Wear a mask, don’t wear a mask, six-foot distancing is enough, not enough… Based on management’s inability to identify the exact problem and how to protect ourselves from the Covid-19, why should we be trustful with any vaccine if and when it is available? Think about that one. It seems with each passing day further division surfaces in the federal government and red/blue states. Current numbers are Global: Infected – 6,595,485 Dead – 388,412. National: Infected – 1,902,101 Dead – 109,146.
Hope for Survival Podcast - We currently have 18 short training type Podcast on the Hope for Survival YouTube Channel covering numerous topics of interest to help in your preparedness planning. You can find Podcast on Canning Chicken, Risk Management, Gun safety, home and personal defense, preparedness training, driving security, interviews with like-minded individuals and other topics. Bring a friend or family member and check out the HFS YouTube page. If you like, hit like and consider subscribing so you are notified when I post something new. I hope to have a new Podcast posted by weeks end.
You can visit the Hope for Survival YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxzpwOcydroW96rFBd2Vvw?view_as=subscriber
Thursday Zoom Rallies - Another step we have taken at Hope for Survival is we started a weekly virtual rally through Zoom where we discuss world events and topics of interest with the Patriots attending the rally. We completed week nine on Thursday and I’m sure this event will continue in the weeks ahead. It is very satisfying to see friendships being built and information and skills being taught and learned. We have also started having different attendees conduct specific briefs within the weekly rally. This week’s topic was Edible Plants and Mountain Momma knocked it out of the park. Great information was provided to the group that will help individuals know and recognize edible and medicinal plants in the wild. Next week’s topic will be Essential Oils. These briefs are part of the total zoom rally. Other information on Preparedness is provided and discussed.
If you have interest in attending a Hope for Survival Zoom virtual training event please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the distribution list for attendance information. The virtual conference room information will not be posted in open on the website for OPSEC reasons.
I sent out an email mid-week letting HFS readers know I am doing preparedness classes starting this Saturday morning, for free. No cost. Check your email for the mid-week email sharing the information. The classes start at 0900 each Saturday in June. Here's the available courses:
Preparedness 101 (Self) - 3 Hours
Preparedness 102 (Team) - 90 Minutes
Family Communication Planning - 90 Minutes
Risk Analysis Management - 90 Minutes
Bugging in Urban - 90 Minutes
Bugging Out - 90 Minutes
Security-in-Depth Planning - 90 Minutes
Sheltering and Bug Out Bag Plan - 90 Minutes
Food Preparedness and Planning - 90 Minutes
Driving Security - 90 Minutes
Bartering -90 Minutes
June 6 - 0900 EST - Risk Analysis and Management (90 Minutes)
June 13 - 0900 EST - Family Communication Planning (90 Minutes)
June 20 - 0900 EST - Preparedness 101 (3 Hours)
June 27 - 0900 EST - Preparedness 102 (90 Minutes)
If you have any desire to possibly take any of these classes please drop me an email to get the Zoom room reserved. If you wish to donate for the training feel free to do so by hitting the donate button. Or, you can purchase my book as well. All proceeds above cost to print goes to charity. Or you can gain entry with a smile. Pretty easy huh?
Moving along …
We must make this brief public announcement to protect the innocent.
NOTE: Opinions shared in this newsletter are just that, opinions and nothing more. Read at your own risk. The owner and authors of this site are not responsible for hurt feelings or thin-skinned readers. We do our best to show restraint and respect to the best extent possible. We take as many precautions as possible and try to remain as nonpolitical as possible, however, there are times when I just can't help but point certain things out. Just saying. Stay the course, read what you want, and avoid the rest. Avoid fear porn as much as possible and the day will be okay.) When all else fails…I blame it on Festus. He’s a good guy by the way.
Thoughts for the week – (Some may consider this the tin foil hat area. So, you may want to put on your knee-high boots and anti-foil hat to protect yourself from contamination.) Smile! Just kidding with ya.
I shared with the Thursday evening Zoom group how I am really struggling putting some things in to their proper place with a clear perspective with each passing hour. Even though my mind has prepared and braced for the things we are witnessing, my heart lags behind a bit and seeing our citizens willingly burn property that destroys other citizens dreams and livelihood is tough. This is America. I am now hearing rumblings that some state leadership from non-conservative (is that politically correct) states are talking about cancelling the 4th of July and celebrations over Covid-19 concerns. Hmmm. Did they also cancel protest over Covid-19 concerns? Read between the lines my fellow Patriots. I will leave it at that.
I think it would be appropriate to start this session of “thoughts for the week” by first defining the word sedition. With everything going on around us at the state and federal level, one should keep in mind who works for who and then ask, should there be consequences for the actions we are witnessing in positions of power and authority. You may be fine and your way of life untouched, however many citizens have lost everything and continue to lose their hope.
Sedition: Overt conduct such as speech and organization, that tends toward insurrection against the established order. Sedition often includes subversion of a constitution and incitement of discontent towards, or resistance against established authority.
