Welcome to the Patriot Express Newsletter (PENL) Edition #71. Grab your beverage and favorite snack or breakfast, depending when you get here to check out this week’s newsletter. I don't know about you but I am feeling like I have been eating way to many breakfast meals during this period of Covid-19 teleworking. With today being a special occasion, eat up and enjoy. Oh, the special occasion is the weekly PENL day. Seems we have special days and events so I have declared a HFS PENL day just for fun. I would suppose this is only on my calendar. The event authorizes a free smile so take advantage of it today. I think our nation needs more smiles.
For the newcomers to the website, the foundation of Hope for Survival is my book, by the same title. If you would like to a copy of Hope for Survival – How Food, Water, Shelter, and Security, Could Save Your Life, at this link. https://www.hopeforsurvival.com. All proceeds from book sales goes to charity to support a local foodbank in our region. HFS just put $300 in the foodbank online donation box. Thank you to everyone who purchased books.
The basic platform for HFS is this:
Hope for Survival Mission – To help individuals and families get prepared.
Hope for Survival Goal – Help people as possible become self-reliant.
The book is a basic framework to get you started in Preparedness, but you should continue to build upon the basic-foundation and processes. The theme, Hope for Survival, is built around the book, with the PENL, the HFS website containing over 350 articles and folders set up for specific topics, online and in-resident training, and Zoom rallies conducted each Thursday evening.
My approach is to help the individual, the family and team, and the community. Why? Who covers your back while you sleep? Who protects you while you work in your garden or tend to livestock or work on your ham radio antenna? Do you plan to sleep with one eye open like Festus? How may task on your list requires two people?
I want to thank you for your support and continued visits to the HFS website. I want to welcome the new readers from California, Alabama, Oregon, Illinois, Pennsylvania, and Texas. Welcome to the HFS family and our ongoing mission to be prepared and self-reliant.
Hope for Survival Podcast – One of the areas HFS provides training opportunities is through the HFS YouTube channel. We currently have about 24 short training type Podcast on the Hope for Survival YouTube channel covering numerous topics of interest to help in your preparedness planning. Consider bringing a friend or family member and check it out. If you like what you viewed, hit “like” and consider subscribing so you are notified when I post something new. The number of subscribers and likes helps me determine trends and where folks spend time. The purpose of the YouTube videos is to get information to you, the preparer.
You can visit the Hope for Survival YouTube page at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxzpwOcydroW96rFBd2Vvw?view_as=subscriber
Thursday Zoom Rallies – HFS continues the Thursday HFS Zoom Virtual rallies weekly. We completed week 19 with a great Zoom meeting which was supported by many. We cover news during the week, some preparedness topics and answer questions on the topics. Once the short briefs are completed, we have our weekly “Chatter that Matters” session with the attendees. Our main topic this week covered financial investing and suggestions to what one could consider too do with their funds during these turbulent times. A big thanks to our two Patriot brothers who put this presentation together for the attendees based on submitted questions from Zoom attendees.
This coming Thursday, Zoom Rally #20, Aug 27, 2020, we will have a Missionary team as special guests from South Africa. Born and raised in America they arrived for their missionary duties 12 years ago and have amazing stories and challenges from their time in country and across Africa. Come join us for an exciting opportunity.
If you have interest in attending a Thursday evening “Hope for Survival” Zoom virtual training event please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the distribution list for attendance information. This is a great group and platform to learn and build friendships. The virtual conference room access information will not be posted in open on the website for OPSEC reasons.
Moving along …
We must make this brief public announcement to protect the innocent.
Ding, Ding, Ding...."Attention HFS readers..... Opinions shared in this newsletter are just that, opinions, and nothing more. Read at your own risk. The owner and author of this site are not responsible for hurt feelings or thin-skinned readers. I do my best to show restraint and respect to the best extent possible. I take as many precautions as possible and try to remain as nonpolitical as possible, however, there are times when I just can't help but point certain things out. Sometimes we must pull up our spenders and suck it up. Just saying. Stay the course, read what you want, and avoid the rest. Avoid fear porn as much as possible and the day will be okay.) When all else fails… Keep the faith and always have Hope."
Thoughts for the week –
Even with all the crazy news taking place by the minute, I have to say Ms. Lucy and I had another blessed week. We woke up each day with the opportunity to live life and do great things. Right? That is a great starting point that we all get blessed with. I believe we should also ask ourselves "what can I do today to better life and the life of others?"
