Greetings and welcome to the PENL Edition #110. Thanks for stopping by to spend some of your time with us at HFS. It was another busy week at HFS as we push our way towards the end of May. Crazy times we are living through, huh? The CDC can't seem to decide who is on first base and who is at bat. They hold a press conference to announce new rules that changes the entire playing field. Like I said, do we know who is in charge of anything? Crazy times in deed. .
Heritage Life Skills is here. Finally. The annual event brings like minded Patriots from around the South Eastern US of A as well as other locations together to learn preparedness. This is the single event annually many of us who are in to preparedness looks forward to attending. Here's a few pictures from the HFS Thursday evening rally many arrived early to attend. We had nearly 50 preparers from over 10 states. I want to pass along a huge thanks to three Patriot sisters from Roxboro, and Hickory, N.C. for putting this event together. Thanks to everyone who arrived to Waynesville, NC a day early to share a meal and spend time with the HFS family.
Hope for Survival - The Mindset is book two in the HFS series and is available now. You can order the book through this website now. I will also have the book available during Heritage Life Skills in Waynesville, NC, May 20-23, 2021. I would like to thank Ms. Lucy for her time and effort to help me move this project along. I also want to thank Festus, Ms. G and Sir B, Ms. J and Mr. B, and Patriot T.M. for her art work on the cover. Your time and effort means more than words can express.
Book 1 in the HFS series focused on building preparedness plans to survive, Book II focuses on preparing yourself. Preparing your mental toolbox to stay outside the box and left of bang. Check it out. Book II is $10 plus shipping. You can purchase a signed copy at this link: Survival, Preparedness, Disaster Management for individuals or family (hopeforsurvival.com) Make sure to click on the link to the right if you desire a copy of The Mindset.
Thursday Zoom Rallies – There was no zoom meeting this week and it will resume next Thursday evening with a special guest speaker. Hope you can attend.
New Hope for Survival YouTube video: The Coming Storm
Communications: You can now follow HFS social media on the following outlets:
Facebook – Hope for Survival
YouTube Channel – Hope for Survival
MeWe: - //mewe.com/p/hopeforsurvival2
Connect and give me a shout. Share with family and friends.
Moving along …
If you are a guest or newcomer to the HFS journey, please check out this link for additional information offered through HFS. https://www.hopeforsurvival.com/post/guest-and-newcomers-information-page
We must make this brief public announcement to protect the innocent.
Ding, Ding, Ding....Attention HFS readers..... Opinions shared in this newsletter are just that, opinions, and nothing more. Read at your own risk. The owner and author of this site is not responsible for hurt feelings or thin-skinned readers. I do my best to show restraint and respect to the best extent possible. I take as many precautions as possible and try to remain as nonpolitical as possible, however, there are times when I just can't help but point certain things out. Occasionally I use words only Patriots recognize and understand. It's not personal against any non-Patriot. It's just the truth. Sometimes we must pull up our spenders and suck it up. Just saying. Stay the course, read what you want, and avoid the rest. Avoid fear porn as much as possible and the day will be okay. When all else fails… Keep the faith and always have Hope.
Let’s move along and get to some thoughts...
Thoughts for the week –
A loyal HFS Patriot brother shared a story with me this week that pretty much sums up where we are today. Not everyone is like this however it is a true sense of our culture today.
He was was telling a group of us who had met to break bread and chat around preparedness and team building. He works hard and continues striving to bring like minded Patriots together to be part of a team to bond, learn, train, and grow under the team concept. He was sharing how each Sunday he goes to church with two, five gallon buckets, filled with fresh vegetables from his garden. He offers the vegetables for the taking to anyone who wishes to have them. Each week the buckets are emptied and he has been doing the same deed each week while vegetables are available.
Recently, he went to church with empty buckets and had attached a note that said he had tomato plants to give to anyone who wished to have one or more. Matter of fact he had a pickup truck bed full of tomato plants. He put forth the effort to raise and nurture the plants and then load to share with others. At the end of the service it was time to go home. How many plants do you believe he had left in his truck? Try again. Nope. He had all the plants. Not a single person took a free tomato plant he had offered. Think about that.
All the free vegetables the previous weeks went home with others. The tomato plants remained with my friend. The point of my story is to show, again, many of those around us wish to have someone else put forth the effort to raise and do the work. When my friend provided the mechanism to have many free tomatoes they passed because it meant work. Think about that one when you decide how prepared those around you may be. These will be the same people knocking at your door wanting food because they didn't prepare. Convenience.
As we journey through this path of the unknown a question I often ask my family and friends is what mitigation have you taken to offset the numerous risk around us. Fuel, food, economics, government, national and global unknowns, civil strife, continued attacks against religion, federal debt, vaccinations and on and on.
