Welcome to the Patriot Express Newsletter (PENL) Edition #62. Thanks for your time and for being here. Ms. Lucy and I certainly appreciate you stopping by to check out news and views for the week. Ms. Lucy appears to be just about past her bout with poison ivy. This is a good thing.
I continue monitoring national and global situations taking place before our eyes and things are getting tense in more than a few American cities. While monitoring events in America keep your eyes and years open to events occurring in North/South Korea, Russia, China/India, and the international waters. While we are weak nationally, we must watch the vessels floating in International waters. We, my Patriot sisters and brothers, must be solid and prepared in our self-reliance efforts sooner than later. I do believe it is time to adjust the green light to yellow.
I want to thank everyone for your emails over the past week. Thanks for your time to write and communicate with me at HFS. I appreciate your efforts much and the opportunity to chat on whatever topic you present for discussion.
Current numbers are Global: Infected – 8,608,533 Dead – 456,949. National: Infected – 2,263,756 Dead – 120,688. I’m reading grumblings of a second wave already occurring now and the recent belief there is a Covid-20 appearing.
Hope for Survival Podcast - We currently have 18 short training type Podcast on the Hope for Survival YouTube Channel covering numerous topics of interest to help in your preparedness planning. You can find Podcast on Canning Chicken, Risk Management, Gun safety, home and personal defense, preparedness training, driving security, interviews with like-minded individuals and other topics. Bring a friend or family member and check out the HFS YouTube page. If you like, hit like and consider subscribing so you are notified when I post something new.
You can visit the Hope for Survival YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxzpwOcydroW96rFBd2Vvw?view_as=subscriber
Thursday Zoom Rallies - Another step we have taken at Hope for Survival is we started a weekly virtual rally through Zoom where we discuss world events and topics of interest with the Patriots attending the rally. We completed week eleven on Thursday and I’m sure this event will continue in the weeks ahead. It is very satisfying to see friendships being built and information and skills being taught and learned. We have also started having different attendees conduct specific briefs within the weekly rally. Next week, June 25, 2020, we will have a special guest speaking to the group. Former Marine and Iraqi War Veteran Christopher Scott from the Christopher Scott Podcast will speak on qualities of leadership and the impact of failed leadership. The date was set up to coincide with the upcoming 4th of July holiday. We are excited to have Christopher join us. This week we had Gun Smoke discussing the three best animals for ease of care, space, and protein. A big thanks to Mr. Dewey Weaver (Gun Smoke) from American Pride Firearm for his time and effort to educate the group further on this topic. These briefs are part of the total zoom rally. You can reach out to Brother Dewey at https://americanpridefirearm.com/ with firearm questions. If you can dream it, draw it, or describe it, he can build it. Give him a shout. Ms. Jan and Mr. Bill from Carolina Readiness provided the group an update on available preparedness supplies, the increasing cost from suppliers, and additional pertinent information on preparedness. We appreciate those who participate in the group and share information to help others learn updates and new skills to consider.
If you have interest in attending a Thursday evening “Hope for Survival” Zoom virtual training event please email me at email@example.com to get on the distribution list for attendance information. The virtual conference room information will not be posted in open on the website for OPSEC reasons.
Additional training: I have sent out emails letting HFS readers know about doing preparedness classes. We have completed three classes to date, Risk Analysis and Management, Family Communication Planning, and this week training is on Preparedness 101. The class description is:
The course covers most, if not all, key requirements for basic Preparedness. Presentation is a course using different types of equipment as examples. First step is understanding the mindset of the sheep and the sheep dog; and risk management planning. The course then addresses food, water, security and sheltering. This course is not about how to fix food but how to build a food plan for short, medium-and-long term storage. The water portion covers how to sanitize and different methods of storage. The sheltering block covers both urban and rural. Additionally. the course covers bugging in and bugging out. And finally, building a security plan; Defense in Depth. What is the point in saving food and water if you don’t have a plan to protect your family and resources? What are you going to do when your neighbor knocks at your door and says “my children are starving?” The objective of this course is to assist individuals to think “out of the box” and build a total plan that provides, food, water, shelter, and security to help families to survive during manmade and natural disasters.
