Welcome to the Patriot Express Newsletter (PENL) Edition #74. Thanks for stopping by to spend time checking out the newsletter. Ms. Lucy and I appreciate you stopping by each week to spend part of your day with us.
Ms. Lucy and I hope you had a safe and blessed holiday weekend. If you are like us you are asking “where did the summer go?” Here we are in mid-September, headed rapidly towards the November election and the unknown. Are you ready?
For the newcomers to the website, the foundation of Hope for Survival is my book, by the same title. If you would like to a copy of Hope for Survival – How Food, Water, Shelter, and Security, Could Save Your Life, at this link. https://www.hopeforsurvival.com. All proceeds from book sales goes to charity to support a local foodbank in our region. Thank you to everyone who purchased books.
The basic platform for HFS is this:
Hope for Survival Mission – To help individuals and families get prepared.
Hope for Survival Goal – Help as many people as possible become self-reliant.
The book is a basic framework to get you started in Preparedness, but you should continue to build upon the basic-foundation and processes. The theme, Hope for Survival, is built around the book, with the PENL, the HFS website containing over 390 articles and folders set up for specific topics, online and in-resident training, and Zoom rallies conducted each Thursday evening.
My desire and hopefully yours is to help the individual, the family and team, and the community. Why? Who covers your back while you sleep? Who protects you while you work in your garden or tend to livestock or work on your ham radio antenna? Do you plan to sleep with one eye open? How many tasks on your list requires two or more people?
I want to thank you for your support and continued visits to the HFS website. I want to welcome the new readers to the HFS family and our ongoing mission to be prepared and self-reliant. Help us build the HFS following by recommending or bringing a family member or friend to our effort of preparedness and self-reliance.
Hope for Survival Podcast – One of the areas HFS provides training opportunities is through the HFS YouTube channel. We currently have about 25 short training type Podcast on the Hope for Survival YouTube channel covering numerous topics of interest to help in your preparedness planning. Consider bringing a friend or family member and check it out. If you like what you viewed, hit “like” and consider subscribing so you are notified when I post something new. The number of subscribers and likes helps me determine trends and where folks spend time. The purpose of the YouTube videos is to get information to you, the preparer.
You can visit the Hope for Survival YouTube page at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxzpwOcydroW96rFBd2Vvw?view_as=subscriber
Thursday Zoom Rallies – HFS continues the Thursday HFS Zoom Virtual rallies weekly. We completed week 22 with a great Zoom meeting. This week I conducted a class on the information (Intelligence) you should consider including in your Risk Analysis process that helps identify possible threats or barriers in your preparedness planning. We also covered news from the week, some preparedness topics and answered questions on the topics. Once the short briefs are completed, we have our weekly “Chatter that Matters” session with the attendees.
If you have interest in attending a Thursday evening “Hope for Survival” Zoom virtual training event please email me at email@example.com to get on the distribution list for attendance information. This is a great group and platform to learn and build friendships. The virtual conference room access information will not be posted in open on the website for OPSEC reasons.
Special Saturday Training Class - I will be conducting a virtual Zoom class on Preparedness 101 on Saturday, Sept 12, 2020 at 10 AM EST. The cost to attend this training is $25 for the three-hour class. If you would like to attend go to the donate tab on the website and in the comment-section enter Prep 101. I will receive your information and email you the Zoom link and UN to enter the room. This is a great course for beginners, family and friends who are just starting into preparedness.
Moving along …
We must make this brief public announcement to protect the innocent.
Ding, Ding, Ding...."Attention HFS readers..... Opinions shared in this newsletter are just that, opinions, and nothing more. Read at your own risk. The owner and author of this site are not responsible for hurt feelings or thin-skinned readers. I do my best to show restraint and respect to the best extent possible. I take as many precautions as possible and try to remain as nonpolitical as possible, however, there are times when I just can't help but point certain things out. Sometimes we must pull up our spenders and suck it up. Just saying. Stay the course, read what you want, and avoid the rest. Avoid fear porn as much as possible and the day will be okay.) When all else fails… Keep the faith and always have Hope."
Thoughts for the week –
It wouldn't be appropriate to lead with any other thought without remembering this horrific day in our history and sharing some thoughts on the Anniversary of September 11, 2001. It was 8:45 AM EST when the first plane loaded with 20,000 gallons of fuel struck the north tower. You know the rest. Now, here we are nineteen years later and we will probably witness the 911 anniversary not even making the headlines on many news sites or printed papers. How soon we forget, huh? Have we grown so shallow as humans to not remember this horrific event? Remember how the politicians stood on the capitol building steps showing unity as one, a nation together. The echo of "God Bless America" rang from the steps. Chest out and determined, we vowed to march forward and strike back.
