Greetings and welcome to the PENL Edition #96. Thanks for stopping in to spend a bit of your valuable time to read the PENL. I realize your time is important and having you here on the Hope for Survival website means a great deal. We don't take your time for granted and appreciate you coming back week after week for 96 straight weeks.
The week started with Ms. Lucy and I returning to our home in East TN for the weekend and to find a bit of snow in the Tennessee hills. It was beautiful to see. We are surrounded by the Smokey Mountains and they are beautiful when snow capped. We had a day or two to relax and adjust to being home again. Granted being here part time the past eight years means we always have something to do here to try and keep the place caught up. We do take time to enjoy and appreciate our surroundings.
If you are a guest or newcomer to the HFS journey, please check out this link for additional information offered through HFS. https://www.hopeforsurvival.com/post/guest-and-newcomers-information-page
Thursday Zoom Rallies – We had Zoom Rally series #41 as HFS continues the Thursday night series discussing preparedness related topics like gardening, building preparedness groups and leadership to name a few. We also continued our discussion on "things we should be doing" at the local level to take back our great nation. I want to give a big shout of thanks to our special guest who joined us on short notice to share their personal preparedness journey and how their faith and the Hope for Survival book helped guide them on their path to be better prepared. We also discussed the importance of leadership in the home and community. I will address these suggested steps below in my thoughts for the week. I appreciate everyone who attended and participated in conversation on the topics covered. We continue moving forward on group building in multiple states and regions. If you wish to attend a Zoom Rally monitor the website for each weekly notification for the upcoming meeting.
I'm really pleased with the ongoing HFS preparedness group meetings and growth the teams are showing through their meetings and team building. Localized team growth and training is essential to develop individuals and team skills. Thanks for the team reports and agendas you are providing back to me. Keep up the great work.
Mark your calendar for May 21-23, 2021, and make plans to attend Heritage Life Skills in Waynesville, NC. If you have never attended this event it is a must for the serious preparedness minded individual and family. This event is sponsored by Carolina Readiness Supply. Be watching for CRS to start sign ups coming soon.
Communications: You can now follow HFS social media on the following outlets:
Facebook – Hope for Survival
YouTube Channel – Hope for Survival
MeWe: - //mewe.com/p/hopeforsurvival2
You can watch the most recent HFS YouTube video, HFS February 2021 Update, posted this week at https://youtu.be/YWEb88JLkfQ
Connect and give me a shout. Share with family and friends.
Moving along …
We must make this brief public announcement to protect the innocent.
Ding, Ding, Ding....Attention HFS readers..... Opinions shared in this newsletter are just that, opinions, and nothing more. Read at your own risk. The owner and author of this site is not responsible for hurt feelings or thin-skinned readers. I do my best to show restraint and respect to the best extent possible. I take as many precautions as possible and try to remain as nonpolitical as possible, however, there are times when I just can't help but point certain things out. Occasionally I use words only Patriots recognize and understand. It's not personal against any non-Patriot. It's just the truth. Sometimes we must pull up our spenders and suck it up. Just saying. Stay the course, read what you want, and avoid the rest. Avoid fear porn as much as possible and the day will be okay. When all else fails… Keep the faith and always have Hope.
As HFS continues to grow, I believe it's important to remind everyone respect and honor is important to the HFS family and mission. We welcome everyone aboard and hope you find a comfortable place to hang around and learn preparedness. I know you will find the HFS family offers some amazing people. With multiple platforms (Zoom, Signal, and Comment section in articles) to interact with other HFS members, I remind everyone to treat one another with respect. We all come from different backgrounds, ages, experiences, and desires. Disrespecting, demeaning or intimidating comments will not be tolerated on any account.
Let’s move along and get to some thoughts...
Thoughts for the week –
On this morning I am watching out the window as the sun rises over the East Tennessee mountains. It is a work of our creator and beautiful beyond words. How could something so peaceful, powerful, and beautiful be shining over a nation with so many issues and problems. Over the past months and specifically recent weeks I have wondered internally "why" and "how can we fix the problem?
We must all admit we didn't get to this point overnight and we must also admit we have stayed busy in our own life and let this current course take shape and fall in to place. We are so busy and involved in our own life and basically ignored happenings taking place without minimal effort to step out and say "enough is enough." We mainly vented and expressed our displeasure while ending our day in our favorite evening position. A recliner, a remote control, and our eye lids partially opened.
From our education system to our national debt. Laws and movements changing the moral fabric we grew up taking for granted. Admit it, we have taken many of our liberties as a given and believed they would always be as we grew up with. Right? We once could agree to disagree with a family member or neighbor and still share dinner and laugh. Today families and friends are at war over politics and the direction of our nation. We are divided to the point many talk of a civil war in our great nation.
