Greetings and welcome to the Patriot Express Newsletter Edition #205. Is today a biscuit and gravy day or cream cheese and a bagel? I'm favorable to the biscuit and gravy but the bagel sounds good as well. Wonder what the gravy would taste like spread over an egg and bacon bagel? Sounds like a homerun to me.
Has anyone else noticed the left dancing on hot cakes over the Tucker Carlson tapes being shown on Fox news? How unpatriotic it is to degrade Captiol Police security on Jan 6, 2021, and how terrible this is for our nation? Did any of you punch your television screen? How much more does a nation have to watch to accept they have been lied to on this topic and many other topics? Maybe I should ask, does anyone truly care any longer? It has become pretty evident that Washington wants you to believe the truth is what you are told and not what you figure out on your own. I recall many years ago another nation in the world who treated its people the same way. Then we are told it's a threat to our Democracy. Really? Then tell us what the lying is to our Republic since that is what we are, Mr. Politician. Maybe you should read this one more time since it is the oath you swore to uphold and defend.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, to those who donated to the 2023 donation drive already. Bless you and thank you so much. You are the fuel to keep the HFS mission rolling forward another year. We are a third of the way through March and have received about 40% of our needed goal for the year. If you are wondering what I am talking about go back to last week's PENL for more information. Thanks again to those who already donated.
Thanks to everyone who messaged Ms. Lucy to wish her a special birthday this week. You lifted her spirits and helped her to feel loved and appreciated. Thank you.
For you prayer warriors, please say an extra prayer for the people of our nation. Times are hard and getting harder for many who try to juggle rising cost with limited income. It is painful going to the grocery store when we have to pay so much more for the same items. I watch families struggle to select what they put in their grocery carts because of limited funds available. No family in America should have to pick between food, medicine, shelter, and staying warm. Going forward it will get harder and harder for many. We need to keep them in mind and lift them in prayer and support as much as possible. Thank you.
Let us move along....
Communications: You can now follow HFS social media on the following outlets:
Facebook – Hope for Survival -Join us for daily posts on preparedness.
YouTube Channel – Hope for Survival
MeWe: - //mewe.com/p/hopeforsurvival2
Odysee - Hope for Survival (odysee.com)
HFS Thursday Zoom Session - No zoom rally this week.
Check out HFS YouTube. - HFS interviews Homesteaders Kathy and Mike who shares over 30 years of homesteading experience, lessons learned, endured disasters and losses, and things that helps them in their homesteading lifestyle. This is a two-part series. We thank Kathy and Mike for four the four hours of time spent with HFS. Check it out Part 2 here.
If you have not, please consider subscribing to the HFS YouTube channel by hitting like and then subscribe. Connect and give me a shout. Again, hit subscribe and share with family and friends.
Upcoming Training Opportunities -
- Kentucky Gun and Preparedness Expo - $10 per person, Leburn, KY, March 25 & 26, HFS Kentucky family come check out this event. The classes and speakers will be posted later in January. HFS will be on site teaching three classes at this event. Eastern Kentucky's Largest Sportsman Show – The Gun & Preparedness Sportsman's Expo (gunpreparednessexpos.com)
- Mountain Readiness - Harmany, NC, May 5 - 7, 2023 - $0 TO $64.95 - Mountain Readiness is family friendly event centered around learning the skills of our ancestors. Mountain Readiness in an expo in which survival and readiness experts from across the country will gather to teach their craft. There will be live demonstrations, classes, and vendors. Mountain Readiness is an expo in which survival and readiness experts, presenters, and vendors will provide the knowledge, tools, and hands on training to further develop your self-sufficiency skills. HFS will be on site teaching classes at this event.
- Heritage Life Skills - Lite - July 21-23, 2023 - Haywood Community College - Hope for Survival will be teaming with Carolina Readiness Supply (CRS) to put this event together and offer some mid-summer preparedness training in Waynesville, NC. We will be posting more information on this event soon. It's a go!!!
