Greetings and welcome to the Patriot Express Newsletter Edition #240. Thanks for stopping by for this week's PENL. Wow, where is time going so quickly? Blink and the middle of November is approaching. Christmas is right around the corner. Can you believe 2024 is just a few weeks away?
Hope for Survival sends many "thanks" and blessings to each and every veteran, past and present, who responded to the calling to go forth and serve our great nation for some duration. This could be a single enlistment or a career. Many often single out the person in unform however it takes many professions to keep the military operating. This should include the many who stayed behind to keep the homeland safe and operating as well. It takes many committed and hardworking people to keep the greatest nation in history moving forward. Thanks to everyone and may you be blessed and feel appreciated on this day of recognition and every day.
It has been a great week since we last met. Busy but fantastic. Why? I got to spend a few hours one on one with Festus having good conversations we choose to not have via electronics. As long as I have known my brother from another mother, I had never witnessed him drink coffee. Change that. I think the young lad was tired. Coffee? Ms. Lucy and I had dinner with three HFS Patriots on Friday evening and the host, who is the best fish fryer on earth, left our eyes watering and our lips desiring more. He, and his wonderful wife put out a spread that was wonderful. Thank you so much. We got up early on Saturday morning and tripped south to Waynesville, NC to spend a bit of time with our favorite Carolina Readiness Patriots discussing the world. It is always a great day when spending time at CRS. It was like a family reunion when other HFS Patriots walked into the store, and we got to visit some. Our dear Patriot friends from North Georgia traveled over to do lunch together and it was our first real visit together in over a year. We sure appreciate them making the drive to do lunch together. Thank you. We made it home just in time to go enjoy the evening with HFS Patriots over a hot dog and chili meal over the pit fire. How about that. Life is so blessed. Like I have told you before, there is something really special about the HFS family.
I spent most of this week in Huntsville, AL doing the day job and working on the newsletter, YouTube platform, and doing some research. It's never fun being away from home, however, Ms. Lucy certainly sends a taste of home with me. I prefer packing my own food vs eating out, which saves me time so I can work in the evenings and have dinner while I work. Surprise!!! Ms. Lucy packed some venison stew in my goodie for the week and it was fireworks kind of awesome. Superb I must tell you. Life is good. Did I already tell you that? I like to break away and do dinner with the HFS Huntsville family but my calendar this month is packed full of things I have to accomplish on timelines. Hopefully we can do dinner together next trip.
Let us move along....
Communications: You can now follow HFS social media on the following outlets:
Facebook – Hope for Survival -Join us for daily posts on preparedness.
YouTube Channel – Hope for Survival
Odysee - Hope for Survival (odysee.com)
HFS Thursday Zoom - There was no zoom this week.
Check out HFS YouTube. - Two HFS videos for your viewing.
If you have not, please consider subscribing to the HFS YouTube channel by hitting like and then subscribe. Connect and give me a shout. Again, hit subscribe and share with family and friends.
Guest and Newcomers
If you are a guest or newcomer to the HFS journey, please check out this link for additional.
information offered through HFS. https://www.hopeforsurvival.com/post/guest-and-newcomers-information-page
Hope for Survival books and HFS Thumb Drive for Emergency Documents -: You can obtain information on the two HFS books at this link: Survival, Preparedness, Disaster Management for individuals or family (hopeforsurvival.com)
Hope for Survival - How Food, Water, Shelter, and Security Could Save Your Life (Book 1)
Hope for Survival - The Mindset (Book 2)
HFS Thumb Drive for Emergency Documents - We just restocked the HFS Thumb drive and have them available now. Follow this link and you will see the add at the top of the page. Blog | Survival (hopeforsurvival.com)
We must make this brief public announcement to protect the innocent.
Ding, Ding, Ding....Attention HFS readers..... Opinions shared in this newsletter are just that, opinions, and nothing more. Read at your own risk. The owner and author of this site is not responsible for hurt feelings or thin-skinned readers. I do my best to show restraint and respect to the best extent possible. I take as many precautions as possible and try to remain as nonpolitical as possible, however, there are times when I just can't help but point certain things out. Occasionally I use words only Patriots recognize and understand. It's not personal against any non-Patriot. It's just the truth. Sometimes we must pull up our spenders and suck it up. Just saying. Stay the course, read what you want, and avoid the rest. Avoid fear porn as much as possible and the day will be okay. When all else fails… Keep the faith and always have Hope.
Let’s move along and get to some thoughts...