Do you realize how many deaths happened as a result of 911?
Twin Towers - 2,606
Four crashed airliners - 265
Pentagon - 125
Emergency Workers - 412
Firefighters - 343
Paramedics - 2
Chaplains - 1
Cancer Deaths from 911 response - 420
The Pentagon reports deaths related to wars Post 911 to be approaching 200,000 at a cost of $6.4 trillion dollars. I will note, my point here is not about the cost, but the lives lost at any cost. Each human lost is a son, a daughter, a husband or wife, a mother or father. Someone still walks this earth with a empty place in their heart. Many died without warning by simply going to work on the morning of 911. Others died as committed professionals working as first responders.
I remember 911 today like it happened yesterday. As I talk about in my book, Hope for Survival, I had recently returned to the US of A from my military assignment in England. I was assigned as the Superintendent of Antiterrorism to Headquarters Air Force Special Operations Command located in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Rough assignment. (smile) The time was 7:20 to 7:25 and I was sending out an email to my POCs who worked battling terrorism around the world. The title of the email article was "Bin Laden Vows to Strike America" and I hit send at 7:28 CST. I ran down the hallway to make my 730 CST morning meeting with the Director of Operations where we received updates and information to operations involving our resources around the world.
Shortly after the initial brief, we heard a knock at the door and my Colonel boss motioned for me to come to the door. it was around 7:50 CST and he said "it appears terrorist just struck one of the towers. Before I could get back to my office a second plane struck tower two. For those of us in uniform at that time, our world just changed completely. While the world rightfully focused on the Twin Towers, the Pentagon and Flight 93 that crashed in the distant field in Pennsylvania, those of us in Special Operations immediately started to spin up to launch resources to the other side of the globe to pre-stage for what was to come. It was another world remaining in the distant view from others while history took its place on 911.
I visited Ground Zero in December 2003 and I will never forget the total emptiness I felt go through my body. The complete silence except for the noise coming from the massive hole that remained. Sorta like the sound one may hear if driving through a tunnel with the window down. I still hear it very clearly.
Still to this day, nineteen years later, I have this deep dark wonder if it was the echo of over 3,000 moans and voices of the perished. Yes, I know better, but I have to say the feeling I had walking around Ground Zero was something I had never ever experienced in my life.
May we all remember this day in our history and never forget those who perished. May God always bless and protect the families of those we lost.
I had lots of time on the road during the past week. I returned to East TN from Huntsville, AL., then Ms. Lucy and I headed east to VA and WV to visit family. As always it was great to have some down time to catch up and enjoy the evening mountain air. It was funny to see family in sweat-shirts and hoodies when the evening air dipped to 53. I was like a pig in slop as I enjoyed the cooler air.
While in southern WV, my brother-in-law, wanted to show me all the updates and additions to his property. We started out on the side-by-side winding our way down the side of the hill. He showed me the fence which is about 80% completed and then come the goats. Four-legged lawn mowers is what he is hoping to achieve. A year ago this land down the side of the hill was covered in trees. He has removed all the trees from the top which now allows a clear view for miles across the valley. The goats will have plenty to eat and eventually have two legs longer than the other two from standing on the side of the hill. Kind of like the joke about West Virginians. People ask if we have one leg longer than the other from growing up on the side of hills. Many call them mountains however after living in Montana for five years, I quickly learned WV offers hills, not mountains.
We finally made it down the side of the hill and reached the addition of his new pond and dock. He was proud to point out this was his third water source to support the family, garden and soon to be animals. Not to mention a new food source after he gets the fish growing. The pond area will be nice for a semi-recreation area on the property because it is about 10 degrees cooler and the dock and surrounding area will support a place for family to hang out, fish, shoot fire arms, camp, ad grill out (if desired).
After we toured the property, he fired up the 1973 Jeep Renegade to go drive the back hills to see some of the beautiful scenery. I have to admit seeing all the Trump/Pence signs through the back hills of WV was encouraging. One thing for certain, it is definitely Trump country, in Southern, WV. Oh, the view across the valley to see the rolling hills for miles was beautiful. It is always nice to visit home and reflect on the memories growing up surrounded by such beauty. I do believe there are more rusted out vehicles and collapsed mobile homes now than what I remember as a child.