- Project Appleseed - Project Appleseed | Project Appleseed (appleseedinfo.org) - This is a great program and opportunity to learn and spend time with a loved one, especially children. The link offers viewing for which states offering the Appleseed program. (Thanks Festus, for this submission)
Guest and Newcomers
If you are a guest or newcomer to the HFS journey, please check out this link for additional.
information offered through HFS. https://www.hopeforsurvival.com/post/guest-and-newcomers-information-page
Hope for Survival books and HFS Thumb Drive for Emergency Documents -: You can obtain information on the two HFS books at this link: Survival, Preparedness, Disaster Management for individuals or family (hopeforsurvival.com)
Hope for Survival - How Food, Water, Shelter, and Security Could Save Your Life (Book 1)
Hope for Survival - The Mindset (Book 2)
HFS Thumb Drive for Emergency Documents - We just restocked the HFS Thumb drive and have them available now. Follow this link and you will see the add at the top of the page. Blog | Survival (hopeforsurvival.com)
We must make this brief public announcement to protect the innocent.
Ding, Ding, Ding....Attention HFS readers..... Opinions shared in this newsletter are just that, opinions, and nothing more. Read at your own risk. The owner and author of this site is not responsible for hurt feelings or thin-skinned readers. I do my best to show restraint and respect to the best extent possible. I take as many precautions as possible and try to remain as nonpolitical as possible, however, there are times when I just can't help but point certain things out. Occasionally I use words only Patriots recognize and understand. It's not personal against any non-Patriot. It's just the truth. Sometimes we must pull up our spenders and suck it up. Just saying. Stay the course, read what you want, and avoid the rest. Avoid fear porn as much as possible and the day will be okay. When all else fails… Keep the faith and always have Hope.
Let’s move along and get to some thoughts...
Thoughts for the week
Wilson's Corner - "Amazing how the world sees us when it is they who hang out with nuts."
- What do you think the finding would be if the government conducted another investigation on corruption?
- How does a government who depends on another superpower nation for 90% of psychological pharmaceutical needs, threaten to go to war with the same nation?
- Is it crazy to wonder why people of a society or nation would depend on the same broken system to fix itself using the same process that made it corrupt and broken? Is the government the problem or "we the people" the problem for allowing this to continue?
- Do you ever feel we are being setup as a nation for total failure?
Let us move along....
Chapping my behind even further, but not surprised - How many times does a person or people have to stick their hand in the cage of a barking dog to figure out the dog is in the cage for a reason and it likely bites. The sign on the cage that reads "beware, dog bites, do not pet" is a key indicator. Furthermore, if the dog has been cages for weeks, months, and maybe years, if you let the dog out, he remains the same, just without the protective cage and sign. Right?
Years ago, in my former life as a United States Air Force Security Advisor to the US Air Force, Special Operations Command (SOCOM) and Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), Special Operations Command Europe (SOCEUR), and the US State Department, at the time, part of our mission was traveling and spending lots of time working with former Soviet Bloc nations such as Hungary, Romania, Latvia, Estonia, Poland, and more. Aside from being extremely poor and functioning with high pride but very low morale, it was our job to conduct meetings and military exercises to evaluate the nation's current military status, capability, and needs, post-Soviet rule. The point was to basically prepare the nation for consideration and inclusion to NATO. While preparing and helping another nation along, my job was to ask hard questions and collect answers to process. Much of my job was observation. Just monitor what I witnessed and heard.
This would require numerous trips to Hungary, meetings, travel within the nation, and lots of observation and opinion. I spent lots of time meetings with senior Hungarian officers, mostly the Colonel level, discussing security requirements for U.S. Special Operations forces, airframes, and resources while located throughout Hungary. In the back of my mind I always had a thought to myself how these career military officers could flip a switch from a trained officer within the Soviet structure and then place their allegiance to the United States, NATO, and a new way of doing business. This included internal humanitarian aspect towards their own Hungarian military members. It wasn't a part of my reason for being at the table but a thought I always had in any of the former Soviet Bloc nations. Remember, the dog going from the cage to now being free. The dog would still bite, right?
The Hungarian government took a firm stance during the April Spring period and denied allowing the hundreds of thousands of migrants fleeing the middle eastern nations. The Hungarian government also took their own independent position during the Covid-19 era with vaccinations, travel, and making their own decisions. They appeared to be independent and not a follower of surrounding nations, NATO or not.
