Welcome to the Patriot Express Newsletter (PENL) Edition #61. Thanks for your time and for being here. Ms. Lucy and I certainly appreciate you stopping by to check out news and views for the week. It has been a very blessed week in our household. I believe Ms. Lucy is on the mend from her annual bout of poison ivy. A steroid shot, another script, swollen eye, itch and scratch, and lots of time to mend. It’s looking up.
It was birthday week for Bravo Echo. Ms. Lucy had a few goodies to treat me special along with a few visitors through the week. (More in Thoughts for the Week). It was great. Cupcakes, sugar free cherry pie, biscuits and gravy, Gyro, grilled chicken and veggie kabobs... I'm blessed. I told you how I put in a nice flag pole for our red, white, and blue. I now have a beautiful blue Air Force flag to fly from the back deck. Wilson and I can enjoy two beautiful flags flying as the sun rises each morning. Let the bells of freedom ring across the land. We are free.
I want to thank everyone for your emails over the past week. Thanks for your time to write and communicate with me at HFS. I appreciate your efforts much and the opportunity to chat on whatever topic you present for discussion. It's great reading about all the preparedness projects being worked and completed. One reader from Southeastern N.C. wrote to tell me thanks and how my book, "Hope For Survival" helped their family and other extended family members be prepared in advance of Covid-19 and everything that has followed to date. Thanks for sharing the great news. Self-reliance through preparedness is the goal.
Be sure to check out the training section for a special announcement for an upcoming guest speaker.
Current numbers for Covid-19 are Global: Infected – 6,595,485 Dead – 388,412. National: Infected – 1,902,101 Dead – 109,146.
Hope for Survival Podcast - We currently have 18 short training type Podcast on the Hope for Survival YouTube Channel covering numerous topics of interest to help in your preparedness planning. You can find Podcast on Canning Chicken, Risk Management, Gun safety, home and personal defense, preparedness training, driving security, interviews with like-minded individuals and other topics. Bring a friend or family member and check out the HFS YouTube page. If you like, hit like and consider subscribing so you are notified when I post something new. I hope to have a new Podcast posted soon. I’m actually working on a couple different ones.
You can visit the Hope for Survival YouTube page at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxzpwOcydroW96rFBd2Vvw?view_as=subscriber
Thursday Zoom Rallies - We are doing weekly preparedness rallies on Thursdays called Zoom Aerobics where we discuss world events and topics of interest with the Patriots attending. We completed week ten on Thursday and I’m sure this event will continue in the weeks ahead. It is very satisfying to see friendships being built and information and skills being taught and learned. We have also started having different attendees conduct specific briefs within the weekly rally. This week’s topic was Essential Oils and Ms. Jeannie presented great information and videos to train the group. Next week will be the "Three best animals for ease of care, space, and protein" to be presented by HFS contributing author, Gun Smoke. These briefs are part of the total zoom rally. Other information on Preparedness is provided and discussed.
Special Guest Speaker: Hope for Survival is happy to announce Christopher Scott from the Christopher Scott podcast will be a special guest speaker at the Thursday, June 25th Zoom Rally.
"Chris is an author, speaker and an American conservative commentator who also offers a conservative alternative. Christopher Scott is not just a conservative news host. Much of his conservative commentary is shaped by perspective of Common Sense by Thomas Paine.
Christopher Scott is the author of Common Sense in Modern English which he spent over a year translating form the original manuscript. Making him, arguably the authority on Common Sense. This common sense perspective sets his commentary apart from other far right channels. Because it’s a podcast about ideas it also sets the Christopher Show apart from other political commentators.
A Marine Corps Veteran and freedom loving Patriot, Sir Christopher will speak on Leadership - The expectations of leadership and the consequences of failing to lead."
Please mark your calendar and stop by to support Chris and Hope for Survival. Again, this will be on June 25, 2020, 7 pm EST or 1900 for military time. You can find a link to Chris's Podcast page below in the Thoughts for the Week section.
If you have interest in attending a Hope for Survival Zoom virtual training event please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the distribution list for attendance information. The virtual conference room information will not be posted in open on the website for OPSEC reasons.