These are free classes. No cost. That is free with no tax. Like, really free. The classes start at 0900 AM EST each Saturday in June. Here are the available courses:
June 6 - 0900 EST - Risk Analysis and Management (90 Minutes) - Completed
June 13 - 0900 EST - Family Communication Planning (90 Minutes)
June 20 - 0900 EST - Preparedness 101 (3 Hours)
June 27 - 0900 EST - Preparedness 102 (90 Minutes)
If you have any desire to take any of these classes please drop me an email to get the Zoom access information to enter the virtual training room. If you wish to donate for the training feel free to do so by hitting the donate button. Or, you can purchase my book as well. All proceeds above cost to print goes to charity. Or you can gain entry with a smile. Pretty easy huh? Most importantly, you can attend for free with no donation or book purchase. Really, it can't get any better than FREE. Right?
Moving along …
We must make this brief public announcement to protect the innocent.
NOTE: Opinions shared in this newsletter are just that, opinions and nothing more. Read at your own risk. The owner and authors of this site are not responsible for hurt feelings or thin-skinned readers. We do our best to show restraint and respect to the best extent possible. We take as many precautions as possible and try to remain as nonpolitical as possible, however, there are times when I just can't help but point certain things out. Just saying. Stay the course, read what you want, and avoid the rest. Avoid fear porn as much as possible and keep your feet grounded. The day will be okay..
Thoughts for the week –
Birthday week was great. I’m pretty low key for the most part and historically choose a simple day to “hang-out” at home, grill a burger or steak, watch a movie….and chill out. I have to tell you it was very nice to have a few Patriots stopping by throughout the week to chat and share some time. There is never enough time to share. I always enjoy time, in person or virtual, with my Patriot sisters and brothers. I wish I could break bread with all of you. Thanks for all your birthday wishes. You are appreciated much. I am blessed.
Ol' Mountain man himself, Festus will be coming to my house Saturday to spend some time catching up and discussing lots of information we have collected and need to analyze on events taking place around the world. We will hopefully find time to record a podcast or two during his visit. Oddly, with the telework situation I'm closer to his location but it seems the work load has allowed less time to get together than before. It's always good to get together, laugh, and solve the worlds problems for one day. Then we start over the next day.
Next... I drove down to Waynesville, N.C. to visit Ms. Jan and Mr. Bill at their Carolina Readiness Supply store. A few other HFS Patriots from the area joined us at the store then we went to break bread together. We always look forward to spending time together and discussing something regarding preparedness and ways to resolve issues. Today we discussed different ways to pull or pump water from different sources to the home. It's amazing what a team can figure out when they work together. BTW, If you are in need of Preparedness supplies I would encourage you to consider contacting the fine folks Carolina Readiness Supply and purchasing your supplies through them. We have to continue doing business with home grown family owned businesses. The thing about Ms. Jan and Mr. Bill is it's not just about buying from them, they are also a wealth of knowledge about information on products and your needs in preparing. They are honest and hard working Patriots who love America and what she stands for. Check them out at https://carolinareadiness.com/. Supplies are becoming hard to locate and many are on back order. Don't get caught without the basics.
Why is it considered to be radical if a person stands up for their beliefs, agree or not agree, and is then considered a crazy minded person with no credibility? We go with the stance the Supreme Court rules on laws as the highest court in the land and does not make laws. Then how on earth did the Supreme Court conclude their most recent decision on Transgender? They basically ruled the Transgender human is neither x or y. They are not the genetic human they are at birth. Think about that. This is not an argument to the psychology of the topic. This is simply how we are born vs the court ruling this week. Did you by chance see all the churches standing at the steps of the Supreme Court taking a stand while the court ruled? Yea, I know, I didn’t either.
Isn’t it interesting that a student studying to be a beautician must go to school for 12 months to get a certificate to carry a curling iron and sharp scissors yet most police officers attend the Police Academy for 8-12 weeks for a graduate certificate to carry a loaded firearm, mace, a stun gun, and use deadly force when justified. Think about that. A beautician hears the customer, ask a question or two about the service the customer request and then starts applying the tools of the trade to perform the haircut or styling procedure. The police officer is thrust in to the town or city, responds to calls from the desk with no knowledge of what will be found upon arrival. A domestic call. Child abuse or abduction. Theft or property damage. A shooting or a murder. The beautician works at a comfortable speed to perform the craft. A police officer responds and must be alert and possibly make a life changing decision with a split second to decide what level of force to engage the problem. A beautician messes up a hair cut and the hair grows back. A police officer makes the wrong decision and a life can be permanently altered or ended.