At HFS we teach risk mitigation and how to identify and combat the possible threats through a risk mitigation process to lead you to self-reliance. Most people ignore this process. Really. They do. They go buy food and other resources but they never stop to think about what they are preparing for in their location. They have food but they do not know who they will be feeding. What if they lose power short or long term. How will they prepare this food? When your community turns off the utilities because no one goes to work, what is your plan? Have you planned for your financial security? Bonds, IRA's, precious metals, land, and resources? Did you do anything at all? Just like your resources, one should also look at their financial situation and decide how to mitigate risk and protect your hard earned money. No matter how good or bad the day is we must stand our ground, be hopeful and positive, and already know the steps and actions to be taking right now to be prepared. I came across this uplifting video by John Lovell at the Warrior Poet Society and wanted to share it with you. John is one of my favorite voices to get reality checks but not in a delivery that is deflating. John is realistic. Check this out.
I was talking to my pal Wilson recently and we got in to a heavy discussion about secret squirrel stuff. I was running some things by him and he played it cool and seemed sincere in his responses. I was sharing some of my past life with him and how it was very important to practice OPSEC as well as stay off the radar and share as little as possible about what one does in real life or in their past life. He shared it was pretty much the same in the squirrel world because it was very common for other squirrels to be watching for signature marks, trends, and routines he may use that would lead the other adversarial squirrels back to his nest where his family is located as well as his stash of food. Good preparedness practices indeed.
I was telling him about this Newsweek article I recently read how 60,000 or more troops and contractors are being used in this same type of covert operation to collect information on others globally. He related very well except when I started talking about cyber security and hacks that could threaten identity of the target, friend or foe, and further lead to damaging exposure to the outside world. He told me I should share the article with the Patriot types so here it is. Exclusive: Inside the Military's Secret Undercover Army (newsweek.com) This is the world we now live fellow Patriots. Take notice and adjust accordingly. (Thanks Festus for sharing this article)
Several years ago (3) when I first started writing and then started Hope for Survival, I wrote articles and recommended books on Technocracy, Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things, the Global Brain, and other areas of interest everyone should be learning and monitoring the Agenda 2030 guise. HFS warned everyone to get up to speed and learn it because it was just around the corner. Now, a few years later, many still are not paying attention and I still get the "you've lost your mind" look when discussing these topics with others. Yes, it is like another planet and many still refuse to walk past their mailbox and fear what is beyond. It is as if people believe if they don't learn it and know it then it will never impact them. Wrong answer I must tell you. It is here and if it doesn't scare the socks off of you, you may wish to not pass the mailbox and get back in the house. Hurry. Quicker, it is catching you. If you have yet to learn what the Internet of things is about you will really not take well to a new term called the internet of bodies. It is personal and it could be about you. Check this out. The 'Great Reset' Meets the Internet of Bodies: Manipulating Human Behavior with Authoritarian Surveillance (sociable.co)
Okay, lets move along to the news…
Preparedness News –
1. From Joel Jefferson - Survival Cache - The Survival Food Pyramid - Survival Cache - You would be amazed to know the number of people who buy lots of food for their preparedness plans and never write anything down. Nope. No clue. No plans. And no effort to do so. Heck, many will not even know if what they have can provide a healthy diet.
2. From Nature Mentoring - How To Start Learning About Plants (Plant basics & steps for ID) (nature-mentor.com) - When the system fails and the trucks no longer transport products to the local store, what will you use? Anything on this topic is great to print for your printed library.
3. From Mellissa Norris - Planting A Fruit Guild - Planting a Fruit Tree Guild (melissaknorris.com) - I was telling a fellow preparer earlier in the week how having fruit trees can be like having small toddlers to care about and learn their grunts and screams. Having fruit trees is easy. Growing fruit and getting fruit is not so easy. If you plan to have fresh fruit from your fruit trees I would recommend you learn to understand your fruit trees now. Just saying.
I am in year four of fruit trees and my hope has been this could be the year. I see fruit early on and then bam, hey are either on the ground or gone. I read about an organic product called Neem oil and I have been spraying the fruit trees about every two weeks to a month. The difference so far has been amazing. Healthier looking leaves and lots of fruit early on. Here's a few pictures I took this week.
4. From Jeannie Beales - Homesteading Hippy - Farm Versus Store Bought Eggs What Are the Differences? * The Homesteading Hippy - I know my answer. What is yours? I'm farm egg all the way. A good friend to HFS has the most amazing eggs produced by Diane and the feathered crew. I kid you not. These eggs look like Easter eggs with beautiful colored shells. I digress. Personally, I love eggs from the farm floor and not the grocery store.
5. From James L - Plan and Prepared - What you need to know about preparing for a possible gun ban - Plan and Prepared - I had to laugh when I first viewed this article. I have heard this story 1000 times or more. Probably more. We should buy scuba gear and take up diving because the amount of preparedness resources under water is massive. Everyone seemed to lose it all off the side of their boat. Seriously, this is a good article to check out.