I have sent out emails letting HFS readers know about doing preparedness classes. We started last Saturday with Risk Analysis and Management and will continue this Saturday with Family Communication Planning. These are free classes. No cost. That is free with no tax. Like, really free. The classes start at 0900 AM EST each Saturday in June. Here's the available courses:
Preparedness 101 (Self) - 3 Hours
Preparedness 102 (Team) - 90 Minutes
Family Communication Planning - 90 Minutes
Risk Analysis Management - 90 Minutes
Bugging in Urban - 90 Minutes
Bugging Out - 90 Minutes
Security-in-Depth Planning - 90 Minutes
Sheltering and Bug Out Bag Plan - 90 Minutes
Food Preparedness and Planning - 90 Minutes
Driving Security - 90 Minutes
Bartering -90 Minutes
June 6 - 0900 EST - Risk Analysis and Management (90 Minutes) - Completed
June 13 - 0900 EST - Family Communication Planning (90 Minutes)
Class Description: If an EMP or Solar Flare hit at this moment, do you know where your family is and how they will get from current location to their destination? If they don’t arrive, would you know where to go look for them? What if a familycell phone goes dead while traveling and encounters a accident. Would you know where to find them? Does your family or team know when to engage the “plan?” This class addresses “What is a Family Communication Plan?” We will discuss; what is communication and emergency communications, what objectives should we build in a plan, who should have your plan, when to trigger your plan, four phases of emergency communications, the “Uh-Oh Plan”, family communication devices, communication plan checklist, and sample emergency plan. The objective of this course is to assist individuals in understanding and creating a plan on how to communicate while separated from family members during emergencies.
June 20 - 0900 EST - Preparedness 101 (3 Hours)
June 27 - 0900 EST - Preparedness 102 (90 Minutes)
If you have any desire to possibly take any of these classes please drop me an email to get the Zoom room reserved. If you wish to donate for the training feel free to do so by hitting the donate button. Or, you can purchase my book as well. All proceeds above cost to print goes to charity. Or you can gain entry with a smile. Pretty easy huh? Most importantly, you can attend for free with no donation or book purchase. Really.
Moving along …
We must make this brief public announcement to protect the innocent.
NOTE: Opinions shared in this newsletter are just that, opinions and nothing more. Read at your own risk. The owner and authors of this site are not responsible for hurt feelings or thin-skinned readers. We do our best to show restraint and respect to the best extent possible. We take as many precautions as possible and try to remain as nonpolitical as possible, however, there are times when I just can't help but point certain things out. Just saying. Stay the course, read what you want, and avoid the rest. Avoid fear porn as much as possible and the day will be okay.) When all else fails…I blame it on Festus. He’s a good guy by the way.
Thoughts for the week – (Some may consider this the tin foil hat area. So, you may want to put on your knee-high boots and anti-foil hat to protect yourself from contamination.) Smile! Just kidding with ya.
Before you proceed, I ask you this question…if the mainstream media continues being caught in lies and you don’t know how long they have been lying to you, then how can something labeled as a conspiracy theory maybe not be the truth? If someone said, “all of the mainstream media is lying to us” and the person is called a conspiracy theorist, and the media is lying as well, then is there any truth?
Speaking of conspiracy theories, check this one out. Pretty revealing don’t you think? Thanks to our Patriot brother down in N. Ga who shared this with us. If it says Private when you open it, click play and it should work okay. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgsnyHILdb8 This is outstanding work that reveals Minnesota Riots had a two year pre event planning period.
It was birthday week for Bravo Echo so aside from being very busy with the normal routine, Ms. Lucy put some things together locally to make my day special. She worked things around multiple schedules to get some of the local Patriot friends to our house for some goodies and quality visits. Thanks Ms. Lucy. In the past week we have been blessed to spend time with eight or so Patriots. I appreciate their time to stop by for a few to celebrate getting older. Interesting. Are we celebrating the blessing of still being alive? Or, growing older? Hmmm. I will have to ask my buddy Wilson. I would ask Festus but based on the card he mailed me I think he was calling me an old man. Ha.
Part of the group who visited us this week was one of our HFS Patriot authors and his wife. Joe and Jane from Target Zero (NY City) stopped in for a visit. It was great to finally meet the two of them and talk about some of their preparedness measures and issues in the NY City region. If you don’t remember, Joe from Target Zero submitted one of the HFS 1st Anniversary winning articles.
It was great to see all the Patriot friends who took time out to stop in for some fat food and laughs. I will spend some time with family coming in on Friday, for the weekend. Blessings to all of you.
