Patriot Express Newsletter Edition #206
Greetings and welcome to the Patriot Express Newsletter Edition #206. If you want to try and convince me the square ball is more likely to fit in the round hole, then I may even believe someone is Washington D.C. has our best interest in mind. At this point I do believe Joe Dirt (movie) would have a higher likelihood of being successful. I don't like starting the weekly newsletter off with a negative comment, but my squirt gun is all out of water and I'm shooting flames about now. The insanity in place that continues forward is beyond.
I was on the road most of the week in Huntsville, AL doing day job stuff, so it has been a race to get this week's newsletter ready on time. Speaking of Huntsville, AL, I got to see some of our HFS Patriot family over dinner and had a great time breaking bread and conversing on multiple topics such as world events, the nation, local politics, faith and preparedness. We enjoyed a new likeminded Patriot sister who joined us for the evening. It was great to see everyone again. Thank you for taking out time to join me for dinner. I did have a fantastic meal at Cracker Barrel in Huntsville, AL. Sirloin steak, biscuits and gravy, grits, and hashbrown potatoes with a couple eggs. I typically would not try the steak, but I did and was surprised at the quality.
I'm still finding and hearing stories of lots of Ding Dong and Twinkie eating want to be preparers out in the world. They continue to tell me everything that is wrong with the world and more yet when asked "what are you doing about it" I get the proverbial wagon full of excuses. As I often say, don't let yourself become the point of failure point for your family. Not preparing is preparing to fail.
My schedule the next couple months is a bit crazy, and I will do my best to keep things moving forward and on time. Lots and lots of training in different locations around the southeastern US in TN, KY, and multiple stops in NC. If anything changes, I will try and let you know ahead of time.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, to those who donated to the 2023 donation drive already. Bless you and thank you so much. You are the fuel to keep the HFS mission rolling forward another year. We are halfway through March and have received about 75% of our needed goal for the year. Thanks again to those who already donated. Your generosity is much appreciated. It's not too late to donate and help us achieve our 100% goal for 2023. We hope you will consider doing as much.
Let us move along....
Communications: You can now follow HFS social media on the following outlets:
Facebook – Hope for Survival -Join us for daily posts on preparedness.
YouTube Channel – Hope for Survival
MeWe: - //mewe.com/p/hopeforsurvival2
Odysee - Hope for Survival (odysee.com)
HFS Thursday Zoom Session -HFS Zoom Rally #105 was conducted, and the agenda presented discussions on fear and open chatter between all attendees on ongoing projects, positive and negative results, and efforts going in to the spring months. Thanks to everyone who attended.
Check out HFS YouTube. - HFS interviews Homesteaders Kathy and Mike who shares over 30 years of homesteading experience, lessons learned, endured disasters and losses, and things that helps them in their homesteading lifestyle. This is a two-part series. We thank Kathy and Mike for four the four hours of time spent with HFS. Check it out Part 2 here.
If you have not, please consider subscribing to the HFS YouTube channel by hitting like and then subscribe. Connect and give me a shout. Again, hit subscribe and share with family and friends.
Upcoming Training Opportunities -
- Kentucky Gun and Preparedness Expo - $10 per person, Leburn, KY, March 25 & 26, HFS Kentucky family come check out this event. The classes and speakers will be posted later in January. HFS will be on site teaching three classes at this event. Eastern Kentucky's Largest Sportsman Show – The Gun & Preparedness Sportsman's Expo (gunpreparednessexpos.com)
- Mountain Readiness - Harmany, NC, May 5 - 7, 2023 - $0 TO $64.95 - Mountain Readiness is family friendly event centered around learning the skills of our ancestors. Mountain Readiness in an expo in which survival and readiness experts from across the country will gather to teach their craft. There will be live demonstrations, classes, and vendors. Mountain Readiness is an expo in which survival and readiness experts, presenters, and vendors will provide the knowledge, tools, and hands on training to further develop your self-sufficiency skills. HFS will be on site teaching classes at this event.
- Heritage Life Skills - Lite - July 21-23, 2023 - Haywood Community College - Hope for Survival will be teaming with Carolina Readiness Supply (CRS) to put this event together and offer some mid-summer preparedness training in Waynesville, NC. We will be posting more information on this event soon. It's a go!!!
- Project Appleseed - Project Appleseed | Project Appleseed (appleseedinfo.org) - This is a great program and opportunity to learn and spend time with a loved one, especially children. The link offers viewing for which states offering the Appleseed program. (Thanks Festus, for this submission)
Guest and Newcomers
If you are a guest or newcomer to the HFS journey, please check out this link for additional.
information offered through HFS. https://www.hopeforsurvival.com/post/guest-and-newcomers-information-page
Hope for Survival books and HFS Thumb Drive for Emergency Documents -: You can obtain information on the two HFS books at this link: Survival, Preparedness, Disaster Management for individuals or family (hopeforsurvival.com)
Hope for Survival - How Food, Water, Shelter, and Security Could Save Your Life (Book 1)
Hope for Survival - The Mindset (Book 2)
HFS Thumb Drive for Emergency Documents - We just restocked the HFS Thumb drive and have them available now. Follow this link and you will see the add at the top of the page. Blog | Survival (hopeforsurvival.com)
We must make this brief public announcement to protect the innocent.
Ding, Ding, Ding....Attention HFS readers..... Opinions shared in this newsletter are just that, opinions, and nothing more. Read at your own risk. The owner and author of this site is not responsible for hurt feelings or thin-skinned readers. I do my best to show restraint and respect to the best extent possible. I take as many precautions as possible and try to remain as nonpolitical as possible, however, there are times when I just can't help but point certain things out. Occasionally I use words only Patriots recognize and understand. It's not personal against any non-Patriot. It's just the truth. Sometimes we must pull up our spenders and suck it up. Just saying. Stay the course, read what you want, and avoid the rest. Avoid fear porn as much as possible and the day will be okay. When all else fails… Keep the faith and always have Hope.
Let’s move along and get to some thoughts...
Thoughts for the week
Wilson's Corner - "Amazing how the world sees us when it is they who hang out with nuts."
- Remember the time in 2006 when Uncle Joe lectured angrily how he didn't support same sex marriage? Neither does he.
- Remember all the US Military equipment left behind in Iraq and Afghanistan? Now we are shipping military hardware to Ukraine. Why are US troops training for deployment to Europe having to borrow PVS 14 Night vision goggles