When we look at all the negatives taking place across our nation, don’t forget to keep your feet grounded and then realize how blessed we are. If we have been preparing over the past months, we have the comfort of knowing we do not have to be a part of the masses, unless it is by choice. Keep this in mind. Preparers have a choice, to be part of the 95% mass who functions amongst the craziness or the 5% who stays away from the masses and functions comfortably. Just don’t allow the negative media and news drag you down. It is easy to get caught up and allow fear to control you. You must control the fear.
Take a break from the negatives and do something positive. Talk to someone upbeat and positive. Work on a hobby you enjoy. Read a good book. Inventory your resources to know what you have. Get out in your yard and get some vitamin C. Make a list of things to do daily. Get on the internet and make a list of recipes you like that you can use your freeze dried/dehydrated resources to make. Set up weekly Skype/Zoom meetings with family or friends who you enjoy talking with who uplifts you. Start a new habit of reminding yourself hourly of something you are thankful for. If you are the praying type, set a schedule and pray on a routine basis. Don’t focus on the negatives and pray your thanks for the positives in your life. You may have your own ways and methods of how to focus on positives in your life. It does lift you up and help you smile. Just stay focused and don’t let your guard down.
Have you been watching the Democratic Virtual Convention? Come on, raise your hand. Okay, I’m guilty as well. Oh, guilty for not watching. I don’t have time nor do I want to torture myself. Same story, different day. Ms. Lucy who dawns her armor and checks out what the adversary is talking about back briefed me on the main points the D’s focused on for the evening. Additionally I listened to Peter Berry Chowka who made his weekly appearance on the Hagman Report daily show and discussed the convention speakers. Between the two, I found the D message had not changed from the previous 10 to 15 conventions. The party of the poor and forgotten. They cater to pulling the oppressed from the slums of American cities and giving them hope and the desire to step out and achieve a better life. It’s easy to see the success of their message over my lifetime. Right?
After trillions of dollars spent, the message remains the same, the outcome remains the same, and the slums and poor continue generation after generation. Just like Seattle and Portland, Chicago, Baltimore, Cleveland, NY City, Detroit and other lesser communities, it is only getting worse. The depth of failure and the poor escalates the level of separation between poor and poorer. We continually hear the drum beat of the middle class and rich not seeing the flight of the poor. They don’t care. They just pay the tax bill and avoid detours through these communities. Now we must ask, is the band-aid hiding the wound of the poorer communities coming off to expose the degree of long-term damage? The damage continues while the tax burden increases. The pay-off of the Democratic party for a simple vote is revealed but no one seems to care who matters. It is simple to see the reality by looking at the number of elected officials, and members of the music, Hollywood, and professional sports, who choose to not live in their childhood neighborhoods yet promote hate to the ears of the youth living in the poorer communities. They have contributed to the demise, promote the message, yet opt to not live amongst the people they echo a voice. Is there any difference between these voices and the voices of the the cowards who stands in the background antagonizing those protesting to cross the police line and go in to battle?
I found it interesting to hear of the coded message voiced by the former Lady with the name First, when she commented something to the degree of “elect President Trump again and you will continue to see the revolt and suffer the consequences.” Now, I did not hear these words, but it was shared by a credible and accountable source. How would you hear and understand this message? Sounds like a threat more than a message. Remember the famous quote by the same speaker, “I’ve never been proud of my country until ….” Another voice for the people. It's even funnier when one realizes the same lady by the name First, had roughly 35 tax payer funded servants serving her during her stay in office while the current First Lady has roughly five.
It amazes me the degree of hate that this American Political Party voices and displays to our elected President. It is okay to disagree. But totally revolt? How do you revolt against a nation and President who has lifted the minority groups to the highest levels of employment on record? How about the number of minority convicted felons cleared for a second chance on life and then released in to society. The list goes on and yet not a single political voice of the Democratic Party gives the President credit for these efforts. If they speak up, it is normally to say these are results of the previous administrations policies. Really? How is it the current racist President created more jobs, gotten more off government aid, cancelled more life sentences of black Americans and the beat goes on. Let's be clear. This is not about race. This is about using a race of people to to achieve their leftist agenda. Think not? Just do your homework and find the original words of Lyndon B. Johnson after he executed the opportunity for hope and opportunity by offering welfare to minority America.
Here is a feel good video to show not all minorities dislike the President. Listen to the message being delivered.
What are you focusing on? Sure, you should be preparing your basic steps of food, water, shelter, security, and medicine. Check. How are you focusing threats that will directly impact your life? How many hours per day do you spend watching and worrying about Portland? Seattle? Baltimore? Atlanta? Dallas? Cleveland? N.Y. City? The list goes on. Right? Riots, anarchy, defunding police, poverty, unemployment, and no response to the threats taking place. We are watching the complete destruction of our nation’s major cities.