It want to give a big thank you to Christopher Scott for his time and support of Hope for Survival. Chris has mentioned the book and website a few times on his show. Thank you Sir Chris. But, the bigger thing I want to say thank you for is your service to our great nation and your continued voice for the importance of the Constitution and VOTING wisely in order to have and preserve our freedom. We all must be a voice in this battle we face today.
Leadership. The topic of leadership has been swarming my mind the past few months. As I witness all the events taking place around our nation and I see so many faces and voices telling us what to do, not to do or simply sucking up oxygen to make their lips flap like a runaway dolphin. Do this, do that. Right? One of the things we have been talking about and working on in the Thursday evening HFS Zoom rallies is individual leadership. I ask the group and I ask you this question. If you fear or can’t gather and arrange information to present in a brief to a group, virtually, then when events escalate and the time arrives for you to lead your family or stand before your neighbors and present a plan, how will you do it? I know, “that is different.” Yes, it is different. For real, it is. It will be worse. As I have written about in my book, in articles, and training classes, it will be worse. Practice being a leader now so when the time comes you can transition in to the role. If you want to practice, come join the Thursday evening Zoom group.
During this period of uncertainties, one would wish to think a person, city, and nation’s plate would be full simply trying to avoid Covid-19, keep a job, earn enough income to stay afloat, find food for the family, and stay safe. Right? So, now we add this protest threat that often blossoms out to riots and anarchy. Of course, those of us who pay attention and try to live “outside the box” and try to not put ourselves in to positions within the threat range. The article below introduces a new ball game to not just professionals but their families. It also guarantees a new level of response.
I think back to the introduction of Osama Bin Laden and the war on terrorism. Folks would comment about the US of A going to the Middle East and Central Asia to combat terrorism. The point was, it was better to fight the threat on their soil than here at home. Agree or disagree, it was the theory. From our perspective, it was better to stir up the nest on their home turf than have the terrorist running free around America.
Now, we are reading information suggesting Antifa, now categorized by our Government as a Domestic Terrorist Group, plans to take their war out of the cities and towns directly to the homes of our officers serving in law enforcement. Now the threat will get personal. The response will be personal. In many cases it will now be against an unknown number of threats to include fire, kidnapping, personal attacks, firearms, theft, harassment, and up to death, on both sides.
Imagine, a city defunds their police to where all police response is to tax paying business locations and not to suburban homes and families. Police officers will be alone and on their own. How long do you think they will remain employed as police officers when they must choose between defending their family versus anything else? Maybe you will be a neighbor to this attack. How will you respond to defend your neighbor? Will you? Think about it.
I decided to take a break and drive over to the local Bass Pro store recently to check out something and to get some additional information and view a product. It was a busy shopping day, (like when is Bass Pro not busy), and I used caution moving about the store to avoid other shoppers. What caught my eye above all was the store had no kayaks, canoes, pontoon boats, and a minimal amount of ammunition. Either a lot of the stock comes from China or else American’s are spending like mad to buy these non-essential items. Normally on the exterior of the store one can find numerous used boats for purchase. I found zero used boats, fishing or pontoon, models.
I had a great question from one of our Alabama Patriots regarding water condensation stills (kits). At some expense one can purchase a kit to collect water through forming condensation. On the other hand, you could build your own condensation still with minimal effort. The size of the still is determined by the amount of water you need for you and your family. With minimal effort a person living in an urban environment could build a condensation still on a rooftop. It may be possible to build one on the interior of an apartment that draws long hours of sunlight.
Here’s a couple of samples you could consider:
The plan to the right seems the easiest and most practical. Very inexpensive to produce and use.
As you probably know by now, I like to share links to things I find of interest, to include podcast I like to check out during the week. I recently shared the link to the Christopher Scott Podcast and I know several of you are now tuning in to Chris’s show daily. Thanks for supporting another Patriot voice who is fighting to open minds and ears to the fight for Freedom, defending the Constitution, and the importance of the vote. If you haven’t yet, check him out at https://www.christopherscottshow.com/podcast
Another podcast I have been checking out a lot during my few months of teleworking is the USA Prepares network with Vincent Finelli Podcast at
This is hour one and two of the daily show. Vincent shares a lot on Off-Grid living, the Constitution, Faith, current news, and other like minded topics. Vincent broadcast on the the Republic Broadcast along with Liberty Man, John Moore and other alternative like-minded voices.