When I departed, like always, my sister and brother-in-law handed me a bag with tomatoes and fresh greens from his garden, along with a jar of his canned venison and a couple jars of canned beets from his garden. I know this family is prepared.
I was blessed to spend another birthday with my dad. He turned 86 during my visit and I only had to hear negative comments about our President for maybe five minutes. For a minute I thought it must be my birthday and it was his present to me to not bring up politics. I was staring out the window towards the back yard as my dad walked across using a walking cane and I wondered to myself “where has life gone so fast?” Do you ever stop and think about it? It seems like yesterday my dad was introducing me to politics and a great man and leader by the name of Jimmy Carter. That would be around 1976 ish? Oh how we both have changed since then. Okay, I changed, and he stayed the same. (smile) He remained loyal to his party and I joined the military and changed to the party of Ronald Reagan.
After the visit with family in Western, VA, I drove east towards Roanoke, VA to join up with Ms. Lucy and our youngest daughter and family. Plus, our Missionary family members had also worked their way to this area and got to visit. Our youngest daughter shared a feast and very warm hospitality in her home. It is always a blessing to share family time and see the grandkids again. Watching the grandkids play together while the adults play games at the table in the evening. These are the reasons preparing is so essential. Right?
I was listening to the Hagmann Report and during the first hour Coach Dave made a guest appearance to discuss citizens reaching out to get firearms and tactics training. This caught my attention because two of your fellow Patriot brothers are also participating in tactics training at the ending of this week. They are fortunate the training is being provided by a five-star trainer with a first-class capability and delivery to the customer. I’m really happy for these gents and anyone else who has completed or attending tactics training now. Coach Dave was sharing to Doug Hagmann the number of citizens rushing to get tactics training now, all around America. They advertise 50 seats and 100 people shows up. All walks of life are witnessing what is taking place in the streets of America and stepping out in droves to get trained. I ask myself daily how many readers and citizens are watching and yet to step out to get food. Procrastination will become problematic in the very near future. Don’t say you haven’t been warned.
I wanted to thank those who have been sending me information they are gathering through each day to look at and provide thoughts and potentially share to others. Having more eyes on the multiple targets gathers more information to consider and review. Festus and I can only find and review so much information during a day. We have so many different facets to keep an eye on daily; finances of the government, riots and anarchist, national and international threats, the election, food shortages, Covid-19, state instability and local politics, vaccinations, and more. It takes time to review and conduct analysis of information. So, thanks to everyone who contributes.
While visiting with family this weekend, on Saturday we noticed constant gunfire near the property I was visiting in Southern WV. There was gunfire from 7 AM until 9 pm. Both day and night firing taking place. This was not a day of fun shooting and apparent someone was conducting some level of firing with tactics. There was rifles, what appeared to be M-60 machine gun firing, SAWs and 50 cal firing with multiple rifles firing in tandem. No doubt we heard a thousand or more rounds fired off. Expensive and lots of brass. My first thought was some local group was spending the day conducting team training with range firing on a farm. Then when I heard the podcast this morning with Coach Dave I thought to myself, lots of local teams are knocking off the rust and preparing to defend their families and property.
This is real my Patriot Brothers and Sisters. It is not something we watch videos of and think its some other place. This is happening around the corner and a few miles up or down the road. Patriots across America are arming up and soon the battle bell will ring to take a position. Do you have your positions marked and ready to be manned? If you don’t, what are you waiting for? Don’t get caught asleep at the wheel or it will be to late.
I wanted to share this video shared by Matt Bracken on the American Partisan site. I continue hearing how Antifa members are cracker jack droopy drawered basement dwellers. That they may be, however, they continue demonstrating advanced tactics in protest, riots, anarchy, and now kill box slayings. We have discussed recently the command and control structure observed and an advanced communication capability. The video is about 7 minutes long and worth the review to understand what I'm talking about. This is another reason to operate outside the box and train yourself to operate Left of Bang. I know some believe it is their right to wear MAGA hats and I agree. I also believe common sense is essential and will help keep one alive. Walking down the street in Seattle, Portland, Baltimore and other liberal cities, alone, wearing a MAGA hat is lighting the fuse to disaster. So one should decide, what is more important, wearing a MAGA hat because it is a right or being targeted and ending up dead for the same hat? Check this out WARNING: Profanity
Here is the link to the overall video discussion with Matt Bracken and Fernando Aguirre - : This is a great discussion and breakdown to what you witnessed above. Learn from these videos.