Since last week’s PENL Edition #59 I received several emails liking the potato box. So, I’m posting it again this week along with a second photo of the same box but with a different design. This one has a side entry door for the user to grab potato’s during the growing process. Here you go.
I have asked this question before and I’m going to ask it again. Our nation is being burned down and we are being told it’s the right of the protester, in turbo mode, to destroy what is around them to allow the release of frustration. Okay. In many cases the police are being told to stand down. Many of the elite are speaking out and calling everyone who doesn’t voice some favorable opinion to the cause, a racist. I’m not voicing any opinion here and just stating facts. My question remains, why does no one voice any opinion or make any effort to stop the murders and blood shed of hundreds of innocent black children in Chicago? Why? These aren’t Police killings. These are humans. They happen to be black. That would be blacks killing blacks and children are often the victims caught in the cross-fire. So, where is the outrage America? Oh, this is not a race issue.
Let me share this with you. I was told not so long ago by two individuals who I respect much. They are black and veterans and hold multiple post graduate degrees. Both are professionally successful. They told me there is no fire alarm going off in Chicago because most African Americans accept black on black crime to include death. It is when a white person takes the life of a black person the problem starts. These are not my words.
Looking at Chicago this has merit, right? A white-cop kills Mr. Floyd and all heck breaks loose. So, my last question would be, if this is the case, why did the riots not happen a few weeks earlier when the former cop and his son gunned down the young black jogger running through a predominantly white neighborhood. It was caught on video as well. No protest. No riots. For people to support a cause I believe it is important to understand the history and what is behind the effort. I served in the military for 20 years and defended the right to exercise the 1st Amendment. That does not include destruction of property, looting, theft, or breaking the law.
Heck, I used my 1st Amendment right one time over what Ms. Lucy put on the dinner table and well, I’m still to this day glad she wasn’t in the room when I openly expressed my thoughts. (smile) BTW, Ms. Lucy is a great cook. Can’t you tell?
During these trying times and what we are witnessing, I ask that you consider keeping our men and ladies in Emergency Services in your prayers. I know through the media and television screen they are figures dressed alike following orders. Just like with anything, we all may witness a couple of cracked eggs in a dozen. Daily, these professionals are trying to rest and recoup to return to duty after extended shifts and overtime hours. They leave behind a family each day with the thought they may not return home. They often have to make decisions in a split second that could end a life to include their own. It is easy to be at home and arm chair quarterback what one should or shouldn’t have done. I have talked about this extensively regarding the importance that each of us knows our tipping point and how to manage stress. These professionals are doing it by the minute, daily. Often times they must wonder if their leadership and fellow professionals will stand with them and support them during a single event. Think about that. The wrong decision could end a career or cost a life. Imagine. This is you; your job, your family, and your life.
We have several first responders in uniform reading this newsletter weekly. I get emails and communicate with them often. They have worries and fear. They are working extended hours with increased stress and threats to their life. Often times they are walking targets because of their profession. Please pray for protective hands to wrap around them to keep them safe and then returned to their family each day. Thank you.
Does anyone else find it a bit odd that a lady was arrested in Dallas for returning to work as a beautician to help her coworkers earn income and church members are ticketed and fined for parking in their car in a parking lot to hear a church service yet it’s okay to send thousands to the streets to rally and protest…without being ticketed for Covid-19 violations. Even though many of the initial protest took place in liberal cities which remained on a stricter Covid-19 lock-down, I heard no calls for protestors to return to their homes to obey the lock downs. Did I miss something or is the Covid-19 maybe not as deadly as once announced? I hear there is a report to be released soon by very high-ranking officials saying the official Covid-19 fiasco may have been officially not what it was cracked up to be. Are we surprised?
Think about this. Many small family owned business owners had to shut down their corner market or hardware store during the Covid-19 crisis. I’m reading many couldn’t qualify for government aid while large box stores did qualify. While states started to reopen the nation takes another hit with the death of Mr. George Floyd. Now riots and protest caused many business owners to remain closed or close again. I am told that in many states, these businesses will not be covered by property insurance because it does not cover damage from rioting and anarchy. This would mean, many of these small stores will likely never reopen again. While large box stores restock and move ahead, these small families will not only lose their way of life but most likely have massive debt over their heads while trying to figure out how to live. The system is broken and it’s not these business owners in the street protesting. Just saying…
I close my thoughts for the week with this. I challenge each reader to soul search and know internally where you stand and what you are willing to stand up for and protect. We have discussed this at length in the Zoom rally meetings the past few weeks. What is important to you and what are you willing to walk past the end of your driveway mailbox to protect. Your family, rights, faith, beliefs, township…. Give it some thought. Maybe you already know the answer to these questions.
Okay, my Patriot friends, the show must move on.