I was reading the linked article below that Festus provided to me for this week and typically it would have gone under "other news" below, but some information within the article immediately chapped my behind and I felt it deserved further attention and discussion. In this article, A Massive Global Restructuring is Underway… Here’s What it Means for Europe (internationalman.com) by Chris Mcintosh in the International Man, the discussion is about Hungary leaving the European Union. It is a personal choice and what is best for the nation. Hungary didn't support the war in Ukraine from the start and remains on the sideline, even against NATO desires. So much so the Hungarian Defense Ministry is cleaning house and ridding itself of Hungarian senior officers who are of a NATO mindset and supporting the Ukrainian war. A Massive Global Restructuring is Underway… Here’s What it Means for Europe (internationalman.com) by Chris Mcintosh in the International Man, the discussion is about Hungary leaving the European Union. It is a personal choice and what is best for the nation. Hungary didn't support the war in Ukraine from the start and remains on the sideline, even against NATO desires. So much so the Hungarian Defense Ministry is cleaning house and ridding itself of Hungarian senior officers who are of a NATO mindset and supporting the Ukrainian war. In this article the Hungarian Defense Minister also suggest Hungary distance itself from the United States. Wow, what a turn of events in 20 years. Hungary’s Orbán: Europe Should Distance Itself from the United States - Chronicles (chroniclesmagazine.org)
Within the article, that you can see at the link above, a map is shown of 336 politicians who have offshore holdings and newly acquired lifestyles at the expense of the Ukraine war nickels provided by various nations, which you can see just below the Pandora Papers. Thank you, American taxpayers for freely paying your taxes and not asking questions about where and how your money is being spent. Oh, I forgot, they wouldn't listen anyway. Agree? Do you realize the US Government since 2014 has freely handed over just under $100 billion with a B in funding, military and humanitarian aid. Your money, their war, and the US Government is pushing for the war to continue.
As a veteran I support the ladies and men in uniform. But I am a Constitutional law abiding American first and foremost. When I watch war hawking career politicians constantly screaming for war and financial support from our tax paying "we the people" one must stop immediately and wonder what the heck is going on in Washington, D.C. Who is looking out for our financial health, the wellbeing of our retirees and taxpayers? It appears no one. Nothing is happening or changing. Investigation after investigation and nothing changes.
I'm guessing few will remember about eight or so years ago when former Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham snuck into the back of Ukraine and held numerous meetings, convincing one faction to oust the elected government. This was the beginning of where we are today. How did so many children of elected politicians end up working as CEO's and advisors after these meetings started? Both parties I remind you. So while you are trying to balance your budget to ensure you can pay your utilities, buy medicine, and food, don't forget what your elected officials and government is doing and continues doing to each of us. The way I see it, this is our country, and they work for us. Holding them accountable is now hate speech, but holding an employ accountable is part of supervising and managing your budget and company. The company is the United States of America, and the employees are politicians in power who we are told got fairly elected.
We, as a nation responded to Sept 11, 2001, and it has not stopped since then. Get that? Over twenty years and several trillion dollars of your money and the blood of our children, parents, grandparents, and siblings. There is a time for war and defense, but it is not every day, month after month, year after year. So let us go back in time. Remember years ago, shortly after 911 when we had to go to war to stop the Islamic threat in Iraq and Afghanistan and then a group, they called ISIS and IS, emerged as this "must stop now" threat to the nation and world? Remember this urgent order from Washington D.C.? Well, check out the picture below to decide for yourself how much of an enemy this group called ISIS really was.
In Washington it has often been said, there's certain things the American people just do not need to know. Well, from the hills of East TN I say, if you are spending taxpayer dollars under a false pretense, you will account to us and share what you are getting us in to next. Furthermore, why do military and civilians under the Dept of Defense require scheduled background checks and security clearance updates to access information deemed classified by the government yet elected politicians who wouldn't qualify to open a checking account in their own name are not required to face background checks or acquire security clearances. If elected, they have been deemed worthy by the people. Tell me how a government servant on a fixed schedule pay scale end up with millions of dollars in wealth off a servant salary?