I was listening to the Glenn Tate 2.0 Podcast this week that included an interview with Dan, CEO, of a large food manufacturing company. Dan had been interviewed back in April 2020 and offered some excellent insight to the status of the nations food availability, resources to can food, and shipping. Dan's update provided fifteen points of interest we should all take note of. Not in any particular order, they are:
1. The 4th Quarter of 2020 will be the worst quarter of the year. Double/Triple the problems faced in the spring of 2020.
2. : Massive shortages in packing resources. This will cause a four to six month turn around from the regular time required.
3. There is a bidding war taking place for available food between China, USA, Brazil, India, and Japan. This will drive prices up and decrease available food resources within the US of A.
4. Grocery prices on average increases 30% from summer to winter. Expect the possibility of an additional 30% increase in cost equaling the possibility of a 60% cost increase. Prepare, prepare, prepare.
5. Current winter food stock availability is already massively depleted..
6. Higher levels of government buying a large volume of food. Mostly going to FEMA and further depleting food stock availability.
7. Analyst predicting further lockdowns through the winter, globally, which will further hamper food processing, available resources, and shipping complications.
8. CDC predicts a high volume of flu cases. We will witness confusion between fly and Covid-19 cases creating further quarantines which will impact the work force across the food processing, shipping, and stocking.
9. Food producers will prioritize availability and shipment to major vendors. Locality and profit could leave some states out unless the state has food production within the state or across the state line.
10. Increasing likelihood of continued and significant unrest. Weekend vs Weekdays. Afterhours vs work hours. Delivery times vs protesting times will determine capability to deliver in areas with tension.
11. Consumer price index – Upward trajectory leads to shortages in staple items (flour, sugar, salt, pepper, ketchup)
12. Local farmers market private garden food supplies are no longer producing in the winter (where applicable)
13. Try to plan out your next year, not quarter. Supplies next spring will be minimal
14. Consumer behavior plays into shortages. What do people believe about what is coming in winter? 61% believe a severe economic depression or recession will occur in the winter.
15. People are stocking up in droves depleting minimal availability of products.
Let’s move along and get to the news...
Preparedness News –
1. From Kylene – Provident Prepper - https://theprovidentprepper.org/packaging-dry-foods-in-glass-jars-for-long-term-food-storage/ - A big thanks to our SC Patriot sister for sending this to us. I appreciate her constant review of good information to bring to the HFS family. Excellent article and another option to canning dry goods. Personally, I used this method a great deal when I first started my food plan. It was quick, easy, and I could secure a large volume of dry food resources. I used lots of gallon jars to store pasta, rice, and beans. It is amazing the recipes one can put together while building their food plan. Rice and beans. Beans and rice. Rice and beans with seasoning. Beans and rice with seasoning. Beans. Rice. Lots of options for one to never tire of this menu. Right?
2. From Judson Carroll – Grow Network - https://thegrownetwork.com/storing-using-beans-and-rice/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GrowYourOwnGroceriesBlog+%28Grow+Your+Own+Groceries+Blog%29 – One of our favorite recipes for preparing…rice and beans…beans and rice. Haven’t we heard this Opera before? Never turn down or ignore another chance to hear an arrangement of Beans Rice.
3. From Bob Rodgers – Survivopedia - https://www.survivopedia.com/when-should-you-apply-your-bug-out-plan/- It is easy to talk this topic in general terms however so many circumstances should be considered and applied to each case. Take ten different families in different locations yet applying the same type of threat and the response should be different.
4. Crisis Survivor - https://crisissurvivortips.com/a-guide-to-effective-communication-during-a-disaster/ - Many of you already completed a family communication plan. This is a basic starting point for those still sleeping around the table waiting on CNN to announce a date for folks to start building preparedness plans in between segments discussing their hate for our President.
5. From Kim Deel – A year without the grocery story - https://ayearwithoutthegrocerystore.com/seed-shortage-how-ensure-that-you-have-seeds-for-next-year/ - Remember when the Coronavirus first surfaced and folks couldn’t purchase garden seeds from the local box stores? Over the past summer folks purchased seeds like the did toilet paper back in the spring. Did you take steps over the summer to secure a stock of garden seeds? Are you pulling seeds from the vegetables you consumed over the summer? Are you taking steps to secure seeds for future garden use?