Preparedness News –
1. From Francis Hernandez Singer – Urban Survival - https://urbansurvivalsite.com/highest-calorie-crop-you-can-grow/ - This is a great article. Nice looking garden to enjoy also. The author provides some nice detail on high calorie crops we should consider when planning our future garden and food plans. Many conduct rapid purchases and fail to complete a food plan. How many people are you feeding? How many calories will be needed daily? How long are you planning for in your plan? How do you plan to reach your needed calorie count through types of available foods? Vegetables? Protein? Vitamins? Have you thought about it? Do you have a food calculator to help determine your needs and how much you need?
2. From Lilliania Byington – Food Dive - https://www.fooddive.com/news/doj-clears-pork-industrys-plan-to-collaborate-on-euthanizing-hogs/578172/ - For a country that promotes itself as the shining light on the hill and the beacon of hope, and nearly 1 million homeless humans, how can we justify slaughtering over 750,000 pigs because of a lack of need. What? We are near or over our nations highest unemployment rate ever and citizens living pay day to pay day, if they have a job, and we are destroying a good source? Is it just me that this seems really odd? I read another article earlier talking about supply and demand. The author emphasized how Covid 19 caused an over production of food in the supply chain due to all the public kitchens and eating establishments being closed. Remember, this is the same nation who put man on the moon yet we can’t figure out how to divert this food to the needy? Sorry, this doesn’t fly for me. We give welfare to those in need yet we destroy food that could support the same people? Think about that one.
3. From K. Survival Blog - https://survivalblog.com/introduction-beekeeping-part-1-k-tennessee/ - Bee keeping seems to be a growing hobby and step in a family preparedness plan. I have learned and do know, if one plans to take on this effort they need to have the space and time to be active in learning and caring for the hives.
4. From Bob Rogers – Preppers Will - https://prepperswill.com/wind-power-and-off-grid-living-essential-tips/ - Another great plan if you live in an area where it can be useful and deployed with sufficient wind for wind-power. Many counties also regulate height of a power source to be deployed.
5. From Prepper Survive - http://www.prepperssurvive.com/recharge-a-ham-radio-offgrid/- This is older but still pertinent information for folks possible going off grid or losing power and still needing to power their ham radio system.
Other News –
1. The Burning Platform - https://www.theburningplatform.com/2020/05/24/what-would-cool-hand-luke-virgil-hilts-do/ - As painful as it is for me to watch happen and now say, I do believe the “everyone gets a trophy” movement is now surfacing with the results of this project. We look around at video of the riots and anarchist to see white kids in their early 20s or so and these are the basement dwellers striving to be professional gamers while sucking oxygen from mom and dad’s health insurance and fridge. Folks better wake up and wake up fast before this ship is lost at sea. When a group of protestors/rioters/anarchist demand police kneel and ask for forgiveness and the police follows through and gives in, the ship is about lost and sinking.
2. From Chris Black – Survivopedia - https://www.survivopedia.com/what-will-happen-after-the-supply-chain-breaks/ - The million dollar question I do believe. Americans are so spoiled I do believe many ignore it because they are convinced it will never happen or they simply fail to pay attention to the world around them.
3. From Brandon Smith – Alt-Market - http://alt-market.com/index.php/articles/4241-civil-unrest-is-inevitable-heres-how-it-will-be-exploited-to-bring-in-tyranny - Excellent article from BS. It is basically a continuation of the ongoing saga of where are we headed as a nation.
4. From John Whitehead – The Rutherford Institute - https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/this_is_not_a_revolution._its_a_blueprint_for_locking_down_the_nation - This is good information coming from a Constitutional Attorney on possible hidden motives and agendas behind a disguised cause to what we are experiencing in America. As Rush Limbaugh says “watch the right hand while the left hand is in motion.” Hidden agendas for each cause going forward. We willingly went along with the Patriot Act based on the fear from 911. Did the Covid 19 pandemic also allow further deterioration of our rights and freedoms? We are still restricted in some areas unless we are protestors. Just saying.
5. From Liberty Torch - http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2020/06/for-doubters.html - This is worth the read. Very interesting perspective with lots of numbers and facts in regards to our current circumstances in the nation.
Drum roll........... That's all my Patriot brothers and sisters.
Thank you for your time to read the PENL. I hope you found something to help you in some way. Keep your feet and minds grounded as the world continues towards an unknown destination. Keep the faith and continue doing great things for yourself and others. Keep the emails flowing. Bring new friends and help spread the word on Preparedness. I appreciate you sharing the great things you are doing with your plans and progress forward. Keep chugging ahead.
Remember to find someone who is down do something to give them HOPE.
Hope – Faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see.”
Prayers - Please keep our great nation, our elected leaders, military and first responders in your thoughts and prayers. We should also pray for the citizens and world leaders infected and making decisions to deal with the Covid-19 Coronavirus. Please pray for individuals losing their jobs and who didn't prepare in advance. We should pray for the families who lost their jobs and facilities burned during the riots. I pray for each and every one of our Patriots. May we all be protected from the growing evils surrounding and attacking our families daily. May we pray for all the blessings and things in life to be thankful about and continued hope for revival around the world. Amen. Thank you.
Keep charging and have a safe week. Always remember, we are blessed people.
Bravo Echo Out,