How much do you focus on your local community during your day and week? What is the unemployment and homeless rate? Substance abuse problems? Crime? Funding of your local law enforcement? Politics? The list goes on. What is my point? I would recommend you focus on the five-mile radius around your home. Our nation has and will continue having major problems in several areas in the coming months. These are threats to your way of life. But, have you weighed out the impact of threats within the five-mile radius to your location? Which would be more important to your direct preparedness planning? Federal troops being placed in Portland or how many bridges you must cross between home and work? The Seattle Mayor resigning vs rumors of contaminated water from your local provider? National and local vendors not having coins to pay you after purchases vs what is killing your chickens? A derecho storm wiping out 10 million acres of farmland in Iowa vs why your tomatoes and peppers aren’t producing in your first attempt at gardening? All threats are important, but the local threats will be the most direct threat to you in most cases.
I think we all can agree the problems in our nation are threats. But you should consider the threats in the five-mile radius to your home a greater impact to your life than these national threats. Your bottom-line goal should be self-reliance to any threat; globally, nationally and locally, to the best of your ability. What does your plan say on how to counter the impact of roving gangs, local riots, home invasions, looting, high unemployment, and food shortages? You get my point, right? This is what you are planning to achieve; all threats but a higher level of focus on the most direct threats near you. The five-mile radius.
I don’t know if I’m angry or stunned by what I witnessed take place in Portland, Oregon this week. Have you watched the video(s) involving the white male driving the pickup truck who was stopped in the street, then punched and attempts made to drag him from the truck before he drove off and crashed his truck a few blocks later? He was then pulled from his truck and beaten to the point of unconsciousness and then kicked in the head? If you have not watched this video, I warn you it is very graphic and filled with vulgarity. Remember, these are peaceful protestors. Right?
The fact that humanity has dropped to this level, involving so many young adults who believe the same, is just troubling. We can talk about what we should do and not do, but the fact humans exhibit so little regard and respect for the life of another human is very troubling. What troubles me equally is the fact neither political party is speaking out to end this chaos. Get that, neither political party is sounding about the level of a cricket. Why?
Yea, I get the state level vs federal level rhetoric. Regardless, these are taxpayer funded leaders entrusted to look out for the best interest of the people in our nation. Watching the brutality of ongoing actions is a threat to humanity and yet no one in a position of power or authority wants to get involved. Why?
If this alone is not enough proof to keep you away from populated areas, I do not know what will get your attention. Furthermore, it goes to show why it is important to monitor your news and when possible, set up a networking node to gather news and information that may not surface timely or at all.
I don't know if you are the type that likes to listen and learn from history. Especially listening and reading from those who identified early on the efforts being made within to bring down our Republic. Even President Lincoln said 'America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.' This warning has been echoed over many years but was anyone listening? I want to leave you with two different voices providing more warnings in advance that apparently was ignored. Listen to the messages in these two clips while picturing what we are witnessing in the streets of America today. We must learn from our past.
The first clip was sent to me from a fellow Patriot.
This is audio only and a great "heads up" from G. E. Griffin from back around 1969. Reminds me of the old Paul Harvey message still circulating the airwaves.
G.E. Griffin is now 88 years of age and the author of Jekyll Island. Pretty insightful isn't it?
Are you seeing the familiar theme here? Recognize it around you? Try this one from Turning Point U.S.A. Thanks to Ms. Kim Fletter for sending this my way. The deadliest virus ever.
Fellow Patriots, this has been in the plans for over 100 years. It is now being rolled out for us to see and so far we have demonstrated zero response to it. Think about that one.
Lets move along and get to the news...
Preparedness News –
1. Preppers Survive - http://www.prepperssurvive.com/10-yeast-free-bread-recipes/ - This article caught my attention because we all love bread, right? I was down in Waynesville, N.C. visiting Carolina Readiness Supply last Friday and I ran in to one of our newer HFS followers and a great guy as well, who was telling me about a special bread recipe that can be made fast. I’m hoping he records a video making his special recipe and shares it with HFS readers. By the way, does pasta taste the same when bread isn’t a part of the spread?
2. From Linda Loosli – Prepper Storage Mom’s - https://www.foodstoragemoms.com/what-i-learned-during-a-pandemic/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=what-i-learned-during-a-pandemic – This a great read. Very well presented as the author approaches a broken-down list of essential food and kitchen items to consider in your preparedness basket and items the author found in short supply or unavailable. How would this apply to your preparedness steps and would you be impacted by the shortages? Check it out.
3. From Gordon Atkins – The Homestead Hippy - https://thehomesteadinghippy.com/diy-gravity-fed-drip-irrigation-systems/ - Here is another possibly example for water irrigation in your preparedness measures. Look at your situation and location and identify what works best for you. Best you figure it out now.