Other News –
1. From Peter Vincent Pry – American Thinker – https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/09/the_enemy_within_our_nuclear_weapon_labs.html - Many of you may recognize the authors name from the topic of EMPs. This is pretty interesting and not EMP related. I have scanned over this same topic a few times in different digital format, so I hope it is gaining traction. Here is another version of the topic from a different author. John Dougherty at Business and Politics writes on the same topic of critical race theory. https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/09/05/trump-ends-un-american-white-privilege-propaganda-critical-race-theory-at-federal-agencies-968511?utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_source=Get+Response&utm_term=EMAIL&utm_content=Newsletter&utm_campaign=bizpac – I don’t know how much traction this story will get but I’m glad it is finally getting attention.
2. From Apoorva Mandivilli – NY Times - https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/health/coronavirus-testing.html - Imagine that. First the CDC adjust the Covid-19 death total from roughly 180,000 to around 9,000. Now we see stories popping up about Covid-19 testing may be unreliable. Really? Not to sound sarcastic but these highly intelligent professionals must really think we are absolute morons.
3. From A.E. – Survival Blog - https://survivalblog.com/next-two-years-e/ - This is a good personal take on what could be ahead the next two years.
4. From John Whitehead – The Rutherford Institute - https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/mile_markers_of_tyranny_losing_our_freedoms_on_the_road_from_9_11_to_covid_19 - This is another great read from JW. Over the past months JW has offered several articles posted here on HFS regarding the multiple steps taken to evoke our freedoms. Many disregard what is happening and believe things will be okay. What say you?
5. From Brandon Smith – Alt-Market - https://www.alt-market.com/index.php/articles/4324-the-economy-continues-to-unravel-despite-all-stimulus-measures - From podcast to podcast different voices are pointing out problems in the supply chain that provides numerous resources to the American population. As long as the shelves offer a few items, citizens pay attention to the empty shelves surrounding the remaining resources. I can’t and won’t predict the future but I can share to you what I see and the pictures sent to me from HFS followers. One can take note and prepare or else ignore the proof.
6. From Tyler Durden – Zero Hedge - https://www.zerohedge.com/political/rich-americans-flock-caribbean-ahead-us-presidential-election-turmoil - As grand as this may seem, I’m not sure folks think out the consequences of leaving the country and then attempt to return. Something to think about.
7. From Mike Adams via NC Scout – American Partisan - https://www.americanpartisan.org/2020/09/mike-adams-trumps-secret-weapon-revealed-fourteenth-amendment-allows-the-president-to-strip-electoral-college-votes-from-states-supporting-censorship-against-voters-enab/ - We have heard all the ways Congress Lady Pelosi could end up filling the seat as President, but we haven’t heard the discussion presented here.
8. From WND Staff – WND - https://www.wnd.com/2020/09/serious-problem-identified-chinese-infection-u-s-power-grid/ - I have often commented it wouldn’t take an EMP to bring down the U.S. power grid. What about a simulated partial take down that appears to be an EMP strike? What if it is a controlled take down and the culprit could bring it back up at a time of choosing to do so?
9. From Mike Whitney - Zero Hedge - https://www.zerohedge.com/political/whitney-blm-mask-behind-which-oligarchs-operate - This is a very interesting article. Check it out and give it some thought.
That's all my Patriot brothers and sisters. Stay alert and strong.
Thanks much for your time to read the PENL and hanging with us at Hope for Survival. We all have different desires in news and what we read at different points in our day. Hopefully HFS has provided information to stimulate your thinking and the realities around us. It is important for you to keep your feet and minds grounded as the world continues towards an unknown destination.
Keep the faith and continue doing great things for yourself and others. Keep the emails flowing. Bring new friends and help spread the word on Preparedness. Visit the HFS YouTube page and check out the numerous preparedness videos. Subscribe and hit like. It’s a minimal price to pay for free information. I appreciate you sharing the great things you are doing with your plans and progress moving you forward. Keep charging ahead.
Prayers - Please keep our great nation, our elected leaders, military and first responders in your thoughts and prayers. Please pray for our leadership to find answers and guidance to the problems facing our great nation. I pray for each, and every one of our Patriots. Please keep our Patriot sister touring Alaska in your prayers. May we all be protected from the growing evils surrounding and attacking our families daily. May we pray for all the blessings and things in life to be thankful about and continued hope for revival around the world. Amen.
Keep charging and have a safe week. Always remember, we are blessed people. Don’t allow the events around us create fear in your life. Build your own self-reliance and focus on hope.
Bravo Echo Out,