No accountability and yet, they call many of us veterans domestic terrorist. Are you getting the picture yet? They have bankrupted our great nation and have the nerve as our employees to tell us to shut up and mind our own business. All while shedding the blood of Americans around the world as they line their pockets.
Now, for those who made it this far, I want you to take a deep breath and watch this short video and then ask yourself, who is accountable for anything in our nation. Our ladies and men serving today cannot be sent forward feeling they are on a lost ship with no direction. They are not political pawns, nor should they ever be used as such. Wars kill our troops and using a war as a means for political gain and financial wealth should be stopped now.
Just a random wonder, is it possible Ukraine is the new Benghazi? Or is it possible Ukraine is holding Washington DC leadership hostage over the multiple bio-labs in Ukraine and what they may believe was taking place in the labs pre-Covid?
Intelligence or collecting local information to support you in building an effective plan for your five-mile radius to protect your neighborhood and community. is essential in getting a complete picture upfront to then conduct your risk assessment and identify threats, vulnerabilities, and then decide how and if you can mitigate each one to make you safer. Shew, that was a lot of works at one time, huh?
If you get the full class version of the Five-Mile Radius class you will see the depth of what I am talking about and how to go about doing the steps to build the full package. Otherwise, you get the basic Five-Mile Radius class. I'm working on book 3 of the Hope for Survival series titled Protecting Your Five-Mile Radius which will be a Indepth approach to the same course topic being discussed.
I talked to many who prepare and outside of the basics to food, water, shelter, and security, the conversation stops and redirects to what is going on around the world. Generic, right? Now, out of fairness to the topic, it would likely be hard to converse on a specific community unless it is a question-based chat. Fair enough?
Let's clear off the dining room table and get out our markers and index cards to set up this discussion. When we do an Indepth area study of our community, we want to include these following areas. These are the six basic areas:
- The Physical Study
- Human Terrain and Critical Infrastructure
- Geographic Terrain
- Economy and Finance
- and Politics and Governance
Wow, that's a bunch of stuff I don't understand. Right? I can't do this. I don't have time to do this. I don't understand how to do this. I'm new here and don't know the area. I'm only worried about my own farm or property. I don't this and I don't do that. I don't, I can't, I won't and on and on. I get it. You are going to roll the dice and take your chances. That is your right and option. I just know I don't want you on my team or in my community. It's not personal Patriot sister or brother. Remember, when building your community team, you don't want it loaded with friends. You want vetted skilled individuals who together you are working to keep each other alive.
Let's talk briefly what each area is about, and you can then derive from the information what is provide you in your assessment.
- The physical study
• The physical terrain includes mountains, hills, valleys, depressions, hydrology like lakes, rivers, streams, swamps and marshes, irrigation ditches, and other natural or manmade barriers and obstacles.
• Identify chokepoints and potentially hazardous areas.
• Identify canalizing terrain such as bridges, ditches, fences, and canyons.
• Drive around your area and identify potential ambush locations.
• Identify possible roving traffic control points that could be used as possible ambush points and locations. Review the area and determine possible exit routes and strategies to escape if you are trapped at one of these locations.
- Human Terrain and Critical Infrastructure
• Human terrain includes individuals and ethnic, cultural, religious, political and socioeconomic groups in the populace.
• Understand their wants and needs, the problems they face, and dates that are important to them.
• If we are going to live together it is imperative to know as much about others as possible.
• A large part of low intensity conflict is not making unnecessary enemies.
• The less we know about our neighbors the more likely we are to treat them as a threat.
• Identify most groups who are more aligned with us, potentially gaining allies; and determine which groups or individuals are more likely to represent a threat.
• Identify the family relations, religious values, political views, and ethnic ties (tribes or clans, if any) of these individuals
• Examine problems your community faces; economic, political, religious, criminal
• Identify key figures in your community; government/political, religious and criminal leaders
• Evaluate the different parts of your community, high crime areas, poverty, affluence, high and low population density
• Identify the local media, their bias, and how people get news information; print, radio, television, and/or social media
• What is the population density in your area?