Thoughts for the week -
Terrorist cells and terrorism on the homeland - First I must tell you when I retired from the Air Force in 2003 and having spent my previous 8-10 years working in the US Counter Terrorism program as a field advisor and then superintendent of Antiterrorism for US Air Force Special Operations supporting the elite of the elite in the US military, I walked away exhausted mentally and physically. However, I knew and believed the topic of terrorism and the scale we worked it was behind me for good. Now, just over 20 years later the government that I took an oath to support and the nation I swore to defend is hearing we have a terrorist cell problem on our Homefront. Honestly, this is crushing in many ways. Many American soldiers went abroad and lost their life fighting wars including terrorism because they believed it was better than dealing with them at home. I can assure you this much. Not a single elected official in Washington D.C. is having the same thought today that I am having.
America is not ready for terrorist or the violence and pain their acts cause in and around America. It is violence unlike anything most Americans ever witnessed or considered. If this threat being announced by our government comes to realization, a large degree of our populace will be damaged psychologically forever or long term. It would be safe to call this type of violence barbaric or savagery. It is not new and has been around for hundreds of years if not longer.
In my adult life I can relate specifically to terrorist groups such as the Red Brigade, the Irish Republic Army, the Abu Sayaf Group, the Palestinian Organization, the FARC, 17 November, Baader-Meinhof, the Red Army, Black September, Japanese Red Army, Abu Nidal Group, Symbionese Liberation Army, The Weather Underground, and many more. So the concept of terrorism and groups around the world already existed. What is different today from the past? Most groups lived and operated within a set country for a cause. Anti-government. Anti-faith. Anti-political party or class. Years ago I remember President Bush talking about taking the war to the enemy on their turf. It was better to fight the war on their turf than on our homeland. We went to the Middle East and stirred the hornets' nest.
Domestically we have had terrorist groups as well. A big difference has been the level of violence caused by foreign groups at their given locations vs domestic groups typically didn't attack people or locations where people may be at the time of the attack. This is debatable with the Weather Underground. We used to hear a lot about two west coast groups called A.L.F. and E.L.F. who committed attacks against property, but not people.
So, when I say, "Americans are psychologically soft" and will not handle the level of violence foreign terrorist can deliver, history supports my point. This is not a point of belittling Americans; it is pointing out we have been blessed through our history to not have this type of hatred or violent acts on our soil. Again, tell me why we go to foreign lands to fight wars yet leave our own borders unprotected?
I want to be clear, anyone who has painted a mental picture of a rag tag unit who is marching to the beat of someone else ideology is sadly mistaken. Yes, many of the terrorist who deliver the violence are followers, however, most terrorist cells are professionally organized, managed, funded, and networked. If we bring in ISIS or Al Queda to the scene, they are much larger than past groups and include their own government, school system, currency, and more.
The world has changed drastically over the last 25 years and because of our failed immigration system, laws, and politically driven agendas, these organizations of today walked right in freely and await their direction to engage. Heck, how can we complain about it? We have changed so much we elected representatives to our federal government who denounce our government and what we have stood for through history. We can blame them; however, it is our fault because "we the people" allowed it to happen.
To help you understand the terrorist organization better, it is usually made up of a command element or leadership, a support cell to facilitate the logistical needs of the group, an intelligence cell to collect data about the target, and the tactical cell to carry out the attack. Interestingly, most of the terrorist never meet others from element to element. These ensures identity protection and mission secrecy. For the purpose of this discussion let's focus on the intelligence cell's modus operandi.
Here is where the importance of being a "hard target" comes in. Once the terrorist organization decides on a set of possible targets, the target set must be reconnoitered and gathered. How should the target be approached? What is the best attack method for the target? How will the tactical cell running surveillance and possibly doing the attack going to maintain security through the entire process. This would include escape and evasion routes. Once the target has been identified and decided on, the more intense the intelligence gathering will be. If this involved you and your location, this is where you certainly hope you are a hard target, and the terrorist cell moves on.
The terrorist attack is normally preceded by lengthy and thorough surveillance. Remember, the terrorist surveillance team has all the time they need to surveil the target. The purpose of which is to learn about patterns, routines, behavior, and in general, vulnerabilities associated with the proposed target. If you have been following HFS for any length of time, you have heard me repeatedly comment about risk analysis, risk management, vulnerabilities and mitigation of the vulnerabilities based on the threat associated to the vulnerability.
So, as a civilian, farmer, housewife, husband, truck driver, ..... how do you disrupt the terrorist plan before it's carried out? You can consider three overarching principles. They are: awareness, deterrence, and countersurveillance (paying attention to your surroundings and watching those who may be watching you).
Awareness - terrorist cells are most vulnerable during the preparation for an attack. A good example would be during the intelligence gathering phase they risk exposure, detection, and identification. Why? Because they are trying to exploit things for specific information and if people are paying attention and thinking outside the box, they should detect these inquiries or at least start having suspicions.