When time permits, check these folks out and support as you can. They are broadcasting to many ears and minds. Our support is needed to keep their voice and message alive. Thanks
Some of you may not be old enough to remember an old SITCOM from the early 1970s called "All in the Family." I only knew of it because my grandparents loved the show. Many, then labeled the show as racist and the works. I do believe it was the show that introduced one of the first SITCOMs based around a black family. Another comedy. Meet George Jefferson and his sweet wife Weezie Jefferson. Both shows had long primetime lives. Why am I bringing this up in a Preparedness newsletter? Did you ever pay attention to the lyrics of the theme song to All in the Family? We often read and hear folks talking about predictive programming. Filming shows to send messages. Creating shows with sensitive topics to gauge the populace.
Check out these lyrics: Did they know something 40 years ago?
Boy, the way Glen Miller played. Songs that made the Hit Parade. Guys like us, we had it made. Those were the days Didn't need no welfare state. Everybody pulled his weight Gee, our old LaSalle ran great. Those were the days And you knew where you were then Girls were girls and men were men. Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again. People seemed to be content. Fifty dollars paid the rent. Freaks were in a circus tent. Those were the days Take a little Sunday spin, Go to watch the Dodgers win. Have yourself a dandy day That cost you under a fin. Hair was short and skirts were long. Kate Smith really sold a song. I don't know just what went wrong Those Were the Days
Okay, my Patriot friends, the show must move on.
Preparedness News –
1. From Tyler Durden – Zero Hedge - https://www.zerohedge.com/health/food-banks-warn-theyll-soon-run-out-food-economic-suffering-explodes-all-over-america - I have been trying to listen closely and monitor food supplies in my area. Though the stores seem stocked during peek periods of shopping (Friday evening/Saturday morning) I see a growing lack of stock from Sunday – Thursday. I’m told trucks are behind schedule or certain products are on back order. It seems no one really knows the truth about food supplies. I would proceed with caution and ensure you have what you need until we get through this period. We have a lot of unknowns in many areas right now.
2. From Jason Hanson – Spy, Escape and Evasion - https://spyescapeandevasion.com/blog/2020/06/03/best-canned-meats-for-food-storage/ - This is a good article to consider reviewing for your food plan and resources. It never hurts to have numerous opinions. Maybe print this out for future holdings if and when you may be encountered with questions.
3. From Robert Richardson – Urban Survival - https://offgridsurvival.com/bugoutbagtresourceguide/ - We recently discussed this topic a Thursday evening Zoom and I have covered it to some degree in my HFS YouTube videos. Researching geographic locations, threats, your abilities, and other factors should help. One can never include enough information, however, don’t over analyze the topic or you will never get packed.
4. From Mom With a Prep - https://momwithaprep.com/introduction-to-emergency-preparation-10-cans/ - Very interesting article. Good suggestions as well.
5. From Diane Vukovic – Prepping 101 - https://www.primalsurvivor.net/prepping-101/ - Even for folks already prepared (is that possible), it never hurts to revisit checklist.
6. From Safer Brand - https://www.saferbrand.com/articles/natural-ant-killer - Ant season is here. One of our Patriot Sisters provided this excellent guidance for readers. Good luck.
Other News –
1. From N.C. Scout – American Partisan - https://www.americanpartisan.org/2020/06/from-a-reader-a-look-at-antifas-field-organization/ - This is an outstanding article to read. Excellent and also take time to read the comments. You may notice Matt Bracken contributed comments as well. N.C. Scout publishes excellent information and I hope this one will educate and lead the reader to give a lot of thought to the degree and depth of Antifa. Funding. Resources, Ideology. When you consider how to collect information (Intelligence) around you, you can read points being made in this article showing you things we are looking for in our events or environments.
One thing I didn’t read in the article is wondering why the question wasn’t asked about “where are these guys getting their funding, training and organizational skills?” Yea I read comments how the FBI should be all over this. True. But how has any organization within the US of A been allowed to grow to this extent? I would bet tootsie roll that a degree of this training is coming from video games and one or more former veterans taking advantage of cash opportunities to train or consult these thugs.
For more inside information on the big picture, check out this video on the inside preplanning for the Minnesota riots and protest. Pretty impressive when one can collect information and use your own words and videos against you and then be told “its just fake news” so let’s move along. Nothing to see here. This video is worth your time to watch it.