Many citizens hid behind the walls of a church and believed they would be protected and hidden from the evils outside in the communities. The belief that the separation of church and state would always protect them from the government. How did that work out for this mind set? Now many churches are 501C3 organizations receiving tax benefits from the same government they hide from. Oh, accept the 501C3 benefit and the government will tell you how to run your church and what you can do and not do based on moral rights of what the government deems appropriate. How has this worked out? The Sunday message must conform with government laws and policies and not scripture interpretation of the message giver.
Currently the new administration is signing Executive Orders as fast as the ink will flow. Roughly 50 in 20 days. One specific EO of concern is EO 12333. This EO signed on December 4, 1981 by U.S. President Ronald Reagan, was an Executive Order intended to extend powers and responsibilities of U.S. intelligence agencies and direct the leaders of U.S. federal agencies to co-operate fully with CIA requests for information. The 911 Commission introduced recommendations to allow the CIA to work and share information with the FBI on domestic related cases. By law the CIA is forbid from operating on US soil. The new effort to the existing EO is to expand previous allowances to use all government agencies to target US citizens as domestic terrorist threats. Several states are taking action to prevent federal laws from impacting or diminishing 1st and 2nd Amendment rights as written in the US Constitution.
Over the past months and more specifically the past month the HFS Thursday Zoom group continues talking about a direction citizens can take to change the direction of the nation. We previously had Sheriff Mack (Ret-AZ) as a guest speaker to discuss the role of the Sheriff in the county and the over reach of the Federal Government in to state business and the rights of private citizens.
The time has arrived when citizens can no longer live on cruise control and must step out to get involved. Most alternative news sites are voicing the same direction as what I'm about to suggest to you. and have been suggesting for the past six months. Get involved at the local and state level. Things you should consider doing:
- Make sure your home is in good order before going to the community to tell them how messed up things appear to be.
- Understand the power of your voice and vote
- Get knowledgeable of your rights and laws protecting you. You can't make the argument if you don't know the basic foundation of your rights and where they come from.
- Know who your Sheriff is and where he/she stand on their rights, citizens rights, and the Constitution of the United States.
- Set up an appointment with the Sheriff and go visit same face to face.
- Take part in your community meetings such as Town Hall and Chamber of Commerce when allowed. Let your positions be heard respectfully and when you are out voiced, come back with more voices supporting your positions and causes.
- Know your elected candidates. Where do they stand on your faith, moral values, taxes, and citizen rights?
- Support and vote for the best candidate who supports your faith and values.
- Write letters and emails to elected officials in your local, state, and Federal positions and respectfully voice your positions and support or non-support to their votes and positions.
- Social media is under the control of big Tech so use alternative sources such as newspapers and billboards to support your cause and rights.
- Encourage and support your state officials to pass legislation stating your state will not recognize federal laws or mandates that infringes on citizen rights that are protected under the US Constitution.
- Go to Hillsdale College and take the free online series on the Constitution.
- Obtain copies and read the following books:
We the People - County Sheriff American's Last Hope by Sheriff Richard Mack - Sheriff Richard Mack – Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (cspoa.org) (website) Book - The County Sheriff: America’s Last Hope – Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (cspoa.org)
Saving the Constitution by Dr. Richard Proctor PHD - Books of The Provis Institute |- You must read and understand the information in this book to go out and win your argument.
These are some starting points to put in to a plan of action. But, none of these steps will work if you stay at home and do nothing. One of the most asked questions I hear today is "what can we do" and "who can we address our concerns to for change" If you don't take action you have no grounds to complain as things continue to spiral out of control. Cold simple truth.
If you are not bothered by boys competing on girls sports teams, men using your granddaughters restroom, parents being able to wait until the age of five to declare the sexual orientation of a child, a 30 trillion dollar national debt, one political party telling supporters to go to the street and create violent acts while accusing an outgoing president of promoting violence, promoting the destruction private property in cities around America, expanding government power to spy and arrest private citizens for acts protected under the US Constitution, freeing arrested illegal immigrants who broke our laws, not protecting our nations border, forcing our citizens in to wearing mask while family owned businesses are shutting down daily, Tax dollars paying for transgender surgery for military personnel, illegal immigrants coming in to our nation without Covid-19 vaccinations yet many of our children remain out of school because of the Covid-19 threat, and the list goes on.
The time is now. We can no longer wait and point our fingers at the other guy. If you are hiding behind faith and the walls of a church you may wish to find another church. If a pastor tells you to do something to support the points made above that are against your moral beliefs you may wish to find another church.
Time is up and our call to respond is now. Not with weapons but with our moral foundations and voices to get this ship back on course. We don't want our grandkids sharing stories how we failed them and we let the nation go down with the Titanic. Don't allow political correctness and being called a racist deter you from right and wrong. This is our time to demonstrate what we are made of. Be a leader and not a follower. Don't voice what is wrong if you don't have a solution to fix it. Know what you are talking about and win your points with knowledge and facts.