Other News –
1. From - Epoch Times - American Airlines Investigating Pilot Who Opposes School District’s Critical Race Theory Plan (theepochtimes.com) - First it was Delta Airlines requiring Covid-19 vaccinations and now many are censoring employees. Soon we won't need a government because Big Tech, large Corporations and AI will be censoring, identifying and destroying private citizens.
2. From - CBS News - UFOs regularly spotted in restricted U.S. airspace, report on the phenomena due next month - 60 Minutes - CBS News - Remember as a child when you watched black and white television shows depicting UFO's and aliens? It was okay to watch and play around this theory as long as you realized it was Hollywood and not true. Remember the creepy music used to spook you while watching the silly stories? Now, the US Government is in full court press to make sure Americans and the world know, UFOs exist. Really? Do you ever wonder why it takes the government so long to realize they announce things when most Americans already figured it out. I believe Covid-19 could be put in the same category. Education? Probably. Big Tech? For sure. So, what is our problem to continually be fed a line of dog crud and smile like we enjoy it? The link above is a good story on UFO's continually spotted in US restricted air space. It has to be true, right? What worries me is the government is allowing this story to be discussed by a puppet journalist organization to the US populace. In French this means the story line will fit the narrative approved by the government. If you are brave enough to peek around the corner to learn more information on UFOs search the topic Operation Paperclip and Project Bluebook. On a second thought, we have been lied to for most of our life so maybe the alien saga is still a lie. Hmmm. Makes me wonder why the Captain Crunch cereal box didn't have a warning alerting the eater to the hero becoming Captain Soggy quickly. We have way to much to worry about in this life, don't we? Check this out.
3. From - John Whitehead - The Rutherford Institute - The Rutherford Institute :: Police Cannot Carry Out Warrantless Home Invasions To Seize Guns as Part of ‘Community Caretaking’ Duties, Rules U.S. Supreme Court | - Hmmm, instead of typing more words of thought here I will just suggest read the comments under No 2. You must believe it because the government and the courts told you so, one way or the other. Fair enough?
4. From - RT News - Supreme Court takes on major Mississippi abortion case that could roll back Roe v. Wade — RT USA News - I could be wrong but I do believe this will be the first real challenge to Roe vs Wade in the past 50 years. I think back to a comment former President Trump made back around 2016. He said he would ensure he placed Supreme Court Judges to take a hard look at this standing court decision allowing for the murder of millions of babies over the years. Mississippi has one of the most stringent state abortion laws on the books today.
5. From D Renegade - NC Renegade - How Values Have Changed | NC Renegades - A great story for sure. I don't know if you follow NC Renegade or not but you should. I asked this question to our zoom group about a year ago. It is very true. Historically our nation, institutions, educational system, and military branches all had defined values and standards. If you believe we have not changed as a nation simply do your own research. Even the greatest military on earth since WW II, has been adjusting and changing standards to meet numbers and qualify troops for the battle field. While we slept we became a dumbed down society. Yawnnn
That's all my Patriot brothers and sisters.
Thanks for your emails and messages. Many of the emails I receive are uplifting. I enjoy hearing from you throughout the week and sharing your preparedness projects and accomplishments. Thanks for your time to read the PENL and hanging out with us for a while. I'm with many of the HFS readers in Waynesville, NC this weekend so if you aren't with us you are missing out. Not rubbing it in though. I will email you back as soon as possible.
Prayers - Please keep our great nation, our elected leaders, military and first responders in your thoughts and prayers. We pray for good health and wisdom. Please pray for our leadership to find answers and guidance to the problems facing our great nation. Please pray for the former President and his family. May your faith remain strong and answers to the unknown provided. God is good and may our prayers blanket and protect you and your circumstances. I pray for each, and every one of our Patriots.
Please pray for wisdom, energy, and efforts as the Carolina Readiness crew engages hundreds arriving to attend Heritage Life Skills 2021.
Please pray for the many who are traveling to and from Waynesville, NC for Heritage Life Skills this weekend. Many people will be on the highway from many states to convene in Western NC for 72 hours and then depart. Prayers for protection, vision, wisdom and wise choices.
May we pray for all the blessings and things in life to be thankful about and continued hope for revival around the world. We must continually pray for the unsaved, our family and friends who live each day without the protection for eternal life and salvation.
As Patriots we must stay strong and never give up. Our home, community and nation needs us now more than ever. Our nation suffers in many areas. The hole will only get deeper. The headwinds are strong against us but we must keep charging. Have a safe week. Don't allow the events around us to create fear in your life. Build your own self-reliance and focus on hope. Remember we are a blessed nation and we must continue to be great people today and make a better tomorrow. Keep charging."
Bravo Echo Out,