Is the U.S. Supreme Court supposed to be a representative sampling of the American populace? Did you know there is not one, that is a zero, U.S. Supreme Court Justices who represents the evangelical faith? The current make-up of the justices represents 5 Roman Catholics, 3 Jewish, and 1 Episcopalian. Zero Protestant, in a nation with 46 % Protestant followers.
Did you know the current amount of tax debt per working U.S. citizen is about $209,000. That’s right. Can you write a check to pay off your balance? No worries, if you can’t, it will be passed down to your children and grandchildren. It’s just money, right? Think about the position our grandparents left for us and the position we are leaving for our grandchildren. Did you know our national debt is 113% of our annual GDP?
Suspicion to reality. The other day I was thinking about our nation and where we are at right now. I think back to ten years ago to the many hours of discussion with Festus on events occurring then and how they may play out in the future. Today it is interesting to see so many of those conversations playing out before our eyes. Debt. Economy. Government. Politics. Moral decay in the family, community and country. Attacks on race, success, law enforcement, gender, and the family. So, in many ways it is no surprise to witness the continued delivery of so many things we once thought could happen. Outside of faith, there is no foundation to cross-check and balance against right and wrong. Every aspect of life is being infiltrated by evil. I don’t want to share the outcome of the realities we believe is ahead of us. I will just say this, we believe everyone should have their life in order, love our family and neighbor, and do the best we can do each day to be ethical, moral, and within the boundaries we represent. Be prepared and self-reliant my Patriot sisters and brothers.
I had the chance to log in to a Zoom event with my TMI Sisters and Brothers down in Huntsville, AL. A few of the TMI members had attended the virtual 4th Annual Gen Six event hosted by Steve Quale. During the Zoom rally they shared a video presentation by King Prepper Robert (Bob) Griswold from Ready Made Resources. It was a great presentation presented from a faith-based perspective using Biblical references on our responsibility to prepare. After the video presentation TMI conducted a question/answer period where folks presented questions on the material presented. I appreciate the opportunity to speak to the TMI group on equipment Bob showed during the presentation. Good to see you gents as well as the other TMI attendees. Thanks for the invite, GB and KB.
I want to recommend to you a couple of information sites to add to your viewing. Brannon Howse offers two very informative sites to consider.
You may or may not know that Matt Drudge sold off the Drudge Report a while back and the site is no longer an information site supporting strong conservative information. Brannon has just recently stood up a new site that is like the old Drudge Report but better, in my opinion. You can find the site at: https://www.worldviewreport.com/
Another site stood up by Brannon Howse is the https://www.worldviewweekend.com/tv
I would also encourage you to listen to a recent Hagmann Report hosted by Brannon Howse. This episode offers great information to the looming threats posed by China and Russia. Check it out here https://www.hagmannreportlive.com/evidence-of-approaching-war-brannon-howse-hosts-clare-lopez-bill-federer-full-show-6-17-2020/
Okay, my Patriot friends, the show must move on.
Lastly, I want to put out a challenge. Through all the issues and problems we are witnessing around America and the world, I always hear one name mentioned and what is he going to do to fix these problems. It's a problem for the President. What is the President going to do? How can the President fix all these problems? Yes, he is the President of our great nation. Many of these issues he did not create but is in the seat to try and manage and find solutions to fix. My challenge to you is to ask yourself, "what are you doing to help?" Many of these problems are from the home, community, and townships, around America. Right? So, what are we doing to not only prepare folks, but also reach out and try and bring people together to the best possible extent possible.
Preparedness News –
1. From Urban Survival - https://urbansurvivalsite.com/websites-trade-barter/ - This is an excellent article providing several locations to trade and barter for items you may need. Why pay full price when you may be able to barter for the item(s) you need? This link takes you to roughly 40 sites you can barter on. Check it out.
2. From J. W. Rawles – Survival Blog - https://survivalblog.com/strategies-buying-rural-land/ - I often read or have conversations with folks regarding the desire to move to a rural community and buy land to find peace and raise a family. Even without skills and the financial means, folks will take the plunge and off they go. Not willing to hear or accept the physical and financial hardships they will face. Many resist the words “likely hood of failure” from others who attempted the same desire. This article offers some excellent advice for a person desiring to buy rural property. Things to do before you make the purchase and then afterwards. Do your homework and know what you are getting yourself in to before making the move. This is an excellent read by J.W Rawles. For those not recognizing the name, J.W. is the author of the Patriot and other excellent books.