What say you?
Okay, lets move along to the news…
Preparedness News –
1. From Faraday Cap - Faraday Cap – Lambs (getlambs.com) - I do not own one of these products and I just recently learned of the ball cap. Think of it as a faraday cage for your head. Except, it is protecting you from radiation from 4g and 5g signals. (Thanks Patriot Rick for submitting this to HFS)
2. Prep School Daily - Prep School Daily: Eighteen Ways to Use the Juice and Syrup from Canned Fruits - In my own food preparedness dealing with fruits is probably my biggest concern. Canned fruits seem to not last as long as regular canned foods. Reading this article and learning ways to utilize the syrup and juice adds alternatives to my planning measures.
3. From Old World Garden Steps - How To Grow Zucchini In Straw Bales - Get Ready For A Big Harvest! (oldworldgardenfarms.com) - As I age and my back and body tells me so I'm looking for alternate methods to garden without having to bend over. This is a great alternative to planting in the soil and having to tend to the growth bent over to the ground.
4. From Tim Makay - Modern Survival Online - 6 Places to Safely Store Large Amounts of Cash (modernsurvivalonline.com) - As simple as this may sound, most people ignore this important step when planning for hiding cash at home and when mobile. From secret compartments in the belt to hiding rolled cash inside the straps on a backpack, securing your cash is very important.
5. From Rebekah P - Ask a Prepper - 10 Cast Iron Cooking Mistakes You Need To Stop Making Right Now - Ask a Prepper - We have collected a nice set of cast iron cooking resources over time and caring for each of the items is time consuming but critical for long time care.
6. From Bryan Lynch - Survival Cache - 9 Ways to Find Water in the Wild: Survival 101 - Survival Cache - The most important resource you will need to survive is one that is often neglected. Knowing how to look for water when it isn't available could mean the difference between your life and facing death.
Other News –
1. From Brandon Smith - Birch Gold Group - Community Resilience and Self-Reliance vs. the Great Reset (birchgold.com) - BS addresses a topic I'm often a part of. What better way to be prepared. Precious metals and our local community. Self-sustainment. (Thanks Patriot Sissy for submitting this to HFS)
2. From Martin Banks - Survivopedia - How to Escape a Compromised Survival Shelter | Survivopedia - Do you ever give thought to the "what if" in your planning? You should. What is your plan if you are burned out or get overrun in your planned bug out location? Do you have an exit plan to flee and a place to go? Have you planned a cache of resources outside your alternative location? Give it some thought.
3. From Charles Yor - Survival Sullivan - Team Tactics for Preppers: On-Foot Movement and Procedures | Survival Sullivan - I'm convinced many believe it is as easy as walking out of the house to find the threat on the back of the property and simply approaching the threat and resolving it. Little regard is given to how to get from point A to B without being detected or picked off by a secondary threat hiding in the woods or behind a barn. Don't be your own worse nightmare.
4. From Martin Armstrong - Armstrong Economics - Forecasts | Armstrong Economics - Mr. Armstrong provides his weekly forecast for your review.
That's all my Patriot brothers and sisters.
Thanks for your time to read the PENL and hanging out with us for a while. We all have different desires in news and what we read at different points in our day. Hopefully HFS has provided information to stimulate your thinking and the realities around us. It is important for you to keep your feet and minds grounded as the world continues towards an unknown destination. You probably noticed HFS is focused more on your personal and community preparedness than politics in Washington, DC. If you wish to change Washington D.C., get involved at your community and state level.
Keep the emails flowing. I thoroughly enjoy reading your stories and hearing what preparedness projects you are working on. Reaching the objective in our effort is rewarding. Go bring new friends and help spread the word on Preparedness. Visit the HFS YouTube page (221) Hope For Survival - YouTube and check out the numerous preparedness videos. Subscribe and hit like. It’s a minimal price to pay for free information. Or come visit HFS on MeWe.
Prayers - Please keep our great nation, our elected leaders, military and first responders in your thoughts and prayers. We pray for good health and wisdom.. Please pray for our leadership to find answers and guidance to the problems facing our great nation. Please pray for the former President and his family. May your faith remain strong and answers to the unknown provided. God is good and may our prayers blanket and protect you and your situation. May peace be cast upon us and protect us each day through the unknown path ahead. I pray for each, and every one of our Patriots. I'm thankful for the safe return of our Patriot sister and brother to their home in Georgia. I pray for those who are out of work and needing work quickly. May we pray for all the blessings and things in life to be thankful about and continued hope for revival around the world. We must continually pray for the unsaved, our family and friends who live each day without the protection for eternal life and salvation. Amen.
Keep charging and have a safe week. Don’t allow the events around us to create fear in your life. Stay focused and don't chase rabbits. Build your own self-reliance and focus on hope. Remember we are a blessed nation and we must continue to be great people.
Bravo Echo Out,