- Open source information - local newspapers, weekly newspapers, TV, radio, web sites, freedom of information act requests, obtain satellite photographs from Google earth.
- Human Intelligence - casual conversations often lead to people wanting to share every secret they know. Especially when alcohol is involved. Other methods could be extortion, intimidation, infiltration via employment/contract like janitorial or grounds keeping workers.
- Signal Intelligence - wire taping, scanning local networks for first responders via unsecure communication equipment, cell-phone intercepts, email, and microwave intercepts.
- Surveillance of the target - external observations from vehicles, nearby rooms overseeing an area offering surveillance of a target without being detected, sponsored visitations to a facility or event, vendors/contactors supporting large events, maintenance repair orders, utility meter readers, taxi or uber drivers, moving/storage workers. The list is long and anyone wishing to surveil another can do so with a bit of creativity and patience.
- Photographic intelligence collection - Oh, how naive we are and trusting of the world around us. We dress our children up in skimpy dance costumes and watch them strut on to the civic center mats for a routine and applause while the room has perverts and pedophiles all around. They post the picture on the internet without realizing most pictures are traceable back to the location taken. This list is long for photographic intelligence opportunities.
Some surveillance indicators - events that may indicate your building or area is under surveillance:
- Calling in a bomb threat to evaluate evacuation procedures and response plans from first responders.
- Infiltrating local businesses by seeking employment to learn building layout (floor plans).
- Filing a false police report to learn the layout of the police station.
- Increase in reported contacts or extortion attempts.
- Visitors who conveniently get lot or disoriented during business hours.
- Randomly visiting religious establishments to identify interior doors and egress points.
- People waiting around bus stations and pick up point but not never get on a bus.
- People at customer service areas but never get service.
- Maintenance work that isn't announced.
- Deliveries that aren't anticipated.
- People asking questions to fuel areas where trucks pick up and download fuel.
- People asking questions regarding security capabilities, staffing, and arming of guards.
- People asking questions about transportation schedules, routes, and busy service hours.
This list is enormous so above are only a few examples.
Things you can do in your personal life and business locations:
- Increase your understanding of terrorist organizations and methods of delivery.
- Understanding the ideology of different groups.
- Don't become a soft target by conducting business and life patterns the same way at the same time daily.
- Recognizing and reporting suspicious individuals and acts that seem out of the norm.
- Screen and validate all mail, parcels, parts, goods, and services, delivered to your place of work and home.
- Notice individuals asking directions to areas that qualify as critical infrastructure in your community.
- Take note of vehicles parked for periods of time in areas not normal.
- Take note of individuals using video and cameras to record key elements of your community.
- Have a list handy with your key emergency response elements and numbers you can contact.
- Know your neighbors and normal traffic around your community.
- Keep key areas around your property clear and free of growth and debris to allow visual assessments frequently.
- Notice strange out of the norm actions taken by neighbors that sets out of the norm routines when most people are at work or asleep.
You are the greatest resource a community can offer because the more eyes and ears involved in monitoring a community, the better and higher likely hood of detecting a possible terrorist event before it happens.
CAUTION: You are not the police and should never ever approach any individual you suspect of being a potential threat. Call your local law enforcement department when questions arise.
For more information in this topic area you can go to the Hope for Survival YouTube page and catch recent videos that I have discussed this topic more in depth.
Intermediate 72 Hour Emergency Kit
Food and Water
Personal Daily Rations for three days (see water section above)
32 oz Water Bottle (Drink 8 oz. eight times throughout the day = 64 oz.)
Water purification tablets, bleach, filtration system, life straw
Camping Cook Set, utensil, scrubbing pad leather potholder, soap for sanitizing dishes, utensils and pots
Light & Warmth
Flashlight with extra batteries and/or Solar/Hand-crank light
Candles (seal these in a Ziploc bag to prevent oil & wax from leaking onto your other items)
Matches, lighter, and/or Magnifying glass
Hand or Foot Warmers
Emergency Blanket and/or Light Weight Blanket
Tent, Tarp, Shelter
Extra Clothing (Shirt, pants, thermals or under armor, underwear socks)(If expenses is a problem consider shopping at a thrift type store)
Beanie, Baseball Cap & Handkerchief
Gloves & Belt
Small Sewing Kit
First Aid Kit
Large, Medium, and Small Bandages Antibiotic Ointment Burn Cream
Thermometer Tweezers Curad Bloodstop
Eye Drops Mole Skin Krazy Glue
Pain Reliever Allergy Medicine Surgical Gloves
Medication/Vitamins Nail Clippers Lip Balm
Toothbrush Toothpaste Cotton Swabs
Brush/Comb Combo Lotion Hair Ties
Toilet Paper Feminine Hygiene Products Hand Shovel
Hand Sanitizer Small Bar of Soap Washcloth
Radio & List of Radio Stations Notepad & Pencil Calling Card
Stamp and Postcards Power Bank Battery Charger Cell Phone & Charger
Whistle Burner Phone(s) Mirror for signaling
Flares Fire Starting Resources
Documents: Per recommended in Hope for Survival; How Food, Water, Shelter, and Security Could Save Your Life, consider building a personal bag containing all of your essential documents, pictures, deeds, titles, bank statements…. Recommend one family member always have this bag in their possession when departing home. Make a second back up copy (digital) to file/store/secure in a safe secondary location.