• Identify the areas of homogenous race, ethnicity, culture, and religion
• What is the socioeconomic breakdown in your area
• What are the crime patterns and high-crime sections in your area
• Identify the civic and social organizations in your area
• What media outlets affect your area
• Which groups or sub-groups are least aligned with your goals
• Which groups or sub-groups will likely have a disposition towards violence during an emergency
• Which groups or sub-groups have the most in common with other groups or sub-groups
• Who are the leaders or individuals who hold influence over each group or sub-group
- Geographic Terrain
• What is the physical terrain that affects your area?
• How does the physical terrain affect my area?
• What physical terrain is the most likely to change?
• What man-made obstacles will affect your area?
• What seasonal climate factors affect your area?
• What electrical infrastructure affects your area?
• What hydrological features affect your area?
• What are the primary transportation routes in your area?
• What are the secondary transportation routes in your area?
- Political Terrain
• Who is the political leadership in my county/AO
• Who are the civil servants who wield political influence
• Who are the civil servants who wield administrative influence
• Who are the known pro-Constitution politicians and civil servants
• Who is the known statist/anti-Constitution politicians and civil servants
• What is the organization structure of county governance
• What are the perceived strengths of the county government
• What are the perceived weaknesses of the count government
• How effective at maintaining security will the county government be during an emergency
• What is the overall quality of governance of the county government
• Where are the county and local government offices and buildings
- Economic Terrain
• Who are the major job providers in the county
• What industries operate in the county
• What are the service industries dependent on industrial production
• What is the unemployment in the county
• What are the trends or indicators regarding economic stability
• What factors threaten future economic stability
• What is the distribution of socioeconomic levels
• Where are the manufacturing plants
• Which economic infrastructures are directly related to the political infrastructure
- Military/Police/Security Intelligence Requirements
• Identify the state and local law enforcement organizations in the AO
• Identify the federal law enforcement organizations in the AO
• Identify organizational structure of law enforcement organizations in the AO
• Identify the leadership of law enforcement organizations in the AO
• What is the strength and disposition of law enforcement organizations in the AO
• What are the attitudes of law enforcement leadership towards the Constitution/Liberty in the AO
• Which law enforcement officers are pro-Statist/anti-Bill of Rights
• Identify the private security apparatus in the AO
• What is the quality of justice in the AO
• How does the populace view law enforcement in the AO
In a consolidated approach to all the above needs, here's some things to consider going forward:
• In order to defeat the bad guy, you must think like the bad guy. Every person you encounter is not a bad guy. But, just like a terrorist is like a hockey goalie, it only takes making one shot on goal to ruin your day or life.
• You have to get it right every time. They have to get it right one time. So, what you see, how you see it, what you collect, and file in your mind, and then process with additional information or file in a system you build is critical to your daily survival.
• Create a library of printed documents covering most topics in preparedness. Food, water, shelter, security, medicine (fish meds, essential oils, and plant meds), self-help projects, solar, maps of my state, and two states around me in every direction. These are just the primary topics I collect information on.
• Also monitor and collect information on crimes, statistics, major road projects and construction, or events that impact geographical terrain that could restrict movement or any other facet of my plans
• Some information obtained can be used immediately, and other information will be stored for later use or through a compilation of information to confirm suspicions.
• Bottom line is what you do with the information once you have it. Do your best to not go on the “he said, and she said” system.
• To the best possible extent, you need concrete proof type intelligence. Sometimes it is nearly impossible to get to the bottom of information but be diligent and do your best.
• Be cautious of “fear porn” on the airwaves.
I know at this point I lost many of you in the past 60 seconds and that's okay. Like I said before, how committed are you to being prepared the best you possibly can be? I have basically laid out everything you need to study to pass the test, or at least become the teacher's pet. No one ever said preparedness was easy or eating Twinkies while reading the latest post-Apocalyptic novel (which I do read) will answer all your questions. It is time consuming and hard work both physically and mentally.
Thats all Patriots...