4. From Tasha Gear – Grow Network - https://thegrownetwork.com/covid-19-food-supply/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GrowYourOwnGroceriesBlog+%28Grow+Your+Own+Groceries+Blog%29 – The author provides ten great reasons why you should be securing food resources.
5. From Tara Dodrill – New Life on the Homestead - https://www.newlifeonahomestead.com/raising-ducks-vs-chickens/ - This is an interesting topic. Have you checked into the difference and advantages of one over the other? Is one a noise maker vs the other? Which egg provides the greatest protein and vitamins over the other? Which requires less human involvement and maintenance over the other?
6. From Jim and Mary – Old Garden Farms - https://oldworldgardenfarms.com/2020/08/16/diy-2x4-harvest-rack/ - What do you do with your picked vegetables not fully ripened? Do you have a rack or storage location for yours? If not, here is one recommendation to consider.
7. From Tricia Drevets – Homestead Survival Site -https://homesteadsurvivalsite.com/natural-medicines-you-can-make-at-home/ - This is a great article to print for your library. But, you will need to go in and click on each item and print separate because it gives you the recipe in most cases.
Other News –
1. Patricia McCarthy – American Thinker - https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/08/the_most_revealing_poll_of_all_gun_sales.html - This is worthwhile to read but honestly no one should be surprised. Why not? First, the 2nd Amendment is for everyone, not just white citizens. Second, the crime rate in our nation continues to escalate. Third, there is continued hate spewing in our media and across our nation. We must hope this topic finds level heads and a calmness and mutual awakening takes place.
2. From Michael Snyder – The Economic Collapse - http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/millions-of-acres-of-crops-in-the-central-u-s-have-been-destroyed-by-a-giant-derecho-nightmarish-flooding-and-a-historic-drought - Anyone keeping track of news and disasters will be familiar with this article. If not, you may want to check this out. Think back over the past few years and the droughts, floods, and now the derecho, all impacting the Midwest farmers which eventually impacts prices and food availability.
3. From Mike Adams – Natural News - https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-08-18-live-guided-air-to-air-missile-discovered-at-florida-airport.html - This is very disturbing and concerning. To think this weapon was located on our soil, made it through customs, and was discovered, not handed over. It may be time for our President to make some swift adjustments and changes to protect his own life and his family’s life. The threat is escalating.
With recent events involving the landing of AF One with the drone and recent gun fire impacting the AF One helicopter fleet, it’s time to up the security of our President.
4. From John Whitehead – The Rutherford Institute -https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/the_great_election_fraud_will_our_freedoms_survive_another_election – If you have been around long enough, it seems every four years grandma is pushed over the cliff, dead people vote, and cities register more votes than registered citizens. With the increase in boldness and technology, a fair election is probably long in the past.
5. From Wolf Richter – Wolf Street - https://wolfstreet.com/2020/08/12/us-dollar-purchasing-power-drops-to-lowest-ever-inflation-heats-up-as-the-fed-wants-after-simultaneous-supply-shock-demand-shock/ - Have you noticed each trip to the grocery story brings a higher cost for less goods? People must learn to buy needs vs wants as we go through this period. We can only hope something gives before the number of hungry changes to the number starving in the streets. Be prepared if you aren’t already.
That's all my Patriot brothers and sisters. Stay alert and strong.
Thanks much for your time to read the PENL and hanging with us at Hope for Survival for a few minutes. We all have different desires in news and what we read at different points in our day. Hopefully HFS has provided information to stimulate your thinking and the realities around us. It is important for you to keep your feet and minds grounded as the world continues towards an unknown destination. Keep the faith and continue doing great things for yourself and others. Keep the emails flowing. Bring new friends and help spread the word on Preparedness. Visit the HFS YouTube page and check out the numerous preparedness videos. Subscribe and hit like. It’s a minimal price to pay for free information. I appreciate you sharing the great things you are doing with your plans and progress moving you forward. Keep charging ahead.
Prayers - Please keep our great nation, our elected leaders, military and first responders in your thoughts and prayers. Please pray for individuals losing their jobs and who didn't prepare in advance. We should pray for the families who lost their jobs and facilities burned during the riots. Please pray for our leadership to find answers and guidance to the problems facing our great nation. I pray for each, and every one of our Patriots. May we all be protected from the growing evils surrounding and attacking our families daily. May we pray for all the blessings and things in life to be thankful about and continued hope for revival around the world.
Amen. Thank you.
Keep charging and have a safe week. Always remember, we are blessed people. Don’t allow the events around us create fear in your life. Build your own self-reliance and focus on hope.
Bravo Echo Out,