From Heidi - Homesteadsurvivalsite - https://homesteadsurvivalsite.com/probiotic-lemonade/
A better alternative is to eat foods with probiotics or make yourself some probiotic lemonade. The lemonade is fairly easy to make, and this video by Off Grid With Doug & Stacy explains how.
Here's what you need:
* Juice from 6-8 lemons *1/2 cup of whey
* 1/2 cup of raw sugar or sucanat
* 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
* 2 quarts of filtered water
There are many ways to make whey, but one simple method is to put a coffee filter into a skimmer and set that on top of an open glass jar. Then just put some yogurt into the filter, and over time, whey will drip down into the jar.
Here's how to make the lemonade:
1. Mix all the ingredients in a large glass container with a screw-on lid.
2. Seal the jar tightly and shake it up really well.
3. Put it in a dark location and keep it at room temperature for 2-3 days.
4. Skim off any foam that has risen to the top.
5. Cover tightly and refrigerate.
6. The lemonade will get more flavorful with time.
Bravo Echo Out