Preparedness News -
1. From Tom Marlowe - Survivor Sullivan - Emergency Evacuation Plan - How to Make One and Practice It (survivalsullivan.com) - I have beat this drum like the Bad News Bears over the past few years. Plan, plan, plan. It's not in your head or scribbled on a napkin. Past disasters and events clearly lays out the need for written plans. Emergency Evacuation Plan - How to Make One and Practice It (survivalsullivan.com)
2. From UK Prepper - UK Prepper Life - A Guide to Permaculture: Creating a Self-Sustaining Food Garden - ukprepper.life - This way of gardening seems to be surfacing more often than not.
3. From Marie Hawthorne - Mind 4 Survival - It's Time To Ditch Your Dryer! Why You Should Be Line-Drying - Mind4Survival - Great advice. I know, it's time consuming and not so convenient, right? But it's one of the things that will impact our life heavily when the grid is down, and you must manage going back to how your grandmother once dried clothes.
4. From Linda Loosli - Food Storage Moms - Living in a World Without Dentists - Food Storage Moms - Do you have emergency dental kids in your medical bag and in your home? Today, a crown just fell off and you can't get in to see your dentist for a week. Ugh. What will you do? If you considered keeping a emergency dental kit in your preparedness resources you could use it to hold you over.
5. From Bob Rodgers - Preppers Will - Proven and Practical Skills Learned From The Homelessness Community (prepperswill.com) - Two Patriot brothers in Huntsville, AL told me numerous stories they learned while spending time with the homeless. How they survive day to day. Food, security, hygiene, water, shelter. Sound familiar? Someone near you may already be doing these the things you are thinking you may have to do in time.
Other News -
1. From Charles Hugh Smith - Of Two Minds - oftwominds-Charles Hugh Smith - The author offers some good discussion on different currency solutions to our current rumors of a digital currency ahead.
2. From Rachel Marsdsen - RT News - The US military plans to use deep fakes and take over appliances for propaganda — RT World News - Well, true or not, this is a good read. Some evidence is pointing towards the Department of Defense being behind much or all of the Covid-19 era fiasco. We live in a world today where nothing surprises me any longer.
3. From Eric Lendrum - American Greatness -FBI Whistleblowers: Threat Tags Were Used to Target Conservatives › American Greatness (amgreatness.com) - I hope you realize by now some dirt just can't be removed no matter what one tries. This is the case with this particular organization today. Rogue, out of control, and not accountable for their actions and violations targeting specific groups within America.
4. From James Scott Jones - The Stream - Don’t Worry, Ukraine. We’ll Look Out for You, Just Like Afghanistan - The Stream - Go further back and ask the Kurds how promises worked out for them? How many lives must a nation lose through invested lies and promises from a nation before they wake up?
5. From John Solomon and Amanda Head - Just the News - Ron Johnson: Jan. 6 narrative will continue to morph as more security footage emerges | Just The News - As the people figure out the lies are buried deep in the manure, the stench will get worse, and the flies will do their best to wield off efforts to get to the bottom.
That's all my Patriot brothers and sisters.
Prayers - Please keep our great nation, our elected leaders, military and first responders in your thoughts and prayers. We pray for good health and wisdom. Please pray for our leadership to find answers and guidance to the problems facing our great nation. May your faith remain strong and answers to the unknown provided. God is good and may our prayers blanket and protect you and your circumstances. I pray for each, and every one of our Patriots.
HFS currently has several sisters and brothers in great need for prayer and uplifting. Please keep our HFS family members in your prayers. Prayers are needed in Central AL up to Huntsville, AL and our Patriot brother who remains with serious health issues. Prayers are still needed in northern GA, MD, KY and TN. Please pray for our Patriot sister in Western NC who deals with nerve issues impacting her back and ability to function daily. Please also keep the son of Skinny Medic in your prayers as he continues his recovery process from a severe medical condition.
May we pray for all the blessings and things in life to be thankful about and continued hope for revival around the world. We must continually pray for the unsaved, our family and friends who live each day without the protection for eternal life and salvation.
As Patriots we must stay strong and never give up. Our home, community, and nation need us now more than ever. Stay focused on your local community and things that will impact you around the nation. Don't allow the events around you to create fear in your life. Build your own self-reliance and focus on faith and hope. Remember we are a blessed nation, and we must continue to be great people today and make a better tomorrow. Keep charging.
Bravo Echo Out,