3. From Ken Jorgustin – Modern Survival Blog - https://modernsurvivalblog.com/security/solar-motion-light/ - I have several of these lights around my property and they work great. You will find them in different sizes, options and cost. If memory serves me correct, I purchased mine from Home Depot. I have never had to replace the backup batteries because the primary power source, solar, has worked great for several years. The only caution I would mention is squirrels like to chew on the cable linking the solar to the box holding the lights.
4. From Bob Rodgers – Preppers Will - https://prepperswill.com/vitamin-b-deficiency-and-effects/ - One of the top three items you must personally address is your spiritual, physical and psychological well-being. This article would fall under your physical and possibly psychological areas. Some articles suggest we all have a vitamin B deficiency. The author makes some good points in the article on Vitamin B.
5. From Preppers Survive - http://www.prepperssurvive.com/testing-faraday-bags/ - This article is dated a few years however what works and doesn’t work doesn’t change very much unless the product is updated or changed to some degree. I added this topic this week because I have been having multiple conversations on the topic of EMP protection and a few ways to test your faraday protection with home made faraday cages. Hope this helps you out in some manner.
Other News –
1. From Mike Whitney – Unz News - https://www.unz.com/mwhitney/do-deep-state-elements-operate-within-the-protest-movement/ - Anyone who believes the riots are spontaneous should be examined. It was so spontaneous the pre-printed signs just appeared along with the bricks, explosives and barriers blocking major streets in the city just appeared with the snap of one’s fingers. Abracadabra ---- Let’s be real. Financial support to these events, logistical levels, manpower and resource levels are not results of a simple snap of the finger.
2. From Tyler Durden – Zero Hedge - https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/us-industrial-production-disappoints-equals-weakest-annual-collapse-1946 - Don’t watch the Stock Market or you will miss the true economic picture of the nation. It is easy to print billions of dollars and stick in the market through the Plunge Teams located on Wall Street.
3. From Brandon Smith – Alt-Market -https://www.alt-market.com/index.php/articles/4252-a-tip-for-the-chaz-republic-start-thinking-like-conservatives – Outstanding article and a nice behind the lines discussion on realities and depths of starting a community. If you are attending the upcoming Preparedness 101 and 102 Zoom virtual training classes, I would encourage you to read this article beforehand. Especially the Prep 102. We can’t do the Prep 103 class virtually but this would be a great addition to the training for folks to read before the training class. This article also shows and proves the importance of proper planning and the results of not planning for the planned duration of the event.
4. From Liberty Torch - http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/ - If you take a minute and read this article, take note of the indicators to watch for that signifies a declining community. It can happen to a city, town, or community. If you start to see these indicators you better start stepping up and out in your community to learn more and determine at that point if you can be part of the solution to stop the continued spiral or do you need to make additional plans and preparations specific to your family and neighborhood.
5. From Andrew Moran – Liberty Nation - https://www.libertynation.com/modern-monetary-theory-the-gateway-to-unlimited-spending/ - Spending nearly 1 trillion dollars per month the past quarter, one must wonder where the money is coming from…and how you will contribute to paying it back. What will you sacrifice from your family budget to repay the debt the government is spending without your approval? The current individual amount owed per citizen is more than anyone citizens wants to hear, yet, some will continue voting for the same free spending politicians without hesitation. Yes, voting has consequences and so does not voting.
Drum roll........... That's all my Patriot brothers and sisters.
Thanks much for your time to read the PENL and hanging with us at Hope for Survival for a few minutes. We all have different desires in news and what we read at different points in our day. Hopefully HFS has provided information to stimulate your thinking and the realities around us. It is important for you to keep your feet and minds grounded as the world continues towards an unknown destination. Keep the faith and continue doing great things for yourself and others. Keep the emails flowing. Bring new friends and help spread the word on Preparedness. I appreciate you sharing the great things you are doing with your plans and progress forward.
Prayers - Please keep our great nation, our elected leaders, military and first responders in your thoughts and prayers. We should also pray for the citizens and world leaders infected and making decisions to deal with the Covid-19 Coronavirus. Please pray for individuals losing their jobs and who didn't prepare in advance. We should pray for the families who lost their jobs and facilities burned during the riots. I pray for each and every one of our Patriots. May we all be protected from the growing evils surrounding and attacking our families daily. May we pray for all the blessings and things in life to be thankful about and continued hope for revival around the world. Amen. Thank you.
Keep charging and have a safe week. Always remember, we are blessed people.
Bravo Echo Out,