You can form your own opinion. I have mine.
2. From: Ol Remus – The Woodpile Report - http://www.woodpilereport.com/ - Here is thoughts from one of my favorite websites where Ol Remus posts weekly on Tuesday. “National and world economies are collapsing into a 1930s-like Depression. Well regarded experts disagree on whether we're facing runaway inflation or deflation but certain it will be one or the other. There are food shortages with famines in some parts of the world. In the US there is ongoing racial and political terrorism with scattered homicides. Politically motivated shutdowns of web sites are ongoing. There are rising threats of war in the western Pacific.”
3. From Mike Adams – Natural News - https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-06-03-antifa-terrorists-sparta-illinois-burn-farmhouses-kill-livestock.html - I heard about this last week from another source and hesitated to posting it. This is the second source to share this information. Time will tell. But, I think we all know, if Antifa or any other anarchist organization takes this route to riot, it’s a new day and the response will uptick to a more violent response. Destroying common space in cities is one thing. Destroying private homes and property will be a very unwise choice by any organization wishing to make a point. Shall I say more?
4. From Kyle Shideler – American Mind - https://americanmind.org/essays/the-real-history-of-antifa/ - You should take a minute and educate yourself on Antifa and who is Antifa. How did Antifa get started? This is a pretty good article of information on the history. As Sun Tzu says “know your enemy before the battle.”
5. From Daniel Greenfield – Front Page Mag - https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2020/06/405-law-enforcement-officers-were-injured-black-daniel-greenfield/ - Another opinion on what is believed to be headed to America. Like I always suggest, read, research, understand points being made without fear porn. If it has validity and you can find other sources on the topic, use it. If not, file it for a later date. Because of so much fake news and altered videos, one must learn how to research, analyze, and apply information.
6. From James Kirkpatrick – Unz Review - https://www.unz.com/article/where-have-you-gone-donald-trump-a-nation-turns-its-yearning-eyes-to-you/ - The author makes excellent points in the article on the nation from the perspective of the President of the US of A. The enemy will continue adding fuel to the fire to derail the reelection or worse destroy the country. I believe we have yet to see the worst of what is to come to from the progressive movement.
7. From Joseph Kurl – The Daily Wire - https://www.dailywire.com/news/gun-sales-in-may-hit-record-again - Say it ain’t so. With so much going on in America, why would anyone not find it surprising so many firearms are being sold now?
8. From Brandon Smith – Alt-Market - https://www.alt-market.com/index.php/articles/4248-the-political-left-used-george-floyds-dead-body-as-a-social-justice-marionette - This is so obvious at this point. How anyone could not see it seems beyond belief. But, how the current Democrat nominee is still the nominee is beyond belief. Just saying.
9. From John Whitehead - The Rutherford Institute - https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/engineering_a_race_war_will_this_be_the_american_police_states_reichstag_fire - This is well worth your time to read. JW is a level headed yet deep thinker that requires the reader to think about his points. He asks a great question that I don't think many will be willing to admit the likely answer. Thanks Festus for pointing me towards this weeks article by JW.
Drum roll........... That's all my Patriot brothers and sisters.
Thank you for your time to read the PENL. I hope you found something to help you in some way. Keep your feet and minds grounded as the world continues towards an unknown destination. Keep the faith and continue doing great things for yourself and others. Keep the emails flowing. Bring new friends and help spread the word on Preparedness. I appreciate you sharing the great things you are doing with your plans and progress forward. Keep chugging ahead.
Prayers - Please keep our great nation, our elected leaders, military and first responders in your thoughts and prayers. We should also pray for the citizens and world leaders infected and making decisions to deal with the Covid-19 Coronavirus. Please pray for individuals losing their jobs and who didn't prepare in advance. We have a Patriot Sister dealing with some heart issues since her recent retirement. She seeks answers this week. Please keep her uplifted in your prayers. We should pray for the families who lost their jobs and facilities burned during the riots. I pray for each and every one of our Patriots. May we all be protected from the growing evils surrounding and attacking our families daily. May we pray for all the blessings and things in life to be thankful about and continued hope for revival around the world. Amen. Thank you.
Keep charging and have a safe week. Always remember, we are blessed people.
Bravo Echo Out,