Drivers License Picture of Family Members Credit Cards
Contact List of Family/FriendsBirth CertificateMarriage Certificate
That's all-fellow Patriots, let us move along....
Preparedness News -
1. From Lisa Bedford - Survival Mom - 8 Tips for Finding Natural Sources of Water - The Survival Mom - Water? Yes, without it you will die. So many things around you are dependent in your daily life. Humans, animals, automobiles, gardens and trees, ...... If your tap is turned off or your well goes dry, then what? What is your plan?
2. From Prep School Daily - Prep School Daily: Make Your Own Spray & Wash and Other Laundry Pre-Treatments - Good information and recipes to start making your own supplies.
3. From Bernie Carr - Apartment Prepper - Survival Tech: 14 Essential Uses for Your Cell Phone When the Grid is Down - Apartment Prepper - Good information to consider. Make use of all the things you have in boxes and laying around your home. I think I have three or four old cell phones around our place.
4. From Karen. S. Morris - Are you prepared, mama? - Harvesting, Processing, and Storing Heirloom Seeds (areyoupreparedmama.com) - Check this out. Good information.
5. From Rhonda Owen - Preppers Will - Natural Remedies For Common Viral Infections (prepperswill.com) - Great information for you to consider.
Other News -
1. From Tyler Durden - Zero Hedge - 'Terrorism Leads To Lockdowns Leads To Martial Law' - Martin Armstrong Warns Of Deep State Plan To Hold On To Power | ZeroHedge - Outstanding article. I'm a big fan of Martin Armstrong to begin with. (Thanks Festus, for this submission)
2. From Frank Bergman - Slay - Jim Jordan Launches Investigation into DOJ for Spying on Congressional Lawmakers - Slay News - Wake me up when the results of this are over. Like the previous attempts, it will be another nothing burger.
3. From Revolver - Vivek shares the "ugly truth": China has big plans after the US military is depleted... - Revolver News - True or not, this is pretty alarming and honestly, I agree with what he says and have for several years.
4. From Ken Blackwell - The Stream - The Crime Wave in America is Crippling Our Nation - The Stream - I don't know if you have been following the national crime wave destroying our nation and how the left is smiling all the way to the "not guilty" line to watch the criminals walk.
5. From Greg Hunter - USA Watchdog - Jonathan Cahn gives the Biblical breakdown of Israel-Hamas End-Time Mystery | Greg Hunter’s USAWatchdog - Interesting article.
That's all my Patriot brothers and sisters.
Prayers - Please keep our great nation, our elected leaders, military and first responders in your thoughts and prayers. We pray for good health and wisdom. Please pray for our leadership to find answers and guidance to the problems facing our great nation. May your faith remain strong and answers to the unknown provided. God is good and may our prayers blanket and protect you and your circumstances. I pray for each, and every one of our Patriots.
Please keep our Patriot sister and brother located in Western N.C. in your prayers as she awaits answers and plans for a critical surgery upcoming soon. Please pray for our Patriot brother in Western N.C. who was recently diagnosed with a form of skin cancer. Please pray for our Patriot brother in Western N.C. who has completed cancer surgery and numerous treatments. We pray for his recovery and immune system. Please pray for our Patriot sister in Western N.C. while she awaits answers for her heart issue. Please pray for our Patriot brother in Kentucky who underwent a second surgery to replace a rod in his leg caused by a vehicle accident on his final night of work going into retirement.
May we pray for all the blessings and things in life to be thankful about and continued hope for revival around the world. We must continually pray for the unsaved, our family and friends who live each day without the protection for eternal life and salvation.
As Patriots we must stay strong and never give up. Our home, community, and nation need us now more than ever. Stay focused on your local community and things that will impact you around the nation. Don't allow the events around you to create fear in your life. Build your own self-reliance and focus on faith and hope. Remember we are a blessed nation, and we must continue to be great people today and make a better tomorrow. Keep charging.
Bravo Echo Out,